Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I'm hoping we don't go to a bowl.

A much better use of the coaches time would be spending that "practice" time begging/pleading/buying/threatening existing recruits to stay, evaluating and going after replacements and evaluating the Portal and getting $$$ ready to pounce.

A much better use of the players time, instead of more "practicing" $hit that's failed all season, would be to get their a$$es in the weight room and film room.
Agree time will be better spent evaluating the portal for linemen and trying to hold the class together.

Did I read Lagway intends to practice with the team in preparation for our bowl game? I hope he hangs with us either way.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Agree time will be better spent evaluating the portal for linemen and trying to hold the class together.

Did I read Lagway intends to practice with the team in preparation for our bowl game? I hope he hangs with us either way.
If Lagway goes BN is a Deadman walking.

Lagway (if he signs) won't sign until Dec 20th. If we go to a bowl, it will probably be before Christmas. So practicing with the team would be a few days at best.

Lagway would be better served watching film, working in the weight room and scouting female talent. (probably in reverse order)

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I wish Billy had it in him to make enough difficult staff choices then the right hires. Don't believe it will happen. And, TBH, what motivation does he have? He doesn't appear motivated in the first place. And, with a buyout in place, he's set regardless. He really does know how to put the foundation of a program together. No doubt about that. But he cannot staff and coach it.

He’s also putting in a pretty good foundation in his bank account too. Lol

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
articles are pouring in the last 3 days. cbs sports, saturday down south, yahoo sports, hail florida hail, etc.

all of them the same theme. napier is in over his head and 2 losing seasons with embarrassing coaching performances and a crumbling crootin class are unacceptable at florida.

im not making any predictions b/c i still think barring 2 horrific showings in the next 2 weeks (legit probability) he gets thru the first 5-6 games next season, but ive never seen as much negative national press for a guy. not even before mullen and mac got the axe did i see this much stuff trending, but it could be the explosion of internet media the last few years is as much the reason as any other.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Don't count on it.....UCF is going to beat us like a redheaded step child next year....we are currently the 4th best team in the state. Let that sink in....
Hold on. The UCF coach is a great coach and they should be respected. It will be a tough challenge and if we lose, it is because they are great competitors.

CBN...future...very likely

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
This is interesting (didn't know where else to put it)

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
articles are pouring in the last 3 days. cbs sports, saturday down south, yahoo sports, hail florida hail, etc.

all of them the same theme. napier is in over his head and 2 losing seasons with embarrassing coaching performances and a crumbling crootin class are unacceptable at florida.

im not making any predictions b/c i still think barring 2 horrific showings in the next 2 weeks (legit probability) he gets thru the first 5-6 games next season, but ive never seen as much negative national press for a guy. not even before mullen and mac got the axe did i see this much stuff trending, but it could be the explosion of internet media the last few years is as much the reason as any other.
I look for the beat guys. When they turn on the HC, you know he is gone.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I look for the beat guys. When they turn on the HC, you know he is gone.

The local guys, and even Steve Russell tone is softening. At the start of the season, questioning Napier would get him talking down to the caller.. Now, it's more I see your point, and lets see what happens in the offseason.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
I am usually a very positive UF fan,but there is no way, short of catastrophic injuries and multiple turnovers for Mizz and FSU that we win either game. We give up 50 both weeks lose by at least 17. The defense is historically awful and the offense will score between 24-35. Holding out hope that BN has his big boy pants on and fires and replaces as necessary to put a quality product on the field in 2024.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Anyone else have the thought, giving Sandlot the D coordinator job, with little experience, not to mention his age, has caused division on that side of the ball?
Is there even another coach on D that's younger and less experienced?
No one else on staff even got an interview?

Probably grasping at straws, trying to figure out the complete implosion on that side of the ball.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Replacement for this DT is coming from JUCO. The JUCO kid will have 3 years to play.
At least he'll need less time to get adapted to the college game.
FYI - Nasir Johnson plays in single A classification in GA.

Report: JUCO DL Planning to Officially Visit Florida​

A 6-foot-6, 297-pound native of Whitman (Mass.), Alcorn-Crowder joined Butler Community College from the class of 2022 as an unranked prospect from Whitman-Hanson Regional High.

Alcorn-Crowder is considered the No. 8 defensive lineman and No. 23 overall prospect from the junior college level in the recruiting class of 2024, according to the 247Sports composite rankings.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I am usually a very positive UF fan,but there is no way, short of catastrophic injuries and multiple turnovers for Mizz and FSU that we win either game. We give up 50 both weeks lose by at least 17. The defense is historically awful and the offense will score between 24-35. Holding out hope that BN has his big boy pants on and fires and replaces as necessary to put a quality product on the field in 2024.
i dont think we score anywhere close to that. the last few defenses weve seen have been horrifically bad. mizzo and fsu have very good ones. both are better known this year for offense but the defenses are the better part of each team. id be shocked if we get into the 20s against either of them.

Go Gators

Dec 13, 2020
Rumors going around that Jeremiah Smith is about to flip to fsu. That would be a huge kick in the nuts.

We suck while I rivals continue to get better. It’s frustrating.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Finally got some good news.

Hayes has shut down his recruitment. He will not be going to the Miami game this weekend. He is done with all visits.and he has notified the staff that he is locked in.

He should be signing on ESD.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Finally got some good news.

Hayes has shut down his recruitment. He will not be going to the Miami game this weekend. He is done with all visits.and he has notified the staff that he is locked in.

He should be signing on ESD.
It would be nice if the remaining recruits would all follow suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.