2024 Spring Game - Saturday instead of Thursday

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wait, I thought Thursdays are a chess not checkers situation?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
DJ Lagway will become the starter from this point on!!!
Sidearm freshman isnt starting anytime soon. I love the gunslinging attitude but he has some serious mechanical things going on. Look at how low he drops the ball before throwing too, even when he isnt throwing 3/4 or lower.

Some of you forget all those #1 QBs with funky motions. Let me remind you: Sabelhaus, Olmstead, Berlin, Dipschiff. But primarily Sabelhaus because he was the other sidearm type.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I'm planning to go. The "game" is at 1pm and I've already bought tix for UF vs SC baseball after at 4pm. Heard there's also lacrosse and track n field going on that day. Hoping for good weather and a fun day hanging out in Gainesville.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Sidearm freshman isnt starting anytime soon. I love the gunslinging attitude but he has some serious mechanical things going on. Look at how low he drops the ball before throwing too, even when he isnt throwing 3/4 or lower.

Some of you forget all those #1 QBs with funky motions. Let me remind you: Sabelhaus, Olmstead, Berlin, Dipschiff. But primarily Sabelhaus because he was the other sidearm type.
It will be interesting to see if he gets away with it in college.

It's not just the sidearm throws, more troubling to me, is his habit of leaving his feet when he throws.

Who Knows Idk GIF

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

The Gators will hold the Orange and Blue game scrimmage on April 13, marking a return to a Saturday for the game after the previous two iterations of the contest were played on a Thursday.

DJ Lagway will become the starter from this point on!!!
A Saturday early afternoon game. What a concept.

I may mosey on up.

Season 9 Idk GIF by The Office

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
QB's can get away with terrible mechanics in college, just not in the NFL.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

It's not just the sidearm throws, more troubling to me, is his habit of leaving his feet when he throws.

That is a great point. DW had a crazy mechanic too and he certainly excelled.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
QB's can get away with terrible mechanics in college, just not in the NFL.
Just saw this. Agreed. Not so sure about dropping the ball down though. It slows the release and makes it more likely to get stripped sacked or just punched out.

Fearless gunslinger attitude is a great thing though, if that doesnt get coached out of him, like Butterteeth tried so hard to do with Grier.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Also, when Sablehaus transferred it wasn’t to MIT

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Who Knows Idk GIF
I believe a key with Lagway will be his legs. If he can run effectively, escape the rush, collapsing pocket, without absorbing too many hits, we might have something good. Kinda what we were hoping Richardson would become. Of course this isn’t a unique view, but necessary for a modicum of success, at least initially.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I believe a key with Lagway will be his legs. If he can run effectively, escape the rush, collapsing pocket, without absorbing too many hits, we might have something good. Kinda what we were hoping Richardson would become. Of course this isn’t a unique view, but necessary for a modicum of success, at least initially.
They'll (competition) put a spy on him and make him throw to beat them.

Except Tennessee. They'll let him run and put 9 in coverage. :lol: He'll run for 400.

Last edited:

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I certainly hope that Lagway becomes a superstar. His highlights and stats are very impressive. In interviews he seems very mature, intelligent, assured. (Of course, there are no 320lb defensive linemen charging in during interviews.)

But if true freshman Lagway becomes the starter in 2024, that's not a good thing. If that happens, it's 98% likely because of injury to Mertz, grievously porous OL (again), or desperation by the coaches. (Not mutually exclusive.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator