Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

Aug 5, 2014
I have to agree with law donk on this, the opportunity to hire a legit OC would mean several Mill and several years. With CBN being on such a short list, probably next year only, then it would be like throwing EVEN MORE MONEY out the window when we ultimately are forced to get rid of the AD, CBN and said high profile OC.
So, we're left with 2 options:
1. CBN retains OC duties
2. CBN hires a noname to OC
#2 kind of looks a lot like #1

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Callaway will get a title change to OC…….loyalty is admirable, blind loyalty is idiotic.
Callaway is the only coaches on the offensive side now that would intrigue me as an interim. With Billy he'll just be working out of Billy's playbook.But we all seen his offense come into the Swamp and hang 56 on us with his offense.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
ETN knows the scuttlebutt, and could deny it at any time. His complete silence on social media is not a good sign.
Maybe he's waiting for his Christmas present. I'm impressed, I didn't know kids today could do analog time.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe he's waiting for his Christmas present. I'm impressed, I didn't know kids today could do analog time.

Is he waiting until the 2nd of the month to hit the portal?

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I'm just over this crap.
NIL has ruined college football.
We don't have a team full of young men that want to represent the University Of Florida, we have a bunch of entitled little biitches that play for money.
When players can sign, then don't like what's transpired aftewrwards, they can just say F it, and move on. No commitment, no love of the school, team mates and fans, F them!

It's a symptom of the decline of this country. College Football is caught up in this groundswell of equal outcomes for everyone.

There's no way it's ever coming back either. Unless, we just go back to Non scholarship college football, do away with recruiting all together and force these little prima donna's to pick a school based on actual love for the University.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
He’s asking, given his superlatives, why he is perpetually splitting time with #2.
Animated GIF

:lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm just over this crap.
We don't have a team full of young men that want to represent the University Of Florida, we have a bunch of entitled little biitches that play for money.
When players can sign, then don't like what's transpired aftewrwards, they can just say F it, and move on. No commitment, no love of the school, team mates and fans, F them!

It's a symptom of the decline of this country. College Football is caught up in this groundswell of equal outcomes for everyone.

There's no way it's ever coming back either. Unless, we just go back to Non scholarship college football, do away with recruiting all together and force these little prima donna's to pick a school based on actual love for the University.

Notice this isn’t happening with the star players at schools that are winning. Wheeler and other insiders have stated this isn’t about money. He wants to win and we’re not winning. He was sold a bill of goods by an adult making 7 million a year, who’s led him to complete failure, and and is struggling with staying committed to that decision. Let’s blame that guy. As I said previously, this is the kind of kid that we actually should want. He cares more than the coach. But if he’s watching us dig a double digit hole in every game while he waits his turn to come in, once it’s too late, no one should be upset with him wanting to go a different direction.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Notice this isn’t happening with the star players at schools that are winning. Wheeler and other insiders have stated this isn’t about money. He wants to win and we’re not winning. He was sold a bill of goods by an adult making 7 million a year, who’s led him to complete failure, and and is struggling with staying committed to that decision. Let’s blame that guy. As I said previously, this is the kind of kid that we actually should want. He cares more than the coach. But if he’s watching us dig a double digit hole in every game while he waits his turn to come in, once it’s too late, no one should be upset with him wanting to go a different direction.
I hear you.
That part of the equation is very hard for me to accept. I can't ignore it either.
I guess, My personality comes into play here.
I don't understand the attitude of the current, "me first" generation.

If I'm being honest, I'm also being selfish to expect a great impact player, to stay with a losing team. So I can enjoy a good football season.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
If I'm being honest, I'm also being selfish to expect a great impact player, to stay with a losing team. So I can enjoy a good football season.
Emmitt Smith did it for 3 years. Worked out pretty well in the NFL.

In the players defense, they aren't the ones that allowed pay for play and free agency. The adults did that.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Emmitt Smith did it for 3 years. Worked out pretty well in the NFL.

In the players defense, they aren't the ones that allowed pay for play and free agency. The adults did that.
Well, Not really. The players started this with lawsuits. Then media jumped on the bandwagon and the poor, poor, players not getting what they deserve from slaving away playing football at elite University's. Then legislation happened, because, the NCAA had no leg to stand on once the curtain was pulled back.

To me, once this Golden Goose is cooked and College ball is completely ruined, it will hurt players more than ever before. Ultimately, I think we will get back to non scholarship football and the cream of the crop athletes, will just go semi pro at 18. Like baseball, in some ways. Just NO scholly's.

Emmitt played for us until 1989. A lot has changed in 34 years.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, Not really. The players started this with lawsuits. Then media jumped on the bandwagon and the poor, poor, players not getting what they deserve from slaving away playing football at elite University's. Then legislation happened, because, the NCAA had no leg to stand on once the curtain was pulled back.

To me, once this Golden Goose is cooked and College ball is completely ruined, it will hurt players more than ever before. Ultimately, I think we will get back to non scholarship football and the cream of the crop athletes, will just go semi pro at 18. Like baseball, in some ways. Just NO scholly's.

Started with Ed O'Bannon realizing the NCAA was using his likeness on games that even well after he was out of college basketball and was an adult they were making millions off of. I don't know what the right answer for players currently in college would be. But if I've been out of college for a decade, but they are still using my likeness to make money, I deserve some of that cash. It was like using Danny Wuerfell or Tim Tebow in NCAA 2013.... they were not current players, but you could use them on the historical teams. Unlike the Madden or NBA games were the players get a cut.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just over this crap.

Everything is predicated on “oppressor and oppressed” mentality.

We the fans and the schools are the oppressors so every power we have must be relinquished.
If you spend any time on campus you will find that most everyone there is comfortable with this approach.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I honestly hope you are right about the ultimate outcome. I would love to see UF revert back to the antiquated student-athlete model.
The quality of play would suffer but the quality of the overall sport would be enhanced significantly.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It’s pretty simple really. According to sources, it’s not about money at all. He wants to win, and sees that as a lost cause under the current regime. Not only is he being misused by not starting, but in many of our losses, he has had big runs that helped us get back in it or even take a lead. Then you have maybe our best overall half of football against the vols, where he did play early and helped get us out to a big lead. So in short, regardless of his decision, this kid is showing that he cares more about seeing UF win than Napier. And the truthfully the latter is actively working against that aim. The moment he leaves, the axe should fall. In fact, as part of the lure to keep him, I promise to fire in Napier tonight, and bring in a competent staff. Then I beg this inbred hick to ask for his buyout and stonewall him after a complete and intentional misuse of funds and resources. I’d be more than happy to help contribute to fund the years of litigation just to send a message.

IMG_9300.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.