Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I made it to your backyard and peered thru your windows. I could have entered your house with my stealth Ninja skills and finished you off but realized, by & large, you’re a pretty good guy, despite your obvious obliviousness about the subject we batted back & forth. So I let you live.

You’re welcome.

That was you? I just thought it was a random guy snooping. Snagged a pic. Glad no one was hurt.

19064711cb3e2f48f8b8ccc0ca2e39ed.jpg

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Please name year 2 coaches that beat the number 1 team in the nation
So you think the only loss that's a bad loss this year was to Ga?
I never thought we were going to beat Ga.
I do think, its not too much to ask to be competitive in year two with Ga. We weren't even competitive.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Miles ahead of last year.

Mostly inexperienced guys playing. Some of our fan base just sucks ass.
Good lord, How the fuch to you measure "miles ahead"?????
You are right, Some of our fan base sucks azz.
Because they continue to accept mediocrity.
Never expected to beat Ga., this isn't about Ga.
This is how inept, clueless, poorly coached and motivated and mostly, Lack of physicality, the team plays with.

Last edited:

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
We aren't regressing.

Maybe you should step away from Gator football for a while, it's not good for your health.
I think that's the problem Ox.
I have been watching a lot of football other than Gator football.
I see teams play with purpose and physicality every week, with first or second year head coaches. Hell, I see teams that have way lesser talent than us playing solid football for 60 minutes.

Does anyone think I believe we should be undefeated right now ,and ranked in the top ten?

NO!

I think we should probably be in the top 25, sitting at 6-2 at worst. IF Billy is the guy.

AGAIN, I DID NOT THINK WE WERE GOING TO BEAT GA!
I thought we would compete with ga. To think, after two years, our signature wins are Utah and Tennessee and.........Well South Carolina????
The record is the record.
This is the 2nd year of a rebuild, in the portal era.
We're still bumbling and fumbling around struggling to beat mediocre teams with lesser talent. Thats a fact.

Does anyone see any signs of a Championship Caliber Coach in Napier?
He's a great recruiter!!

Sadly, great recruiters still need to develop and coach their fellow coaches and build their rosters.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I don't like being in this position.
I want Billy to succeed.
I hate these coaching searches and debates about this guy or the next guy when in fact, you have no idea how the next guy will turn out at UF.

There is no way I would support firing Billy after this season. No way.
He gets next year to show strides in getting us back to where we are supposed to be.

But, we need to play like a real football team. A well coached team that plays hard and physical with an edge. With Swagger.
We've been over all the O coordinator and special teams stuff so many times there is no reason to bring that up again. We all know there has to be changes in the offseason.

I'm being completely honest here.
The only games in the Napier era, where I felt like we were ready to play, played hard, and had a solid game plan we stuck to the entire game, and won, was 2022 Utah and 2023 Tennessee.
Also, I apologize to the board.
This is the wrong thread for this discussion.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Imagine if you will, a QB that instead of being tapped on the elbow and fumbling at the 8 yard line instead steps up in the pocket and completes a pass over the middle or runs for a first down. We would be looking at a totally different team.

Last edited:

Scared $ Don’t Make $

Jan 17, 2022
We are NOT in the middle of a MASSIVE rebuild.
This is the Portal era. It doesn't take three full recruiting classes to turn a roster.
Hell, Year two, regardless of what kind of roster a coach is left with, is the big turnaround year. At least, year two was the barometer around here before.
What we have in year two, is Dog shiiit.

We aren't even mediocre. We are a BAD football team. In year two.
Good football teams with competent head coaches make great strides in year two and don't lay eggs at Kentucky and Jacksonville.
Not only are we not improved in year two, we are regressing.
You sound like a millennial wanting instant gratification. We’re building a program not a 1 and done school like Kentucky basketball where we get 1 year rentals from the portal. It’s great to have a handful of those guys on our team but we can’t rely on a majority of our roster coming in from the portal.

Our program has been in the dumps for over a decade. Facilities, recruiting, strength and conditioning, character, you name it we had it as an issue. A complete overhaul over the program
as a whole takes 3-5 years to turn things around.

Does Napier have issues he needs to fix? Yeah of course he does but let’s give him more than 365 days to rewrite the ship. In the short period he’s been here look at the guys he’s brought in… Etienne, Ricky, Trey, James, Castell, mertz just to name a few. Napier isn’t stupid he knows where we need to get better and this offseason we will see changes with special teams, OC and OLine coaching.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
You sound like a millennial wanting instant gratification. We’re building a program not a 1 and done school like Kentucky basketball where we get 1 year rentals from the portal. It’s great to have a handful of those guys on our team but we can’t rely on a majority of our roster coming in from the portal.

Our program has been in the dumps for over a decade. Facilities, recruiting, strength and conditioning, character, you name it we had it as an issue. A complete overhaul over the program

Does Napier have issues he needs to fix? Yeah of course he does but let’s give him more than 365 days to rewrite the ship. In the short period he’s been here look at the guys he’s brought in… Etienne, Ricky, Trey, James, Castell, mertz just to name a few. Napier isn’t stupid he knows where we need to get better and this offseason we will see changes with special teams, OC and OLine coaching.
Hey Billy, Welcome to the board sir!

Thats some funny chit right there.
First game I attended was 1982 Fl/ga, and I was 24 years old. I've lived Gator football since then. I've seen good teams, good coaching and the opposite.
I don't give a Fuch what anyone says, there is enough talent on this team to compete with anyone in the country. COMPETE.
Instant gratification.... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I'll tell you this.
If we were within 10 points of Georgia and played well, I could add that game to the list of two others where we have looked well coached and disciplined for 4 quarters. But, we weren't and we looked like a damned Div 2 team.
That would be 2 games in 2 seasons, so far.

No one on this board is screaming for Billy's head, YET.

You seem pretty confident that Naps will make some very needed changes in the offseason. Not sure what makes you believe this?

By the way, there are coaches across the country right now, that are rebuilding their programs in theie first or second years and have managed to look competent against top level talent.
It's not impossible and using the "Talent" card as a defense for getting blown out in the most important rivalry game of the year, is BS.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hey Billy, Welcome to the board sir!

Thats some funny chit right there.
First game I attended was 1982 Fl/ga, and I was 24 years old. I've lived Gator football since then. I've seen good teams, good coaching and the opposite.
I don't give a Fuch what anyone says, there is enough talent on this team to compete with anyone in the country. COMPETE.
Instant gratification.... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I'll tell you this.
If we were within 10 points of Georgia and played well, I could add that game to the list of two others where we have looked well coached and disciplined for 4 quarters. But, we weren't and we looked like a damned Div 2 team.
That would be 2 games in 2 seasons, so far.

No one on this board is screaming for Billy's head, YET.

You seem pretty confident that Naps will make some very needed changes in the offseason. Not sure what makes you believe this?

By the way, there are coaches across the country right now, that are rebuilding their programs in theie first or second years and have managed to look competent against top level talent.
It's not impossible and using the "Talent" card as a defense for getting blown out in the most important rivalry game of the year, is BS.
You got all that from his post? I just want to know how one rewrites a ship!!?!?!?!?!?!!

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
You got all that from his post? I just want to know how one rewrites a ship!!?!?!?!?!?!!
I guess you could but if it did not arrive the first time would it arrive a second time? Nor do I think you can "reright" a ship. I do however believe you can "right" a ship.:dunno:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I guess you could but if it did not arrive the first time would it arrive a second time? Nor do I think you can "reright" a ship. I do however believe you can "right" a ship.:dunno:
Welllll... if you had "righted" the ship once already, i suppose you could "reright" said ship if it subsequently listed again, but I digress... I wouldn't want to derail the thread further and am hoping someone else will rerail it and get us back on track!

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Welllll... if you had "righted" the ship once already, i suppose you could "reright" said ship if it subsequently listed again, but I digress... I wouldn't want to derail the thread further and am hoping someone else will rerail it and get us back on track!
Every time I think I'm out, someone responds, and pulls me back in.....
:lol2:
Say, any comments from our recruits visiting for the Fl ga game Saturday?

(How's that Deet? )

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I wasn’t aware Ali Napier was a member of the board .Thank you for your input Ali . Hope you and the kids are doing well.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Guys c'mon. Scott has already told us...this a 10-15 year project. You can't possibly expect to see any real progress for another 6 years with that timeline. Scott is probably counting on Saban and Kirby to be gone by then anyway.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In their defense, I think the majority of the fans are great fans who are simply over the last 15 years. I also think we naturally romanticize about the past which only adds to the current perception issues. It’s taking a toll, and you can see in their demeanor. Law can’t even post here anymore. Guys like @Gatorbait25 amd @GatorInGeorgia are some of my favorite posters, and last night they got full-blown militant with me when I broke out an excel spreadsheet and Wikipedia. I didn’t sleep a wink, and was thinking about reinforcing my home with foot soldiers like in Godfather, in case they somehow pinged my phone. Again, though, they’ve been great fans throughout this whole disaster. It wasn’t them that made the horrendous hires and status on the course we were set on. So I get it.

I think their gripe about a loss like Uk this year holds water. There’s no real defending it. But I do agree that we are playing worlds better this year across-the-board, even yesterday. The problem isn’t our own “rebuild”. It’s what has been allowed to be created in Tuscaloosa, and now in Athens. It’s no coincidence that the ones here who follow recruiting the closest, are actually some of the most levelheaded after games like yesterday. When you watched this building for eight or more years, you realize just how big a hole we are in in comparison to teams like yesterday. Even the casual recruiting observer notices that every other player on teams like georgia are names that I recognize and wanted in previous classes. The whole thing got away from us and it’s gonna take some time to get it back.
1698691874965.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.