Gator Baseball 2024 Baseball Thread; Gators wasting Caglione

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Those 3 innings by that St. Mary's reliever is closer type stuff tonight. 6 K's in a row..

Neely back out there. Have to think looking for some better control before ATM comes to town.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well Neely surrenders a 2 run HR in the top of the 10th. Just horrendous tonight. No other word to describe Neely tonight.

Neely out Jameson in.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's funny, the announcer just said we certainly score enough but our pitching just can't figure it out this year. What game is he even watching?

:lol2:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Season is shaping up like 2021 with Mace, Leftwich et al. Leftwich was so bad they made him the closer where he was okay but the entire season the pitching was like a Chinese Fire Drill that ultimately ended with them going 2 and Q the first weekend of the NCAA tourney at home to USF and South Bama.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators win 12-11. Shelton 3 run homer to end. it Credit to the guys for battling but the pitching problems are much more of a concern than getting the win, IMO.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
FYI Game time change tomorrow, Saturday. 1PM start.

And should get a chance to see the rest of the bullpen tomorrow. And in this case I am okay with it. We need to find some guys.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Those 3 innings by that St. Mary's reliever is closer type stuff tonight. 6 K's in a row..

Neely back out there. Have to think looking for some better control before ATM comes to town.
Gators win 12-11. Shelton 3 run homer to end. it Credit to the guys for battling but the pitching problems are much more of a concern than getting the win, IMO.
Yeah with neither Fisher or Neely pitching to the standard of last season it does not bode well for success against top tier teams. When you go into a weekend without confidence you can get the other team out you are going to struggle. I really don't know what Sully is going to do as their is no farm club or trades once the season is underway. We have what we have and they must improve or we are looking at no better than a .500 record in SEC play.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Yeah with neither Fisher or Neely pitching to the standard of last season it does not bode well for success against top tier teams. When you go into a weekend without confidence you can get the other team out you are going to struggle. I really don't know what Sully is going to do as their is no farm club or trades once the season is underway. We have what we have and they must improve or we are looking at no better than a .500 record in SEC play.
Agree. Remember .500 in SEC play is an automatic tourney bid or always has been. I think I would sign up for that right now.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
When I watch them, what I've seen so far doesn't say ranked team to me quite honestly. SEC play is going to be rough, and that big mental advantage we have over fsu may disappear quickly. They look way better than we do.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Peterson gives up leadoff single but gets out of it. His offspeed stuff looks good and even if not for strikes it is at least in the same zip code, unlike Neely last night. St. Marys hitters are pretty good and disciplined.

Got your wish Joe, sort of. Albert starting today but not at SS, but at 3B for Thomas. will see how comfy he appears over there. Interestingly St Marys is starting a Lefty, and Thomas is still out today. Thomas could easily hit a wind aided HR today if he got one into the air. The wind is howling out to left.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
1-0 Gators after one inning. RBI single by by Evens. Allbert grounds out with bases loaded to end the inning. Put it in play but wondering if Thomas could have launched one or graced us with another strikeout against the lefty. We will never know

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Back to back walks by Peterson to start the 2nd inning. WTF????? As close as his offspeed stuff was near in the 1st inning, the 2nd inning is completely opposite

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Nice job by Peterson giving up nothing with runners on 2nd and 3rd and no outs. Well done, but highly recommend scaling back on walking the first two hitters in an inning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator