Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: USC offensive lineman Jason Zandamela headed to UF

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why you gotta be like that bruh
I know man…I can’t help but fly back in time to my high school days when the highlights were always trying to one-up each other. I’ll try to do better, but not gonna promise. But you know what, something tells me you’ve got a little of that in you as well! I think it’s why I hold you in such high regard. A rung or two above pilot for sure!

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know man…I can’t help but fly back in time to my high school days when the highlights were always trying to one-up each other. I’ll try to do better, but not gonna promise. But you know what, something tells me you’ve got a little of that in you as well! I think it’s why I hold you in such high regard. A rung or two above pilot for sure!
Angry Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
No, not Saban or Urban for sure. One thing he has picked up on pretty quickly is that he lets his OC do the offensive thing. He provides defensive oversight,
This X10000
Napier is either too proud, too stupid or just doesn't have the contacts to do these things. Nick hired OC's and learned to take the reins off of them...Urban concentrated on ST's and recruiting, Kirby over sees the defense and lets his OC and position group coaches on offense do their jobs.... The head man at a school like UF or any P5 school for that matter must let their coordinators and position coaches immerse themselves in their part of the program while the CEO oversees the entire operation...one cannot do both in todays game.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Especially with NIL AND the portal.
A friend of mine is the brother of UCF's new OC this year. His brother told him that Gus who was a offensive coordinator himself, needed people that he could trust to run their part of the team without constant overseeing due to the new demands of the TP and NIL....it is a huge part of the HC's job that wasn't there before, and Gus realized he had to let go of the offense to make room for the other responsibilities.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GBHOR
No, not Saban or Urban for sure. One thing he has picked up on pretty quickly is that he lets his OC do the offensive thing. He provides defensive oversight, understandable as that is his wheelhouse. I’ve thought several times how Billy could have improved his lot, at least a little, with a competent OC.

And by the way, even though I’ve known Kirby since he was in high school, I don’t have a problem with his successes unless they are manifested against us. In fact, the mark of a championship caliber team is the ability to not only matchup with other championship caliber teams, but to also beat them. We’re falling short of that lately and it might not be a bad idea to copy some of the things the top programs are doing beyond hiring an army of analysts and ineffective assistants who have fallen woefully short overall in player / position / team development. And so far, an upswing in culture hasn’t translated into wins.
its been a complete failure.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I also enjoy how we lose our best player bc he wants to be better developed for the next level and all of a sudden he sucks.

We love trashing our kids when they agree with us about the staff and want to move on. Any one of us would move on from tater in an instant if we could but we trash the few who can.

Our anger needs to be pointed at tater tard, not etn.
I think you're misreading the room here. Most of us are ready and waiting to join the "tar and feather" brigade. Just say the word.

The young man chose to leave, most of us understand. Others are leaving too. So why is this young man getting such vitriol? For me, it's because of his family. His brother has been in his ear all year about leaving and he should have been mentoring him on blocking. And his momma on X this week didn't help.

And for everybody who's left, if you ain't a Gator, then you're Gator Bait.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Right. I don’t think anyone has ever questioned his ability to recruit, putting together top classes undoubtedly helped the guy win championships.

I don’t think anyone on this board would take him over Saban or Urban, but they’d easily take him over Slingblade.
The only reason I would not take him is he's a dwag.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Well, we’ve already witnessed the first half of the scenario happen when Miami played Georgia Tech this year. We’ve also seen enough stupidity the past two years from Sun Belt Billy, that while not exactly like what I outlined, is close enough to believe he’s capable of such moronic stupidity.

Because of this, it’s me that’s left to wonder about your mental facilities as you doubt that Billy could exhibit such buffoonery.
You may be right? Otherwise why would I willingly engage in conversation with you on a message board? Mental health check scheduled. Thank you!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They own the Gators.

Well, they’ve landed a transfer QB from uga(I’m certain he was a 4-5*) and now a once coveted WR.Meanwhile, we’ve got 4 kids on campus, 3 of whom no one’s ever heard of. We talked about how JM and DM had allowed the talent level to slip to a point where they weren’t far behind us talent wise. We’re watching it happen again. So it’s less a matter of them owning us and more a matter of us deliberately choosing to not reassert the talent disparity we enjoyed for 3+ decades. It’s completely within our control.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
a lot of our rivals seem to be using the portal to jettison low hanging fruit and upgrade at specific positions.

bunch of amateurs....

billy is doing the opposite; 2024 gonna be lit!

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ETN’s loss is pretty bad, especially the optics of being one of Billy’s first guys. But blaming everything but him for his poor pass pro is silly. Johnson and Webb seemed much better with same scheme and coaching. I bet Carroll will put a hat on someone’s azz.

As it’s been mentioned, the dwags have a load load of high 4 and 5 stars on their roster. If he wants to be a true feature RB1, it will be a bad choice for the young man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator