Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I'd rather Auburn get those guys than Bama or UGA, so really it's good for us. In the past few years, UGA has gotten damn near everyone they wanted. While their recruiting is still damn strong, their total monopoly is clearly over. They have nowhere to go but down from here.
I fully agree with this. Just need a few more top 250 offensive guys for us to go with our loaded defensive side of the class.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Possible finishes to the 2024 recruiting class:

O&B Glasses:

Jeremiah Smith (WR)
Jordan Seaton (OT)
Wardell Mack (DB)
Zavier Mincey (DB)
LJ McCray (OLB/SDE)

Glass Half-full (Realistic):

Chance Robinson (WR)
Wardell Mack (DB)
Zavier Mincey (DB)
LJ McCray (OLB/SDE)

The Wheels Fall off:

Zavier Mincey (DB)

247 Final scores:

Scenario 1: 303.40 (#4 Class 2023)
Scenario 2: 292.75 (#4 Class 2023)
Scenario 3: 282.73 (#8 Class 2023)

Based on projections, the class most likely finishes in the #4-#5 range. Even in a worst case scenario where there are no more additions but the current class stays intact, it should end in the top 10.

The highest 247 score for UF in the last decade was Muschamp's 2013 class with a score of 291.89. Either of the first 2 scenarios would surpass that, giving the Gators the highest ranked class of the last decade.
Since the “O&B glasses” category seems overly optimistic, you could probably add DT David Stone’s name. I don’t think we’ll get him, but we’re in his final group.
Auburn quietly putting together a solid class. 12 four stars out of 14 commits(rivals). Their two most recent commits flipped from bama. Last cycle bama's class had only 2 three stars. This cycle, already 5 and just over half full. Unless bama pulls off some miracles, this could be a relatively humbling class.

Interestingly, bama and aubrin have the same number of commits and auburn's average(rivals) is higher than bama's but they are two spots lower.
You’ve discounted the inevitable reclassification of Bama’s 3*s to 4*s as we get closer to NSD

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I'd rather Auburn get those guys than Bama or UGA, so really it's good for us. In the past few years, UGA has gotten damn near everyone they wanted. While their recruiting is still damn strong, their total monopoly is clearly over. They have nowhere to go but down from here.
Someone gets it.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
Auburn quietly putting together a solid class. 12 four stars out of 14 commits(rivals). Their two most recent commits flipped from bama. Last cycle bama's class had only 2 three stars. This cycle, already 5 and just over half full. Unless bama pulls off some miracles, this could be a relatively humbling class.

Interestingly, bama and aubrin have the same number of commits and auburn's average(rivals) is higher than bama's but they are two spots lower.
Because hugh freeze is elite as both a coach and recruiter . I wanted him as our coach before. I am glad auburn got him because he will weaken Alabama, Georgia and lsu. The man beat Alabama twice at Ole miss of all places. Now he is at auburn. He will win a national title there imo.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Because hugh freeze is elite as both a coach and recruiter . I wanted him as our coach before. I am glad auburn got him because he will weaken Alabama, Georgia and lsu. The man beat Alabama twice at Ole miss of all places. Now he is at auburn. He will win a national title there imo.
Yep, he was a hit on the recruiting trail. Hookers, blow, and gas mask bongs. Once he brings those out, he'll land a top 3 class.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Noles just picked up their third five star recruit in a head to head with UGA. Right behind us at 4th on 247.

The heat is on. Billy needs to do some closing.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Noles just picked up their third five star recruit in a head to head with UGA. Right behind us at 4th on 247.

The heat is on. Billy needs to do some closing.

Yeah, looks like I may have been wrong in which of the big three gets left out. No way all of us sustain things and are good at the same time. But I really thought um and Cristobal would be the other one, with cornrows being left out. This is not a bad class for them.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, looks like I may have been wrong in which of the big three gets left out. No way all of us sustain things and are good at the same time. But I really thought um and Cristobal would be the other one, with cornrows being left out. This is not a bad class for them.
Looks to be more heavy on skill players and lacking in the trenches

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Looks to be more heavy on skill players and lacking in the trenches
Took the words right out of my mouth. With 22 commits they have 4 OLs with only one over 300 lbs (and he’s currently unrated). On the defensive side they have one guy just under 300 (a 3*) and another at 240 - 6’6” & 240 no less, but at least he’s a blue chipper. It certainly is a class with some stars though.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Took the words right out of my mouth. With 22 commits they have 4 OLs with only one over 300 lbs (and he’s currently unrated). On the defensive side they have one guy just under 300 (a 3*) and another at 240 - 6’6” & 240 no less, but at least he’s a blue chipper. It certainly is a class with some stars though.
Yes, it follows the “Mullen Model”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator