Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
24/7 on Izaiah Williams (free)

ON FLORIDA 3-STAR WR IZAIAH WILLIAMS​

Ivins: "He had the fastest 40-yard dash at the Under Armour camp. He was an instant eye-catcher. A lot of Power Five programs forgot about this kid because of the injury (missed junior season). He's committed to Florida. This is the type of receiver that the Gators need to add. He's got the straight-line speed, but he does an excellent job of making the cuts and breaking defensive backs off as he gets up the field.

"He is a dynamic route runner with his lateral quickness. You pair him with what they took in the previous cycle, Eugene Wilson, and the arrow is starting to point up for the Gators' wide receiver room. He is a three-star. There are still some question marks out there. He is around 170 pounds. He is going to have to add some weight and play strength. However, he is certainly a nice pickup for the Gators."

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
24/7 on Izaiah Williams (free)

ON FLORIDA 3-STAR WR IZAIAH WILLIAMS​

Ivins: "He had the fastest 40-yard dash at the Under Armour camp. He was an instant eye-catcher. A lot of Power Five programs forgot about this kid because of the injury (missed junior season). He's committed to Florida. This is the type of receiver that the Gators need to add. He's got the straight-line speed, but he does an excellent job of making the cuts and breaking defensive backs off as he gets up the field.

"He is a dynamic route runner with his lateral quickness. You pair him with what they took in the previous cycle, Eugene Wilson, and the arrow is starting to point up for the Gators' wide receiver room. He is a three-star. There are still some question marks out there. He is around 170 pounds. He is going to have to add some weight and play strength. However, he is certainly a nice pickup for the Gators."
I'm unhappy with his star rating.

:shambles:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm unhappy with his star rating.

:shambles:
Listen To Me GIF by PENNYWORTH

:lol:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The weekend of the 2nd is shaping up to be huge. Have the #1 receiver coming in with Lagway and several others who were in real contention for. We’ll have a few committed player visiting and trying to help pull folks into the class.

Somewhat of a conspiracy theory that we get Smith because he moved his visit to 2-4 to visit with Lagway. Lagway wears #2 and Smith #4. OSU where Smith is committed had the #1 QB who has since been replaced. So lots of reasons to remain optimistic, even tho OSU will remain favored.

IF, we can pull Smith this weekend, you could have a few more pop this weekend. Then we have two more weekends with very good mix of visitors. This all means that if Smith commits, momentum could turn June into a very good month.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The weekend of the 2nd is shaping up to be huge. Have the #1 receiver coming in with Lagway and several others who were in real contention for. We’ll have a few committed player visiting and trying to help pull folks into the class.

Somewhat of a conspiracy theory that we get Smith because he moved his visit to 2-4 to visit with Lagway. Lagway wears #2 and Smith #4. OSU where Smith is committed had the #1 QB who has since been replaced. So lots of reasons to remain optimistic, even tho OSU will remain favored.

IF, we can pull Smith this weekend, you could have a few more pop this weekend. Then we have two more weekends with very good mix of visitors. This all means that if Smith commits, momentum could turn June into a very good month.
This is the talent infusion we need. If Billy can bring them in, things at The Swamp could get fun again.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

If Smith commits it could lead to a big domino effect. If not, well…..

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Smith commits it could lead to a big domino effect. If not, well…..
We’re still in good shape for a top 5 class. Smith would likely get us top 3, with the momentum. I also Williams to end up a mid to high 4*. He was completely forgotten about because of his injury. He’s a great get.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
We’re still in good shape for a top 5 class. Smith would likely get us top 3, with the momentum. I also Williams to end up a mid to high 4*. He was completely forgotten about because of his injury. He’s a great get.
My point was simply that to flip the consensus #2 pick from a school that's been a recruiting machine would be a massive eye opener in the recruiting world and probably cause some other guys, who we might not be in the running for, to give us consideration. I agree that whether we get that guy or not, this will be an outstanding class. BTW - the last top ten consensus recruit we signed was Gervon Dexter; to name the last time we got a top five recruit, you have to go all the way back to Martez Ivey.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
At least, this cycle we edit: NOT should lose to scaMiami.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator