2024 NCAA Tournament Thread

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They really pushing this back to back champs UCONN, they are blowing teams out like never seen before in any NCAAT. All the talk on the radio is how they will be the first team since us in 2007 to win back to back titles and they could be the greatest ever. No mention of us being the only team with all 5 starters, though, they aren't caring about that at all. Looks like our streak comes to an end this season. UCONN Just killing teams and no one to stop them.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
then they will never be as great as our repeat champs.

Except that they are in the backyard of ESPN so they will immediately become the greatest team in the history of college basketball and the debate on their talk shows will discuss how well they would do against an NBA schedule.

We live in the days of overwhelming hype and delusional thinking that passes for insight. Think Stephen A Smith and you will see what I mean.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Except that they are in the backyard of ESPN so they will immediately become the greatest team in the history of college basketball and the debate on their talk shows will discuss how well they would do against an NBA schedule.

We live in the days of overwhelming hype and delusional thinking that passes for insight. Think Stephen A Smith and you will see what I mean.
He was great in An Officer and a Gentleman with Richard Gere.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I've not paid one lick of attention to the tournament. Having our game stolen from us soured me on the tournament this year

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
UConn is really good again and I think they were better last year but you would hardly know it. They are well coached and the reason I enjoy watching them play is that on offense they have more if not the most of any of the good teams of off the ball movement. Sure they have some two man game pick and roll or pick and pop, but watching their movement away from the ball on offense reminds me a lot of how the game used to be played with motion offenses and more set plays.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LOL, Zach Eddy has only had 5 Personal Fouls in the last 4 games.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
LOL, Zach Eddy has only had 5 Personal Fouls in the last 4 games.

It became bloody apparent watching him this weekend - without him, their team ain't sht. Lots of plays is just 'throw it up there and he will go get it' whether it's near the basket or in transition or whatever. I'll give a guy credit for moving and being active at that size, but his game is limited and when he's in foul trouble, or meets someone his own size, he isn't all that....and they don't have much to pick up the slack. Greatly looking forward to him matching up with NC State's big man, DJ Burns (F, not C, so we'll see how much they match up).

Speaking of NC St, how much fun were they having spanking that Duke azz? Now THAT was fun, for them and the fans.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty good tourney, a lot of upsets and unlikely Final 4 outside of UCONN. Looks like UCONN vs Purdue for the title?

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
WTAF is that dirty ass Bama team doing in the final 4
Playing for a spot in the championship game! :dance:

For the record, I had Bama losing the first round game but was pleasantly surprised. I won't be surprised if UCONN sends Bama packing...

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Still kicked your teeth in and Uconn gonna do the same
Yeah, then YOU GUYS lost 102-100 in the first round... :hahaha: But like I said, I will not be surprised if UCONN does to us what they've done to everyone so far... :fistbump:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator