Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
That’s not necessarily true. We’re for sure in it with quite a few 5*s. I wouldn’t say that we’re the favorite. But we’re definitely one of the top schools for the following:

Dylan Stewart
Kobe Black
Micah Hudson
Collin Simmons
Jamonta Waller

Obviously Jeremiah Smith has committed to OSU but he did just come down and spend time with DJ.
But at best we’d get two or three. Most of the OLs & DL’s we have a good shot with, while still 4*’s are in the lower range. I’m not trying to quibble here; this is more than likely going to be the best class we’ve seen in 10 years or so, but I’d be willing to bet we won’t maintain that average. Are you willing to bet we will?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
But at best we’d get two or three. Most of the OLs & DL’s we have a good shot with, while still 4*’s are in the lower range. I’m not trying to quibble here; this is more than likely going to be the best class we’ve seen in 10 years or so, but I’d be willing to bet we won’t maintain that average. Are you willing to bet we will?
Shyt man, it's too early for even me to start worring. Check back in in August. Let's pull in four more top 100's and we'll be okay. Five or Six and we can party.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Glad staff isn’t throwing out and accepting offers from lower ranked 3 stars as did last regime but I wonder why our commit numbers are low. But then there’s Miami, dead in the water, and Bama, who will get there, but not going ugly early.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Glad staff isn’t throwing out and accepting offers from lower ranked 3 stars as did last regime but I wonder why our commit numbers are low. But then there’s Miami, dead in the water, and Bama, who will get there, but not going ugly early.
It's a good question, but we have quite a few official visitors coming next month. If the class hasn't added some guys after that it might be a bit concerning. There are definitely some three stars who have offers, but me thinks in many cases they aren't committable offers as of yet. Also bear in mind that probably 2/3 of the top 250 players haven't committed anywhere yet. I don't pay enough attention to it to say how many of those guys we have a real shot with, but I am confident it's not panic time or anywhere near it yet.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
It's a good question, but we have quite a few official visitors coming next month. If the class hasn't added some guys after that it might be a bit concerning. There are definitely some three stars who have offers, but me thinks in many cases they aren't committable offers as of yet. Also bear in mind that probably 2/3 of the top 250 players haven't committed anywhere yet. I don't pay enough attention to it to say how many of those guys we have a real shot with, but I am confident it's not panic time or anywhere near it yet.
Agreed. Not panic time. Would love to see a quasi elite OT and DL commit.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Noticed we have recently extended offers to several out of state OL, and by out of state I mean not in the Southeast. Anyone know if we are garnering limited interest from in state OL and are widening our search because of that?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, I’m not saying that. I was referring more to you saying that we’re not in it for some top uncommitted five star prospects. I’m saying that’s not true.

Yes – I do expect the average to drop a bit. But not drastically. If I was to take a guess, I’d say we’re top 3 in player average and top 5 in class ranking by EOY.

EOY rankings probably:

Georgia
Alabama
OSU
Clemson
UF

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No, I’m not saying that. I was referring more to you saying that we’re not in it for some top uncommitted five star prospects. I’m saying that’s not true.

Yes – I do expect the average to drop a bit. But not drastically. If I was to take a guess, I’d say we’re top 3 in player average and top 5 in class ranking by EOY.

EOY rankings probably:

Georgia
Alabama
OSU
Clemson
UF
If this happens you won't hear any crootin griping from me. But I've been told we'd be top 5 next year for about 15 years straight and I'm still waiting.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Grapevine has been that Miami NIL is a disaster.

Also, UF has been very quiet about their prospects. Both in the portal and on the trail. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that Miami waits for Florida to evaluate and then pounces on the players with NIL opportunities. So UF in return, has been very tightlipped.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If this happens you won't hear any crootin griping from me. But I've been told we'd be top 5 next year for about 15 years straight and I'm still waiting.
I expected Mullen recruiting to be better.

But I talked to some high school recruits. They said that both Mullen and MacElwain coaches were goofy as hell. Nothing like the staffs of the other big schools.

So forgetting for a moment that we did not invest money or structure into the recruiting process, just the personalities of the coaches were cringe.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Also, UF has been very quiet about their prospects. Both in the portal and on the trail. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that Miami waits for Florida to evaluate and then pounces on the players with NIL opportunities. So UF in return, has been very tightlipped.

@alcoholica mentioned that elsewhere as well. Whether or not there’s any credence to that being the reason for the quiet, there’s no denying that every time we showed interest in someone last year Ruiz immediately went after them. It was comical and embarrassing. I hope that is the reason and the staff learned a lesson.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@alcoholica mentioned that elsewhere as well. Whether or not there’s any credence to that being the reason for the quiet, there’s no denying that every time we showed interest in someone last year Ruiz immediately went after them. It was comical and embarrassing. I hope that is the reason and the staff learned a lesson.
Yeah. I think it’s the truth. It’s literally been said by multiple insiders on multiple media outlets.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I expected Mullen recruiting to be better.

But I talked to some high school recruits. They said that both Mullen and MacElwain coaches were goofy as hell. Nothing like the staffs of the other big schools.

So forgetting for a moment that we did not invest money or structure into the recruiting process, just the personalities of the coaches were cringe.
Imagine Foley and strick meeting mactard and dildo Dan and both thinking, "yep, this is my guy!"

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Imagine Foley and strick meeting mactard and dildo Dan and both thinking, "yep, this is my guy!"
Didn’t know who Mac was till Cowturd swooned over him for 20 min.
I’ll say one thing tho, that goofy shark humping bastard did bring in some gems in recruiting. Had Grier not popped, who knows where we’d be. Possibly go from Grier to Trask instead of the Franks/Jones disaster

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Good for staff if that's the case. I would think scUM's NIL lost all credibility.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
And Foley to smullenz, "Look, if you don't pull any death threat accusations by year 3, I'll get you a ridiculous contract extension just because... we rich".

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
And Foley to smullenz, "Look, if you don't pull any death threat accusations by year 3, I'll get you a ridiculous contract extension just because... we rich".
Contract extensions followed within 6 months by a termination and full buyout payment are my favorite.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Contract extensions followed within 6 months by a termination and full buyout payment are my favorite.
"Dan, I really like the way you are doing things around here. It's working and my finger on the pulse tells me we're moving in the right direction... keep it up and you'll be here a long long time." My recollection is that it was fairly clear that things might be going the wrong way when extension was offered and accepted.

Did Foley bite on the "You know Jer, recruiting would be so so much easier if you made me a ridiculous contract with a buyout that tells the world, 'no way this cat gonna be fired'"? Who the hell knows. Foley blew it.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah. I think it’s the truth. It’s literally been said by multiple insiders on multiple media outlets.
Yes, they were talking about it on Stadium and Gale and Nick was complaining. I don't know if they're handling everything right but I don't blame them for being cautious this round. Some content makers don't like it because they think they're missing out on getting scoop, but I don't give a crap what they think.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Ruiz was their NIL last recruiting season. He said then he was cutting things off until he saw some return on his investment. That kind of spending wasn't sustainable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator