Gator Baseball 2024 Baseball Thread; Gators wasting Caglione

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
1st opening night loss in 11 years and only the 2nd time under Sully....hopefully the boys get some solid sack time because they have to be back at it in 9.5 hrs

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ah, the vagueries of the early season, amplified by an unexpected opening game loss with pitching problems by the #2 ranked team. An extra day for all us fans to stew in our juice a while longer, bytch about why we don’t have a better manager, have only won the NC once, etc. Maybe we can appreciate the guys we have, Caglianone et al and the chance for them to gel and reach both their potential and the lofty expectations.

Baseball is a grind and as hard as it can be to stomach, early season losses happen while roster and lineup things are being established and sorted out, especially where the pitching is concerned. And I believe we’ve already got some injury issues to work around. I believe we’ll get there. The bright side with an early loss to a lightly-regarded team is the focus that usually results, particularly important when you’re finding replacements for your departed players, several of whom were very, very key (Langford, Riopelle, Rivera, etc.).

It’s a marathon and not a sprint, but it’s still important to run up front as much as possible along the way. Sit back and relax some if you can and enjoy. It’s just getting started. A big key will be Caglianone’s composure as a starter.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Ah, the vagueries of the early season, amplified by an unexpected opening game loss with pitching problems by the #2 ranked team. An extra day for all us fans to stew in our juice a while longer, bytch about why we don’t have a better manager, have only won the NC once, etc. Maybe we can appreciate the guys we have, Caglianone et al and the chance for them to gel and reach both their potential and the lofty expectations.

Baseball is a grind and as hard as it can be to stomach, early season losses happen while roster and lineup things are being established and sorted out, especially where the pitching is concerned. And I believe we’ve already got some injury issues to work around. I believe we’ll get there. The bright side with an early loss to a lightly-regarded team is the focus that usually results, particularly important when you’re finding replacements for your departed players, several of whom were very, very key (Langford, Riopelle, Rivera, etc.).

It’s a marathon and not a sprint, but it’s still important to run up front as much as possible along the way. Sit back and relax some if you can and enjoy. It’s just getting started. A big key will be Caglianone’s composure as a starter.

Agreed. You always hate losing but it can help refocus a young team and relieve some of the pressure of high expectations

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't got it...
Fast And Furious Reverse Psychology GIF by The Fast Saga

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I didn't get to see it last night. Is this a fluke, or is the starting staff bad?

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Liam Peterson looked the part tonight, 3 innings 1 hit 7K's. Solid start, looked devastating but UNF isn't the SEC. The offensive surprise in G1 and 2 has been Dale Thomas, tough kid.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Going with Jr to tonight’s game. I’m looking forward to seeing the new stadium as last time I went to a game it was at McKethan.

Jr is pretty convinced we will “run-rule” them again tonight so we figure on doing dinner after instead of before.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So the Gators put up a 10 spot in the 1st inning against an over matched Columbia team, but it is now 10-6 in the 7th inning. Not to disappoint any of us, Old Folks Country Sausage enters in the 7th up 10-4 and a runner on base and after 3 batters of a Double, a strikeout and another Double, Sausage departs with the game at 10-6. Someone needs to inform Sausage that in this case 1 out of 3 is not good. Having to watch Jameson out of the bullpen followed by Old Folks Country Sausage again this year is just painful. Put the freshmen in there because at least we have no idea what to expect. With Jameson and Sausage it is a given.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
So the Gators put up a 10 spot in the 1st inning against an over matched Columbia team, but it is now 10-6 in the 7th inning. Not to disappoint any of us, Old Folks Country Sausage enters in the 7th up 10-4 and a runner on base and after 3 batters of a Double, a strikeout and another Double, Sausage departs with the game at 10-6. Someone needs to inform Sausage that in this case 1 out of 3 is not good. Having to watch Jameson out of the bullpen followed by Old Folks Country Sausage again this year is just painful. Put the freshmen in there because at least we have no idea what to expect. With Jameson and Sausage it is a given.
liked Whitmer. challenged with a great FB followed with the slider. I must say I am impressed with the new arms. Sausage is moving out of the rotation and the Fish is nibbling at the hook. Looking forward to seeing Peterson and then Cags (the best Sunday starter in college) with Neely ready to pitch both days. Run ruling them is very possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator