2023 Win or get the fu(k out

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
There’s not a reason to not finish with 8 wins next season. This roster can be flipped with the portal. See LSU, FSU, and TN.

We need 10-12 portal kids.
I can think of at least two reasons. We don't have a DC. We don't have a head coach that understands that we don't have a DC or an OC or a special teams coach.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There’s not a reason to not finish with 8 wins next season. This roster can be flipped with the portal. See LSU, FSU, and TN.

We need 10-12 portal kids.
Why didn't we do it last year?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
standing ovation clap GIF

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So fire him immediately? We KNEW this was a compete rebuild. We’ve been begging for it for several years. BN starts the process this year and we’re panicking 12 months into it. I understand the 20 year olds need instant gratification but I just don’t get it with the geritol-village gang.
Nobody's expecting immediate championships. But there's absolutely no reason we shouldn't be more competitive rather than less competitive than we were with the last asshat.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you guys are just emotionally fragile hatchet wounds.
I’m not saying BN is the answer, but he sure as hell isn’t the problem that created this situation.
The only emotional fragile ones here are the one's that can't accept the reality of the situation we're in and where we're headed.

Also , how do we know billy isn't making the situation worse?

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
The theft from UF the last 12 years is worse than Madoff. It is sickening.
Mullen Madoff with $12 million, right? And now he sits grinning in those stupid halftime analyst shows with his slicked down 1962 Vitalis haircut spewing gibberish. He and Mrs. Mullen had been planning that theft for a couple of years.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen went 34-17 here and he's miss states all time winningest coach. Was he the answer here? No . But it's retarded to blame him and every single player he recruited every time we lose. It's exhausting. Do you guys blame Todd Helton when usc lost to Utah. Or blame ogre when lsu lost to Tennessee? Every single time we get a new coach we blame the last one. This doesn't have to be a freaking 10 year rebuild that's just some cop out some of you guys use to make yourselves feel better. There's nothing wrong with saying this first season was a failure and billy ain't getting it done right now. Doesn't mean that he won't eventually or can't but it's where we are.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Mullen went 34-17 here and he's miss states all time winningest coach. Was he the answer here? No . But it's retarded to blame him and every single player he recruited every time we lose. It's exhausting. Do you guys blame Todd Helton when usc lost to Utah. Or blame ogre when lsu lost to Tennessee? Every single time we get a new coach we blame the last one. This doesn't have to be a freaking 10 year rebuild that's just some cop out some of you guys use to make yourselves feel better. There's nothing wrong with saying this first season was a failure and billy ain't getting it done right now. Doesn't mean that he won't eventually or can't but it's where we are.
Great point.
Not one area of the University of Florida Football program is better today versus 1 year ago. Billy took the job and the money. Buck stops with him.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

This is all very true and makes sense as does what Pablo said about the buck stops with the here and now. But what is consistent is something DGD said today and it is exactly what has to change. Fooley is still around and as I have said a million times, we have the worst Administration for athletics in the entire SEC if not the country. Even when you have a good coach or a glimmer, they are beaten down by the Administration. It does not mean you can't have outlying years, but consistency is very very tough. Incompetent leadership is too cheap to hire "proven" and too STOOPID to find a real coach. And we have the definition of Incompetent in our Administration. Maybe that will change, but I doubt it. There are some places that are consistent, though they may not be champ contenders every year, but they are consistent within their expectations. And not that it is not obvious that we have total incompetence in the people department, and I am not one to make a lot of silly songs or chants, etc. but just the flak that the Admin made over the "Gator Bait" chant (can I say that)???? spoke volumes about how they feel about sports.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only emotional fragile ones here are the one's that can't accept the reality of the situation we're in and where we're headed.

Also , how do we know billy isn't making the situation worse?
MJM , Urgy , red rocket and others ragged on Anthony all ****ing year and called for his benching almost as many times as Billy says “right “ after the end of a statement . They got what they asked for and now have to find a new scapegoat, but one thing is for sure….It won’t be Sunbelt Billy bobs fault .

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
So fire him immediately? We KNEW this was a compete rebuild. We’ve been begging for it for several years. BN starts the process this year and we’re panicking 12 months into it. I understand the 20 year olds need instant gratification but I just don’t get it with the geritol-village gang.

Transfer portal disagrees with the “complete rebuild” narrative. If he really thought it was a complete rebuild he would have sent Dean, Torrence, Trevez and co. packing before the season. Didn’t he talk Dean into coming back? Coulda swore I read that somewhere

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Generally, I try not to post when I'm emotionally "out of balance". It can cause you to say unbalanced things.........

Sometimes it takes 24 hours for reality and common sense to take over the narrative.

Give it some time, this year was never going to be a "good" year. It may even take 2 years of wondering in the wilderness to put the UF Football Program on solid ground again.

I hate losing but it's the price of bad hires.
What makes you think this wasn't another bad hire? I'm just trying to figure out what folks who say in a couple more years we will be on solid ground see that I don't. He's as bad or worse than Mullen at game management, using TO's etc. He supports underperforming coaches. Good but not great recruiting. The only way he succeeds is if he makes major changes in his own responsibilities and replaces underperforming coaches. I haven't heard any suggestion that he plans to make these changes.

This loss was the sh*t sprinkles on top of the great big sh*t sundae he served up this year. I can't remember who said it, but they were absolutely right when they said something along the lines (but shorter) that the only acceptable thing for him to say after this game was "This is going to be brief. I'm only going to say the results this year were unacceptable. As a team we didn't deliver a product that the fans and University deserved. I can promise you that we will be evaluating everything, and everyone's job and position is up for grabs, and that includes players, coaches, and every staff member. I'm in charge and I take responsibility. There's going to be major changes and I am going to do my best to represent the Gator Nation at the level they expected when they gave me this opportunity. No further questions."

By the way, FIFY

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What makes you think this wasn't another bad hire? I'm just trying to figure out what folks who say in a couple more years we will be on solid ground see that I don't. He's as bad or worse than Mullen at game management, using TO's etc. He supports underperforming coaches. Good but not great recruiting. The only way he succeeds is if he makes major changes in his own responsibilities and replaces underperforming coaches. I haven't heard any suggestion that he plans to make these changes.

This loss was the sh*t sprinkles on top of the great big sh*t sundae he served up this year. I can't remember who said it, but they were absolutely right when they said something along the lines (but shorter) that the only acceptable thing for him to say after this game was "This is going to be brief. I'm only going to say the results this year were unacceptable. As a team we didn't deliver a product that the fans and University deserved. I can promise you that we will be evaluating everything, and everyone's job and position is up for grabs, and that includes players, coaches, and every staff member. I'm in charge and I take responsibility. There's going to be major changes and I am going to do my best to represent the Gator Nation at the level they expected when they gave me this opportunity. No further questions."

By the way, FIFY
It may be another "bad" hire but I don't think we have an adequate sample size to determine that yet. I also said "it may take 2 years", may being the important word here, to get back on solid ground. We may never get back under BN, who knows? Not me and your record of picking winners doesn't generate much confidence in you.

I understand your feelings, a little, but the way you feel today MAY be different than how you feel next year if we roll off 3,4,5 straight wins.

Just saying, give the process some time and chill out.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
As I said before, I am actually kinda excited for this off-season in a morbid way. I really think this is where we see if Billy is up to the task and most reasonable fans can "trust the process" or is he another dude with a bunch of coach-speak platitudes. If we see some type of recognition, evaluation and corrective actions then I will be, and I think most reasonable fans will be, satisfied. For whatever reason, and its pointless to rehash, we have been churning through coaches. Going 2-3 years and replacing coaches is just not a way to build a consistent winner. We need some stability in the leadership of the program. Napier at least has a plan (Its fine if you disagree with it) and has shown the discipline and structure to implement it (maybe to his detriment). Barring a complete collapse, like winless season, he is getting at least 3 years, maybe 4.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
It may be another "bad" hire but I don't think we have an adequate sample size to determine that yet. I also said "it may take 2 years", may being the important word here, to get back on solid ground. We may never get back under BN, who knows? Not me and your record of picking winners doesn't generate much confidence in you.

I understand your feelings, a little, but the way you feel today MAY be different than how you feel next year if we roll off 3,4,5 straight wins.

Just saying, give the process some time and chill out.
I have no idea what this part means. But none of this has anything to do with feelings. This was a bad season, there's no denying that, and the other teams with first year coaches ate our lunch.

I agree that it's too early to think about a change, and the jury is still out on whether Napier can succeed here. But I would say there's nearly zero chance he will if he doesn't get an OC, DC, and fix special teams with a dedicated ST coach. And he will need to get better than just good players through recruiting and working the portal.

That's a lot of obstacles to overcome and the odds are against him. And throw on top of that the fact that based on his post-game pressers, losing doesn't seem to bother him. Then there's the tendency through his entire HC career to win close leaving the opponent with a chance to take the win in the end.

Tell me what part I'm missing, but I'd say as of now the odds are way stacked way way against him as far as what happens first, getting fired vs winning a championship.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I have no idea what this part means. But none of this has anything to do with feelings. This was a bad season, there's no denying that, and the other teams with first year coaches ate our lunch.

I agree that it's too early to think about a change, and the jury is still out on whether Napier can succeed here. But I would say there's nearly zero chance he will if he doesn't get an OC, DC, and fix special teams with a dedicated ST coach. And he will need to get better than just good players through recruiting and working the portal.

That's a lot of obstacles to overcome and the odds are against him. And throw on top of that the fact that based on his post-game pressers, losing doesn't seem to bother him. Then there's the tendency through his entire HC career to win close leaving the opponent with a chance to take the win in the end.

Tell me what part I'm missing, but I'd say as of now the odds are way stacked way way against him as far as what happens first, getting fired vs winning a championship.
Considering we’ve had exactly 2 coaches to ever win a championship, I’d say that’s a safe bet. Actually, it’s a safe bet for any hire across the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator