Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: USC offensive lineman Jason Zandamela headed to UF

sharkbite

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2017
And do you know what else he is? Someone who isn't going to see the field.

Mertz is the veteran. If/when he gets hurt, Lagway takes over. If Lagway gets hurt, we're effed anyway from there.

In other words, no quality QB was going to come to UF unless he had a 1-year shot to take a team to the playoff - which he wouldn't have on this UF team. After this year, everyone knows Lagway is the next guy.
Lagway will be the starter game 1 - Book it.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Norvell is loading up with transfers. Go figure.

Have to wonder if Napier is overwhelmed. How much staff does fsu have? More with less? Unimpressive, on his way to becoming one of the least credible coaches in DI.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Have to wonder if Napier is overwhelmed. How much staff does fsu have? More with less? Unimpressive, on his way to becoming one of the least credible coaches in DI.
Going through that list... 95% of transfers are 3 stars.

I'm not sure how the ranking works but we beat Bama and the Humpers!

Screenshot_20240116_154819_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240116_155104_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Wait...that is a Sun Belt player. I thought we made fun of that.

Sun Belt Kiffin

Donald Trump Republicans GIF by Election 2016

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

With the way UF runs itself now, I would have thought it would be considered the UC Berkeley of the East. But upon further review, UF probably considers itself the Stanford of the East. Can't blame the kid if getting a full scholly versus an NIL deal from Play it Again Sports and the Bean Bag place in the same shopping center.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Ya'll act like there's anything in recent memory that's going to make any of these kids want to come here. There isn't... nothing. That's a factor in what the staff has to overcome. "Why are they going to FSU"..you say. Hmm..well, they just went regular season undefeated, got a lot of publicity even though they got blown out. And we have.....crickets. It's not complicated.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ya'll act like there's anything in recent memory that's going to make any of these kids want to come here. There isn't... nothing. That's a factor in what the staff has to overcome. "Why are they going to FSU"..you say. Hmm..well, they just went regular season undefeated, got a lot of publicity even though they got blown out. And we have.....crickets. It's not complicated.
What's going to make them want to play here is the same as the others - money. If we're that far behind the 8-ball, then we need to cough up more money. The elite kids don't GAF about the schools anymore, those days are over.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
What's going to make them want to play here is the same as the others - money. If we're that far behind the 8-ball, then we need to cough up more money. The elite kids don't GAF about the schools anymore, those days are over.
And that is pretty much my point. There's a curve to get over and it's not an exact, fixed curve,...the damn thing keeps moving....but either the admin wants to get on top of it or not. I think , for now, we are committed, and locked into our current trajectory and plan even though some factors may have changed in the equation. They are just not prepared to toss it all right now and attack things a different way. Scream, yell, cry, present arguments why...doesn't matter. Relax, this is just gonna have to play out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.