Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: 5* CB Cormani McClain headed to UF

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
If it occurs it's not gonna come as a big surprise.
In my opinion, outside of Tre Wilson's emergence as a solid WR, I feel ETN was the only positive aspect of our offense this season and gave much hope to next season being a top tier SEC back. So if he does leave, it's just indicative of another failure of Napsack's for not being able to sell ETN on a 3rd season as a Gator to help catapult him to the NFL in 2025. So if you can't re-recruit your best offensive play maker, then WTF can you truly recruit?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
In my opinion, outside of Tre Wilson's emergence as a solid WR, I feel ETN was the only positive aspect of our offense this season and gave much hope to next season being a top tier SEC back. So if he does leave, it's just indicative of another failure of Napsack's for not being able to sell ETN on a 3rd season as a Gator to help catapult him to the NFL in 2025. So if you can't re-recruit your best offensive play maker, then WTF can you truly recruit?
His sales pitch was a house of cards. The cards are flat on the table now for all to see. There's no reselling that. He's done.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I broke the ETN news a few nights ago. Gotta be honest with you, this feels like you’re riding my coattails a little bit.
You broke wind.
fart GIF

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
ETN knows the scuttlebutt, and could deny it at any time. His complete silence on social media is not a good sign.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It’s pretty simple really. According to sources, it’s not about money at all. He wants to win, and sees that as a lost cause under the current regime. Not only is he being misused by not starting, but in many of our losses, he has had big runs that helped us get back in it or even take a lead. Then you have maybe our best overall half of football against the vols, where he did play early and helped get us out to a big lead. So in short, regardless of his decision, this kid is showing that he cares more about seeing UF win than Napier. And the truthfully the latter is actively working against that aim. The moment he leaves, the axe should fall. In fact, as part of the lure to keep him, I promise to fire in Napier tonight, and bring in a competent staff. Then I beg this inbred hick to ask for his buyout and stonewall him after a complete and intentional misuse of funds and resources. I’d be more than happy to help contribute to fund the years of litigation just to send a message.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s pretty simple really. According to sources, it’s not about money at all. He wants to win, and sees that as a lost cause under the current regime. Not only is he being misused by not starting, but in many of our losses, he has had big runs that helped us get back in it or even take a lead. Then you have maybe our best overall half of football against the vols, where he did play early and helped get us out to a big clean. So in short, regardless of his decision, this kid is showing that he cares more about seeing UF win than Napier. and truthfully the latter is actively working against that aim. The moment he leaves, the axe should fall. In fact, as part of the lure to keep him, I promise to fire in Napier tonight, and bring in a competent staff. Then I beg this inbred hick to ask for his buyout and stonewall him after a complete and intentional misuse of funds and resources. I’d be more than happy to help contribute to fund the years of litigation just to send a message.
I am Donkey and I approve of this message.

If you think Sofla is mad now, wait til Slingblade loses to 3 Star Mario.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We can keep repeating this fantasy, but it's not happening.
Honestly, the best case scenario is let him swing.

A REAL OC is like 1.5+ mil 3-4 year guaranteed, maybe more, with Billy Taggart on the nuclear seat. In other words it costs even more to keep him a year then fire one or two (some have suggested DC too) new coordinators in October.

Just let him spin.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Honestly, the best case scenario is let him swing.

A REAL OC is like 1.5+ mil 3-4 year guaranteed, maybe more, with Billy Taggart on the nuclear seat. In other words it costs even more to keep him a year then fire one or two (some have suggested DC too) new coordinators in October.

Just let him spin.
Scared money don't make money.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure that an OC will be hired. I've never been convinced of it. But let's say he does hireone, a good one. Maybe it would be someone that could takeover mid season as interim and turn this shcit show around.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Despite everyone's excitement about hiring an OC, he has never indicated anything of the sort. The entire narrative came after Spurrier called him out for not throwing the ball and a reporter asked him his thoughts. He told the reporter that when Spurrier talks, you listen. A typical coach speech response from a typical soundbyte coach. Then he went on continuing the same scared money vanilla offense he called all season.

THAT is literally the entirety of the "we're gettin an OC" narrative. No different than the we're getting a top 3 class, were winning 10 games, etc. Just pumperism, nothing more.

If we were to get one it would be bc he was forced to get one, which isn't exactly ideal. The likelihood he lets them take the reigns in that situation is very low. Petrino came out today and said as much about fisher. I doubt we get an OC, but if we did, I also doubt it would change much.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not sure that an OC will be hired. I've never been convinced of it. But let's say he does hireone, a good one. Maybe it would be someone that could takeover mid season as interim and turn this shcit show around.

It’s why I mentioned Scott Frost. Immediate name recognition, runs an offense that is conducive to FL talent, and has HC experience. If/when we tell Napier to kick rocks next year, maybe he gets an opportunity to earn the job.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I have to agree with law donk on this, the opportunity to hire a legit OC would mean several Mill and several years. With CBN being on such a short list, probably next year only, then it would be like throwing EVEN MORE MONEY out the window when we ultimately are forced to get rid of the AD, CBN and said high profile OC.
So, we're left with 2 options:
1. CBN retains OC duties
2. CBN hires a noname to OC

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
It’s why I mentioned Scott Frost. Immediate name recognition, runs an offense that is conducive to FL talent, and has HC experience. If/when we tell Napier to kick rocks next year, maybe he gets an opportunity to earn the job.
You actually think he won an NC at UCF don't you. He failed as bad as Napier at Nebraska.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You actually think he won an NC at UCF don't you. He failed as bad as Napier at Nebraska.

Situation was far worse at Nebraska than what Napier inherited here, and I’d be willing to let him show he’s learned from his mistakes and become a better coach. As I said, a chance to earn that spot. His mistake was taking that dead end job out of a sense of duty.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Callaway will get a title change to OC…….loyalty is admirable, blind loyalty is idiotic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.