Recruiting 2025 recruit OL Enoch Wangoy reclassified to 2024

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
He doesn’t help now but if taking a complete project, I suppose it’s better to get him in your own strength and weight program than HS. And he THEORETICALLY gets better coaching in college too for that development.
I finally got the courage to watch the O&B game a few days ago and our players had the upperbody of 85 QB's running around the field.
You could throw a dart at a map of Fla. HS's and find players and coaches more committed to S&C.

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Saw Him sitting with other recruits sitting about 2 rows below us at the O&B game. Doesn't say anything about his playing ability but the guy is huge. Not one of the chubby big guys. He is built and athletic looking.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
May as well be. Good length and size but no experience. New to football. You know - the way that we like to get all of our OL prospects.

Yeah, but how is he on tuba? And can he keep marching formation at half time? /Butters

He doesn’t help now but if taking a complete project, I suppose it’s better to get him in your own strength and weight program than HS. And he THEORETICALLY gets better coaching in college too for that development.

'your own strength and weight program'...

:lol4:

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
6'8"", 314 lbs., 7-foot wingspan

Grew up playing soccer, basketball, and rugby in England, moved to the U.S. at 16 yoa, played one year of H.S. football in Jacksonville, projects as an off. tackle

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
All our coaches post Meyer have been like third world country dictatorships. They come in, do some nice things and talk about positive reforms, which are welcomed by the masses, only to eventually revert back to the core issues of the last guy, before digging in a treacherous power struggle that ends in a violent coup as they flee Gainesville in the middle of the night with massive bags of cash invoking some of the most toxic derision from the people that had once viewed them fondly. It’s quite the spectacle.

FIFY

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Chump picked up this winner. A basketball player turned football guy. I think he stayed a year.

Butters wasn't far behind with this guy.

My favorite Butters pickup was Mason Halter.
He was a grad transfer from Fordham that had been all league multiple times in whatever conference Fordham plays in.
He was our starting right tackle and he was absolutely awful. He couldn’t run block and he made up for it by not being able to pass block either.
To show what a well rounded person he was, we later learned that he went full Deion and never even attended any classes the entire fall semester.

Butters was a portal master before there was a portal.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He was a grad transfer from Fordham that had been all league multiple times in whatever conference Fordham plays in.
He was our starting right tackle and he was absolutely awful.
He was hurt, badly. If you remember in the summer he was supposedly out for the year. They basically begged him to give it a try because the next option was a walkon.

He was terrible though for sure. Teams knew his shoulder was shredded and abused him.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
He was our starting right tackle and he was absolutely awful. He couldn’t run block and he made up for it by not being able to pass block either.
To show what a well rounded person he was, we later learned that he went full Deion and never even attended any classes the entire fall semester.

Butters was a portal master before there was a portal.
I forgot about that guy. His lasting legacy will be his impressive bench press display at pro day: NINE reps. From a LINEMAN. Punters probably throw up that much weight.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
i mean he already had his degree so... :dunno:

I know it’s a joke but last time I checked these guys are still supposed to at least pretend to be college students and staff members are supposed to be paid to monitor things like classroom attendance.

For a program that likes to tout itself as above the day to day hypocrisy of college sports, this sure smelled like hypocrisy to me. If we’re going to be hypocrites we could at least try to win something.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Halter shoulder was so bad and we kept putting him in, and it ruined what microscopic chance he had going to the league as well.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The state of our offensive line recruiting has been putrid for nearly 15 years now. The 2 best Olinemen we've had in that time span were both recruited to play guard(Trenton Brown and Jawann Taylor) and both went on to be All Pro and or Super Bowl starters at Tackle in the NFL....tells you something...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The state of our offensive line recruiting has been putrid for nearly 15 years now. The 2 best Olinemen we've had in that time span were both recruited to play guard(Trenton Brown and Jawann Taylor) and both went on to be All Pro and or Super Bowl starters at Tackle in the NFL....tells you something...
Just as a threshold requirement, we could begin by not hiring someone who already failed at a P5 school and was fired or pushed out (Sale/Hevesy/ I dont even remember the OL coaches from Butters or Chimp but Im sure they were asswarts too).... even if this violates Fooley Money Saving Rule #391: hire coaches some other school just fired bc the previous school pays some or all of the salary

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.