Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He and Baugh are both big targets. Some people like Lacy better. Some Baugh.
Baugh is unique is what he can do as a receiver. He isn't anywhere near the runner Lacy is. The issue is Napier. Do we think he is the type of creative offensive mind who will make use of Baugh's unique talents. If not, we should go after the more traditional RB.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Baugh is unique is what he can do as a receiver. He isn't anywhere near the runner Lacy is. The issue is Napier. Do we think he is the type of creative offensive mind who will make use of Baugh's unique talents. If not, we should go after the more traditional RB.
On just one play and only one play that let's say is not victory formation, I want to see #2 and #7 on either side of Fred Mertz at the snap. No not one of them in the slot or out wide, I want to see if Sling Blade has a single play in his very thin offensive playbook that has 2 legit RB threats in the backfield at the same time in the way the game of football is played today.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
On just one play and only one play that let's say is not victory formation, I want to see #2 and #7 on either side of Fred Mertz at the snap. No not one of them in the slot or out wide, I want to see if Sling Blade has a single play in his very thin offensive playbook that has 2 legit RB threats in the backfield at the same time in the way the game of football is played today.
Fred Metz. Lol

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Billy Napier really needs to hit a home run with his pick for OC. As I've said until my face turned orange & blue, in today's game I think you need a dynamic passing attack to attract top tier offensive talent. (Also think we should play a lot of tempo, so there are more touches to distribute to the talent, keep them happy & engaged. That's not recruiting per se, but retention & recruiting are linked.)

Lagway looks like the real deal. His stats are crazy. But he's gonna want to work with coaches who can help him improve and demonstrate his skills.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Billy Napier really needs to hit a home run with his pick for OC. As I've said until my face turned orange & blue, in today's game I think you need a dynamic passing attack to attract top tier offensive talent. (Also think we should play a lot of tempo, so there are more touches to distribute to the talent, keep them happy & engaged. That's not recruiting per se, but retention & recruiting are linked.)

Lagway looks like the real deal. His stats are crazy. But he's gonna want to work with coaches who can help him improve and demonstrate his skills.
I would make both Kendal Briles and Scott Frost say no before looking any further.

Heck, he could hire Frost right now as an analyst, get some input for the rest of this season, and dry him out (like Sarkisian at Bama) and make him OC/QB coach next year.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I would make both Kendal Briles and Scott Frost say no before looking any further.

Heck, he could hire Frost right now as an analyst, get some input for the rest of this season, and dry him out (like Sarkisian at Bama) and make him OC/QB coach next year.
Yeah because he had Nebraska operating at such a high level it sounds exciting.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

Hocus Pocus Halloween GIF by Walt Disney Studios

ted

Aug 24, 2019

Whoever BN picks will be ridiculed mercilessly as a “sling blade special” because of the unnatural hate that exists in the fan base for Napier. It doesn’t matter what the name or the resume, power 5 or group of 5, SEC or Big 10, it will deemed a horrible pick before the new OC calls his first play.

OBG

Lifetime Member
Nov 14, 2017
Yeah because he had Nebraska operating at such a high level it sounds exciting.
UCF fans want him back thinking they'd be better with him than Gus. Those freaking clowns don't realize they actually have to play P5 teams every week now.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Whoever BN picks will be ridiculed mercilessly as a “sling blade special” because of the unnatural hate that exists in the fan base for Napier. It doesn’t matter what the name or the resume, power 5 or group of 5, SEC or Big 10, it will deemed a horrible pick before the new OC calls his first play.
Bullsvit. We need a real OC and everyone knows it. I dont hate Billy and I can see from afar that he needs to hire someone. How about a real OC?

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Bullsvit. We need a real OC and everyone knows it. I dont hate Billy and I can see from afar that he needs to hire someone. How about a real OC?
Agreed , he needs to hire an aggressive OC who can coach, call plays and recruit. My point is that whoever he hires will be widely panned, criticized, and ridiculed because Napier is making the hire. A majority of the fan base has a strong dislike for Billy and people are saying he needs to win 9 games next year to keep his job. The Gators have the toughest schedule in the country next year and play 11 power 5 teams out 12 games. Only a small handful of programs would win 9 games with that schedule, much less a Florida team in the middle of a massive rebuild and what we hope is multiple new coaches on staff for 2024.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Agreed , he needs to hire an aggressive OC who can coach, call plays and recruit. My point is that whoever he hires will be widely panned, criticized, and ridiculed because Napier is making the hire. A majority of the fan base has a strong dislike for Billy and people are saying he needs to win 9 games next year to keep his job. The Gators have the toughest schedule in the country next year and play 11 power 5 teams out 12 games. Only a small handful of programs would win 9 games with that schedule, much less a Florida team in the middle of a massive rebuild and what we hope is multiple new coaches on staff for 2024.
We are NOT in the middle of a MASSIVE rebuild.
This is the Portal era. It doesn't take three full recruiting classes to turn a roster.
Hell, Year two, regardless of what kind of roster a coach is left with, is the big turnaround year. At least, year two was the barometer around here before.
What we have in year two, is Dog shiiit.

We aren't even mediocre. We are a BAD football team. In year two.
Good football teams with competent head coaches make great strides in year two and don't lay eggs at Kentucky and Jacksonville.
Not only are we not improved in year two, we are regressing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator