Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I've lost 90% of the faith. Most others have lost 100%. It's the only difference.

Napier has nothing to lose by throwing Lagway out there early. Maybe we'll catch lighting in a bottle with him and surprise some people. We know what we're getting with Mertz, and the ceiling is damn low.

I agree. But the old you would’ve laughed at that joke. It was well crafted, excellent timing and the delivery was near perfect. Now, I picture you seeing the quote, slightly chuckling(if that), and hitting reply as you roll back under the covers. I’m worried.

1704144897523.gif

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I've lost 90% of the faith. Most others have lost 100%. It's the only difference.

Napier has nothing to lose by throwing Lagway out there early. Maybe we'll catch lighting in a bottle with him and surprise some people. We know what we're getting with Mertz, and the ceiling is damn low.
Are you saying Lagway could be a more effective sideline passer? Could be. Love how the staff recruited a RB with passes to RB stats.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Are you saying Lagway could be a more effective sideline passer? Could be. Love how the staff recruited a RB with passes to RB stats.
I know it's impossible to believe for those that are currently blinded by hate, but maybe, just maybe, the play calling will be altered if we have a better QB running the offense. Mertz has enormous limitations throwing the ball and can't run a lick. Lagway is a completely different animal.

For those saying Billy won't play him, he's going to have to give him what he wants to some degree or he'll just up and transfer. It's just the way things are now.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I know it's impossible to believe for those that are currently blinded by hate, but maybe, just maybe, the play calling will be altered if we have a better QB running the offense. Mertz has enormous limitations throwing the ball and can't run a lick. Lagway is a completely different animal.
Agree Mertz has limitations. Have little faith that Simple can change his playbook.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
For those saying Billy won't play him, he's going to have to give him what he wants to some degree or he'll just up and transfer. It's just the way things are now.
Its unfortunate but true. Im guessing him and Billy have had this conversation several times. Its a wait and see situation I guess.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Im not concerned about the offensive side of the ball. Its a consistently putrid defense that prevents us from improving. Even a sun belt level D would have netted us two more wins, if not three. I don't see that side of the ball improving at all.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

For sure a better Athlete/Player would make it better. I agree and think there is absolutely a plan that he will play. As you say that's the way it is now.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Im not concerned about the offensive side of the ball.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Napier has to have had extensive conversations about the offense to Lagway (that Lagway approved of) or he never would come here. If he reneges, Lagway will bolt.

Honestly, Lagway is the only chance Billy has left. He's our only hope. I desperately want to see him playing as much as possible this upcoming season.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Napier has to have had extensive conversations about the offense to Lagway (that Lagway approved of) or he never would come here. If he reneges, Lagway will bolt.

Honestly, Lagway is the only chance Billy has left. He's our only hope. I desperately want to see him playing as much as possible this upcoming season.
Help us Obi Wan Lagway, you're our only hope.
200.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
A QB changes everything. Lagway looking promising next year helps recruiting, helps the portal, blahblahblah. After the hole he's dug, Napier can't afford to throw a mediocre Mertz out there and let us lose every damn close game again. Billy has to know he doesn't have unlimited time.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
A QB changes everything. Lagway looking promising next year helps recruiting, helps the portal, blahblahblah. After the hole he's dug, Napier can't afford to throw a mediocre Mertz out there and let us lose every damn close game again. Billy has to know he doesn't have unlimited time.
Lagway won't pay unless Mertz gets hurt.
Unless we get some serious help on the O line between now and the fall, the QB position is going to struggle.
Throwing a true Freshman in there against a great d line like Samford has, would be a horrible thing to do to a true Freshman.
We can't ruin his one season here, before he skips town for the big bucks.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Lagway won't pay unless Mertz gets hurt.
Unless we get some serious help on the O line between now and the fall, the QB position is going to struggle.
Throwing a true Freshman in there against a great d line like Samford has, would be a horrible thing to do to a true Freshman.
We can't ruin his one season here, before he skips town for the big bucks.
If we start Mertz all year, we may go winless. There's zero question in my mind Lagway will at least have some packages right away. People like you thinking he's going to be stashed on the bench his entire freshman year are on drugs. Napier knows he'll get fired if we don't at least get a look at the guy, or at the very least he'll transfer.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
If we start Mertz all year, we may go winless. There's zero question in my mind Lagway will at least have some packages right away. People like you thinking he's going to be stashed on the bench his entire freshman year are on drugs. Napier knows he'll get fired if we don't at least get a look at the guy, or at the very least he'll transfer.
I don't think Billy has any intentions of playing a raw true freshman at any position, much less QB.
Also think Billy could give a rats azz about wins and losses next year. He has shown absolutely no regard to our record so far, why would he change next year?
Billy cares about the "process" as much as Muschamp cared about the Fn Midline.

Guarantee you he is preaching the process right now, every day, and preaching how close we are to achieving .......something, God knows what ??
What does a team achieve once the process has been fulfilled?

I see Billy as stubborn as Mullen, when it comes to the best players, and the upperclassmen between the best and the field.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Billy has any intentions of playing a raw true freshman at any position, much less QB.
You do realize we played A LOT of true freshmen this season right?

You can say he'll misuse them or waste them, but he's definitely not shy about using freshmen

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Mertz will start and we will lose. Lagway may get some PT but it won’t matter and we’ll be sub 500 again. The question at that point becomes what does strick do? Give Napier a 4th year or cut bait? It’s hard to predict.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
You do realize we played A LOT of true freshmen this season right?

You can say he'll misuse them or waste them, but he's definitely not shy about using freshmen
Of course he did, He had no choice though. The roster is dominated with Freshmen and Sophs. Numbers game.
We've had so many defections, the roster may be as young next year as well. Only, Not at QB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.