***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Alabama***

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Now it's like the #MeToo movement, everybody's coming out of the woodwork with stories about being #DeezNutzed by Saban.

I don't like this. :shakehead: I don't need any information that makes me hate Saban less. What's next, are we going to find out he's good for a, "that's what she said," from time to time?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The big game is tomorrow. Hope our players are not thinking as Gator Chatter thinks.
If Mullen has been keeping something up his sleeve, can you imagine how that thing smells.?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So after we get curb stomped tomorrow and realize we haven’t beaten a team since 2008 do we finally see some recruiting changes or nah?
:lmao2: Yeah, after 12 years as a HC he will finally figure it out

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
it's funny how many of these Twitter people really think Ole douchebag Dan has built a champion.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We've turned into realist. Atleast we don't sound like Tennessee or FSU fans. I hate to keep beating the same drum but if the better qb was playing, the predictions would be different. We've seen this movie a hundred times over the last 10 years. Hard to be too optimistic.

Hard to imagine a win when the HC already waived the white flag.

My post wasn't debating either of these points. I don't think we win. I was never even planning on being there and have sold my tickets. I also get that any hope for resounding optimism was squashed the moment EJ was propped up over AR as the primary QB. And the whole white flag comment was infuriating. Terrible look. But I still don't see the issue with Zippererererer selling a shirt about the game. To me, that's about as tame as it gets. I mean, we want them to show up, right? We want them going into the game on a mission to win, right? Agree with Mullen's recruiting or not(I don't), these are still the players we have. I'm good with supporting them and hoping for the best.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My post wasn't debating either of these points. I don't think we win. I was never even planning on being there and have sold my tickets. I also get that any hope for resounding optimism was squashed the moment EJ was propped up over AR as the primary QB. And the whole white flag comment was infuriating. Terrible look. But I still don't see the issue with Zippererererer selling a shirt about the game. To me, that's about as tame as it gets. I mean, we want them to show up, right? We want them going into the game on a mission to win, right? Disagree with Mullen's recruiting or not(I don't), these are still the players we have. I'm good with supporting them and hoping for the best.

you don't disagree with the level of talent Mullen is bringing in?

As far as rooting for this team, I will always root for them and won't pick against them. I hope we win, I hope we blow them out like J blows those sailors. If that's the case we will see Kitna's kid in the third quarter.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Now it's like the #MeToo movement, everybody's coming out of the woodwork with stories about being #DeezNutzed by Saban.

I don't like this. :shakehead: I don't need any information that makes me hate Saban less. What's next, are we going to find out he's good for a, "that's what she said," from time to time?

Saban is to college football what Belichick is to the NFL, imo. Even with my Dolphins roots, and as an Eagle having faced him in the Super Bowl twice since the Cowboys last won a Division round playoff game, I have a hard time not respecting the heck out of what BB has done. It's similar with Saban. I don't like either of them per se. But they're real and you get what you see with both, whether it's popular or not. So as much as I would love to see us unseat him as the dominant force in the SEC again, personally, I find him much more likeable than someone like Bowden whose entire shtick was, I felt, completely disingenuous.

If nothing else, we'll always have 2nd and 26.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
you don't disagree with the level of talent Mullen is bringing in?

As far as rooting for this team, I will always root for them and won't pick against them. I hope we win, I hope we blow them out like J blows those sailors. If that's the case we will see Kitna's kid in the third quarter.

No, that's poor wording on my part. Meant the opposite. Typing too fast and will edit.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know how I'd react. I'd be asking most of you how you like your crow.

I would save that kind of comment until when he wins an actual Conference Championship. Because a lot of schit coaches have won one game they weren't supposed to win, and a few have one Conferences they shouldn't have. But winning the conference would a real accomplishment. We you telling people to eat some crow when Zook beat three top 10 teams in a row in 2003? Did that make him a good coach?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Saban is to college football what Belichick is to the NFL, imo. Even with my Dolphins roots, and as an Eagle having faced him in the Super Bowl twice since the Cowboys last won a Division round playoff game, I have a hard time not respecting the heck out of what BB has done. It's similar with Saban. I don't like either of them per se. But they're real and you get what you see with both, whether it's popular or not. So as much as I would love to see us unseat him as the dominant force in the SEC again, personally, I find him much more likeable than someone like Bowden whose entire shtick was, I felt, completely disingenuous.

If nothing else, we'll always have 2nd and 26.

Saban is from the BB coaching tree, he was part of that staff in Cleveland that in hidsight was loaded with coaching talent.

van Go(gh) Gator(s)

Banned
BANNED
Jun 3, 2021
I would save that kind of comment until when he wins an actual Conference Championship. Because a lot of schit coaches have won one game they weren't supposed to win, and a few have one Conferences they shouldn't have. But winning the conference would a real accomplishment. We you telling people to eat some crow when Zook beat three top 10 teams in a row in 2003? Did that make him a good coach?

Don;t move the goalpost. We are talking about one game. Bama

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator