Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Of course he did, He had no choice though. The roster is dominated with Freshmen and Sophs. Numbers game.
We've had so many defections, the roster may be as young next year as well. Only, Not at QB.
To be clear, you're stating Lagway will get ZERO playing time next year?

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
To be clear, you're stating Lagway will get ZERO playing time next year?
I'm saying, I don't EXPECT him to play next year unless it's a few meaningless snaps if we happen to be up by 3 TDs in the last 3 minutes.
I think, unless Mertz gets hurt, Lagway may still qualify for a redshirt when the season is over.
So, he can play a little, but nothing meaningful.
Nothing close to Tebow's Freshman season.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm saying, I don't EXPECT him to play next year unless it's a few meaningless snaps if we happen to be up by 3 TDs in the last 3 minutes.
I think, unless Mertz gets hurt, Lagway may still qualify for a redshirt when the season is over.
So, he can play a little, but nothing meaningful.
Nothing close to Tebow's Freshman season.
I think he'll play quite a bit...may even have packages in every game. He ain't redshirting

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Billy has any intentions of playing a raw true freshman at any position, much less QB.
Also think Billy could give a rats azz about wins and losses next year. He has shown absolutely no regard to our record so far, why would he change next year?
Billy cares about the "process" as much as Muschamp cared about the Fn Midline.

Guarantee you he is preaching the process right now, every day, and preaching how close we are to achieving .......something, God knows what ??
What does a team achieve once the process has been fulfilled?

I see Billy as stubborn as Mullen, when it comes to the best players, and the upperclassmen between the best and the field.
I think Billy knows he doesn't have unlimited time to win at UF.

If he doesn't play Lagway next season, Lagway is gone. And likely Billy along with him.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You really think Billy has that in him?
A "Special package "?????

Seriously?????

You're delusional.
You literally out here saying freshman will see no playing time, whilst he played 12 true freshman this year but yea, I'm delusional

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You really think Billy has that in him?
A "Special package "?????

Seriously?????

You're delusional.
You're so eaten up with hate having any kind of discussion with you about Gator football is pointless. Go punch a wall or something.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe not so much at the QB position. He completely trusts Mertz
Either Billy will make the necessary adjustments and start playing athletes that can actually win games or he's fired. If he's hellbent on Mertz, then I'll join @Durty South Swamp that we're winning 2 to 4 games. Mertz is a nice guy, plays hard.....mediocre (at best) quarterback. And he's not even going to have Pearsall to bail out his fluttering passes next year.

I think Lagway is going to beat his ass out in the offseason.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Either Billy will make the necessary adjustments and start playing athletes that can actually win games or he's fired. If he's hellbent on Mertz, then I'll join @Durty South Swamp that we're winning 2 to 4 games. Mertz is a nice guy, plays hard.....mediocre (at best) quarterback. And he's not even going to have Pearsall to bail out his fluttering passes next year.

I think Lagway is going to beat his ass out in the offseason.
I hope your right. We dont need Lagway "learning" from Mertz all season but I have my doubts.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
You literally out here saying freshman will see no playing time, whilst he played 12 true freshman this year but yea, I'm delusional
Well, the CONTEXT was the QB position. But yeah, I was saying exactly that.
Most of the Freshmen that played were backups or in positions, Like safety, edge rush or Wideout, where we have little quality depth. Treyaun barely played, K Harris was all we had, for example.
Slight difference in playing a true freshman as depth at positions that are thin and trusting a true freshman at QB , Or RB for that matter.
I don't think Treyaun can redshirt though. He played in 6 games I believe.....

So, I'll say I was wrong about Billly playing True freshmen only because, we had either a depth problem or a huge talent disparity at several positions, we did indeed play 11 True Freshmen last year.

Do tell about Billy the mastermind and his "special package" for Lagway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.