Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
this was my exact thought when i read it as well. like we're the only program that gives players nice dorms, good food, decent trans and other amenities. just b/c we were giving them garbage before and its better now doesnt mean that we've somehow elevated ourselves above baseline.

You know a head coach & his staff really suck when a fan has to reference better food, better dorms & better parking as the coach’s key contributions to the program. :lol: :lol::lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If I'm allowed to praise Billy at all here, I will say he has done things for the players that will make them think twice before leaving like in past years. Their apartment situation, NIL, the food they eat and even the parking nightmare they have faced for years all transformed by Napier after years of being a cluster fuch.

He just has to convince them and their families he can get them in the league. That's going to be a tough sell with the numbers we have put up on both sides of the ball.

You know some of the stuff you mentioned were part of what McElwain negotiated for, and we were just now putting into place. So is that really Napier, or the fact if took the administration 7 fuching years to finally finish the work? Because you honestly think that schit was all just built and done in the last 2 years...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Same could be said for those who were over pumping a new hire or after seeing evidence over and over and still pumping the same bs.... that schit swings both ways.
Your mom swings both ways.

There's nothing wrong with a fan being optimistic about a new hire. Absolutely nothing. Only in this stupid cesspool we live in now is it seen as a bad thing by people like you.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Good for him and glad he's coming back. It sure will help (can't hurt) and also with DJ (if he holds) coming in. Mertz played hard and fought his guts out. And most of all took a beating. Props to him.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Your mom swings both ways.

There's nothing wrong with a fan being optimistic about a new hire. Absolutely nothing. Only in this stupid cesspool we live in now is it seen as a bad thing by people like you.

Optimistic nothing bad about that, after the first time I talked to the man I felt a little better. But blind swallowing from the glory hole like some did, there is a problem. The problem with hope is it leads to disappointment. If you realize what you are getting, you can have expectations that are in line. Napier is who he is, a good guy, but not the guy. Being optimistic while telling others not to pay attention to facts is an issue... just like those who are pessimistic past the point of actually looking at the evidence.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Someone texted me that ETN has cleaned out his locker. No, I'm not joking and neither was the person who texted me.

If true, get your pearls ready! I want to see clutching like no one has ever clutched before. Don't let me down.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Someone texted me that ETN has cleaned out his locker. No, I'm not joking and neither was the person who texted me.

If true, get your pearls ready! I want to see clutching like no one has ever clutched before. Don't let me down.
Cleaned out his locker?
I'm sure that never happens when a season ends

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.