Recruiting 3* DE Eric Mitchell Decommits

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I did. I wonder if he will stay. He seems to be significantly light. But Shannon really likes him.
Isnt he out for a year or so post surgery?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Word on the street is that Rick Wells is on the cusp of decommitting.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I did. I wonder if he will stay. He seems to be significantly light. But Shannon really likes him.

The LB play this year vastly exceeded my expectations. Linebackers don't fly around the field unless they know their assignments and reads, and so I assume Shannon had a lot to do with that, "coaching 'em up" as the OBC used to say. I don't think he's gotten much public recognition for that.

But to bring it back to recruiting, any LB that Shannon likes is good enough for me.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The LB play this year vastly exceeded my expectations. Linebackers don't fly around the field unless they know their assignments and reads, and so I assume Shannon had a lot to do with that, "coaching 'em up" as the OBC used to say. I don't think he's gotten much public recognition for that.

But to bring it back to recruiting, any LB that Shannon likes is good enough for me.

I'd be worried about bringing in four and five star linebackers with any other staff. But with Shannon coaching that position I think will be fine with whoever he says.

It's also the reason I'm not worried about Trask. I trust in coach Mac's ability to evaluate that position. If we had gotten Trask last year I would've been in full meltdown.

We have so many "non-coaching" positions evaluating talent that we've been able to identify kids before they were properly evaluated by recruiting sites and other coaching staffs. They've truly done a remarkable job. That is something that Saban has been doing for the last five years at Bama.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
It's also the reason I'm not worried about Trask. I trust in coach Mac's ability to evaluate that position. If we had gotten Trask last year I would've been in full meltdown.

If we had gotten Trask last year we might have 12 or 13 wins now.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we had gotten Trask last year we might have 12 or 13 wins now.
1423460815.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator