Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I learned to drive stick in a Pontiac Fiero that my best friend had in high school. The next 5-speed I drove after that was a deuce and a half, which took quite a bit of adjustment even though the principal is the same lol
Ahhhh the "Repairo"!!!! GM finally got that car almost perfectly right in style and with a V6... then promptly discontinued it! :)

I have an odd curse of being "first on the scene when bad things happen." In HS, we were out driving around one night and came upon a wreck. It was on a 90 degree curve on Rotunda Drive and two guys in a Fiero had been repeatedly trying to take the curve faster and faster... then finally hit the curb sideways and the Fiero rolled repeatedly into the side of a church. There was one guy sitting perfectly fine next to the church wall. He was the passenger, didn't know where the drive was. I walked over to the car and noticed the sunroof was out, so I started looking for the driver... he wasn't wearing a seatbelt and had launched through the sunroof. I found him on his back with his left leg folded underneath him and his left foot up next to the right side of his head... the top of which was missing, but he was totally lucid. I covered him with blankets we had in the back of the pinto (different story) and talked to him until the ambulance came, he was only worried if the passenger was ok. We then went to McDonald's then decided to go to the hospital to see if we could get the blankets back... the guy had died, didn't get blankets back. :sadnanner:

This is the curve and church... good Repairo memory for sure!
Google Maps

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Ahhhh the "Repairo"!!!! GM finally got that car almost perfectly right in style and with a V6... then promptly discontinued it! :)

I have an odd curse of being "first on the scene when bad things happen." In HS, we were out driving around one night and came upon a wreck. It was on a 90 degree curve on Rotunda Drive and two guys in a Fiero had been repeatedly trying to take the curve faster and faster... then finally hit the curb sideways and the Fiero rolled repeatedly into the side of a church. There was one guy sitting perfectly fine next to the church wall. He was the passenger, didn't know where the drive was. I walked over to the car and noticed the sunroof was out, so I started looking for the driver... he wasn't wearing a seatbelt and had launched through the sunroof. I found him on his back with his left leg folded underneath him and his right foot up next to the right side of his head... the top of which was missing, but he was totally lucid. I covered him with blankets we had in the back of the pinto (different story) and talked to him until the ambulance came, he was only worried if the passenger was ok. We then went to McDonald's then decided to go to the hospital to see if we could get the blankets back... the guy had died, didn't get blankets back. :sadnanner:

This is the curve and church... good Repairo memory for sure!
Google Maps

:D

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I only got as far as Detroit's mention of a...vehicle...before responding. Now I read the rest of his post.

Jesus, dude! :eek::eek3::confused:

"I'll see your car talk, and raise you a HS kid getting folded in half with the top of his head ripped off!"

escalated-quickly-anchorman.gif

Somebody should probably say something about Billy Napier at this point before we all get Ghost-busted. Anybody got anything?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
247 is saying that it looks like he won’t be bringing in an OC. He will be calling plays more than likely.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
247 is saying that it looks like he won’t be bringing in an OC. He will be calling plays more than likely.

So a dude jumps multiple levels, and wants to be CEO and OC? You only get one shot at one of these kinds of jobs. It better work out.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I'm trying to remember...I know SOS called all his own plays obviously, but did he ever have a nominal, "in name only" OC anyway, or not even?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
they are assuming that through who they believe is coming on board.

I hope Napier works out, but I don't think it's a smart decision. The difference in competition and what is required by the Head Coach is huge.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm trying to remember...I know SOS called all his own plays obviously, but did he ever have a nominal OC anyway, or not even?

There was a OC most years, Reeves I believe through the early 90s, before he left for USCe. His son was our quarterback in high school, until he left for the USCe job.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
There was a OC most years, Reeves I believe through the early 90s, before he left for USCe. His son was our quarterback in high school, until he left for the USCe job.
I guess just to run practices and stuff. Obviously had little or no role during actual games lol

Napier may come off that decision when he finds out how much time he's going to spend running the whole organization, which is going to be a much larger one than what SOS had. I'm sure he'll still call plays but may need help with overall coordinating.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
they are assuming that through who they believe is coming on board.

Are you referring to the Bob Redmond I know somethign but not going to tell you thread? It fugging blob redmond. And his exact words are "Just looking at the names I have, I believe Napier will be the play caller on offense." All the morons took that and ran with it as if its fact when in reality its just blob spewing crap.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I guess just to run practices and stuff. Obviously had little or no role during actual games lol
eyes in the box are huge.

there's usually several guys doing it. one guy looking at the left side of the line one guy looking at the right, etc.

you can't see all that stuff from the sideline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator