Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not bumping my post because I'm an arrogant kvnt, but because in the paper today, there was an article about the impact of NIL on recruiting. It specifically mentioned Gene Smith (AD at OSU) telling boosters 6 months ago that it would take $13M to hold their roster together this year... that's ANNUALLY, just for NIL.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So far out of our 12 commits, we got 3 OL, 3 DL, 3 DBs and 2 LBs - all solid 4-stars. That's a good start to shoring up the trenches and our pathetic defense.
Edit: Just got our 4th DL commit.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Because I notice the little stuff, and bitch even when it doesn't matter.....

Be Like... I get the consistency of it all, and it side steps any butt hurt by recruits not having a 'special' video, instead they are part of the #23 team. I like that each starts with a focus on the right side pin up about that player. BUT... were any of these kids alive when Danny played? I love Wuerffel, don't get me wrong, but it seems out of place in this canned presentation. Maybe some poster of BHG with a big gator in it, or some alligator statue off to the side, something that is timeless and about the SCHOOL, not some player these kids don't know. And another thing....giving highlights with an 80's VCR tape? Again, these kids wouldn't know that crap - it doesn't relate, doesn't connect to kids now. It's all digital, they don't even know what a VCR is!

Yes, I'm bitching about 'we got croots!' announcements....I'm old, I'm grumpy, and I need more coffee.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Be Like... I get the consistency of it all, and it side steps any butt hurt by recruits not having a 'special' video, instead they are part of the #23 team. I like that each starts with a focus on the right side pin up about that player. BUT... were any of these kids alive when Danny played? I love Wuerffel, don't get me wrong, but it seems out of place in this canned presentation. Maybe some poster of BHG with a big gator in it, or some alligator statue off to the side, something that is timeless and about the SCHOOL, not some player these kids don't know. And another thing....giving highlights with an 80's VCR tape? Again, these kids wouldn't know that crap - it doesn't relate, doesn't connect to kids now. It's all digital, they don't even know what a VCR is!

Yes, I'm bitching about 'we got croots!' announcements....I'm old, I'm grumpy, and I need more coffee.
I pointed this out to Ox in the box this morning... he thought his "Tony Gonzalez" reference was relevant, hip even... I said that Pratt probably thought Gonzalez was his gardener.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Would have been way cooler to have a laser disk player.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.