Recruiting 2024 Early Signing Day Thread

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Nudes pics of the cheerleaders? Thinking outside the box.

Boy Would I GIF

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ox is right, you guys need to get laid and stop circle-jerking each other. But carry on if it makes you happy.
If we were in a circle jerk there wouldn’t be a need to get laid now, would there be? You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball North Texas

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I get it. I'm just as frustrated with the current outcomes both on the field and off. More pissed off than frustrated

But, this place is constant doom and gloom. A lot of guys are negative about everything, even when something positive happens. On ESD, we should be celebrating these kids that choose to come to UF. But, some guys just bitch, moan, groan and bash constantly just to do it. Just not for me.

We all should feel positive about the direction with these kids signing. Is CBN living up to his hype/promises? Absolutely not. Can things be a lot better concerning this program? Absol****inglutely. I honestly think we could be at the top and those same people would be negative. These are the same ones that will get on SM and attack our current players, recruits and staff. Then complain and wonder why so and so entered the portal, decommitted, signed elsewhere and left.

Just my .02.
here we go again.... :rolleyes3:

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I saw a pretty interesting comparison between our classes on TOS. It was between us, FSU, and Miami. FSU and Miami are rated higher than us right now, but I’m not sure I would trade classes with either of them. FSU and Miami have more recruits than us.

Miami is ranked 4th and has 30 recruits. Which is the reason why they are ranked so high. Our max size for this class is probably around 22 or 23. We were never going to bring in 30. And part of that 22 or 23 needs to be portal kids. Because we need help this year. I think we’re pretty solid on depth for future classes. But we need help on the field right now.

When looking at position by position, they have Miami ranked above us at two positions. And FSU at DB. Obviously, Miami is better on the DL since we lost Waller, Amir, and Nasir. They’re also better at WR.

As much as people want to compare us to Georgia, Bama, Ohio State, etc., it’s just not the same. We’re not nearly on their levels.

We need to first beat back the Florida schools and try to regain Florida. And I think we took a pretty big step toward that.

2025 does not look great right now. We need to win on the field. Then 2025 will take care of itself.
I see the small class size as a big part of the problem.

Put it this way: it's completely rational to look at our roster and say we shouldn't expect to be in the playoffs. At the same time, it's ludicrous to look at our roster and say we shouldn't beat South Carolina, Kentucky and Arkansas (but some around here do anyway).

Regardless, if you're in the camp that thinks we need to upgrade the roster to compete at the level we want, then you should be questioning why we aren't processing more guys out to make room for a bigger class. And even more so if you are one of the few (possibly with mild downs) that thinks Arkansas has a better roster.

Just look at Georgia. They signed 28. They have a great roster, but they process out a bunch every year so they can bring more in and try them out. I think someone said Billy has signed 55 in three classes. That's two classes for shart.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I see the small class size as a big part of the problem.

Put it this way: it's completely rational to look at our roster and say we shouldn't expect to be in the playoffs. At the same time, it's ludicrous to look at our roster and say we shouldn't beat South Carolina, Kentucky and Arkansas (but some around here do anyway).

Regardless, if you're in the camp that thinks we need to upgrade the roster to compete at the level we want, then you should be questioning why we aren't processing more guys out to make room for a bigger class. And even more so if you are one of the few (possibly with mild downs) that thinks Arkansas has a better roster.

Just look at Georgia. They signed 28. They have a great roster, but they process out a bunch every year so they can bring more in and try them out. I think someone said Billy has signed 55 in three classes. That's two classes for shart.
I think that they’re apples and oranges. Georgia doesn’t need transfer portal kids. They just need kids recruited from high school ranks that they develop and create into starters over time. We need talent infusion now. I don’t think waiting for three years for an OL to develop is going to sit well with the fanbase.

Georgia doesn’t need seven or eight kids from the portal.

You see the same thing happening with Ole Miss. They’re focusing on portal. You saw the same thing with FSU. They focused on portal. This is their first decent year in recruiting because they had to fix the on-field problems first.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The guy says he’s pissed off about the play on the field . Then in the next paragraph states that the program is headed in a positive direction lol.
no matter how bad the coaches are, the crooting is, the playcalling, game management, offseason efforts, etc, for some its just "the fans are the reason" and that's it. self fullfilling for them b/c the worse all those things get, the more frustrated and vocal the fans become. perfect scapegoat for fans with the iq of a potato.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Then complain and wonder why so and so entered the portal, decommitted, signed elsewhere and left.

Just my .02.

We can speculate and wonder the reasons for those portal entries, decommits signed elsewhere players. Or we can listen to their words directly from their mouths.

ETN, it was reported by multiple outlets, wanted to win and didn’t want to spend his last year in college as he had the past two. Amaris Williams talked specifically about UF not winning and not developing players. Princely and others(reportedly) felt they were not being coached well. Smith said he’d consider a Florida school if they were winning and the offense looked good. And McClellelan was immediately vocal on Twitter about his DL coach being dismissed. These aren’t wild speculations or theories. These are comments and actions by players, current or otherwise, that lead directly to the staff. Literally not one mention of fans or anything they’ve seen or heard from them.

I can agree with your point about the constant negativity. It probably does go over the top at times, and I may be chief on that list. But that does not mean that the fans are creating the negativity. They are simply responding to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.