Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
In all the discussion of our new coach, how could we neglect to discuss the most important item. Is his wife hot?

I say yes.
WHAT? Wife? Most posts in this arena are usually about someone's mother. Shouldn't you be asking about her? Besides, the question here is does she make and sell her own BBQ sauce?

PaulDrake

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Since you mention it, why are we letting that Mullen Minion run all those practices by himself?

I see that Oklahoma brought Bob Stoops down from the executive offices to be interim coach for their bowl game. Is there anyone upstairs at UF who could possibly play a similar role for us?

Hmm. Hmmmm. Let me think. Who could it be? :scratchchin:
I would think SOS has morning tee times from now through the holidays....

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I would think SOS has morning tee times from now through the holidays....
I've read he doesn't actually golf that much anymore on account of some pretty severe arthritis. Was real sad to read it because we all know how much he looked forward to focusing on his golf game after retirement. He talked about it all the time.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Since you mention it, why are we letting that Mullen Minion run all those practices by himself?

I see that Oklahoma brought Bob Stoops down from the executive offices to be interim coach for their bowl game. Is there anyone upstairs at UF who could possibly play a similar role for us?

Hmm. Hmmmm. Let me think. Who could it be? :scratchchin:
Pasqualoni?
:dunno:
He and Stoops are about the same age.

PaulDrake

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I've read he doesn't actually golf that much anymore on account of some pretty severe arthritis. Was real sad to read it because we all know how much he looked forward to focusing on his golf game after retirement. He talked about it all the time.
Wow, hadn't heard that. Depressing....

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Yeah we tend to cast these guys as incompetent buffoons after they have Peter Principled out, and don't let them have their reps back for doing what they were actually good at. There are countless examples of coaches who flamed out at the Team CEO level but were successful again when they went back to being middle managers.

That said, I would not hire Mullen as an assistant. At least not right now. He seems broken by his epic failure. I don't think that will stop Urban, though. I still think that's where he ends up, whether at Jax or Notre Dame.

I should probably check the ESPN coaching carousel update this morning before I say that, maybe Mullinz took the Akron job already lol

I agree. Mullen needs a stint as an analyst or something. Maybe even a year sabbatical, during which he should really work on whatever broke or failed in himself, whether it was something that cracked under pressure or a flaw that wasn’t ruinous before.

He seems bitter and resentful, really since that SECCG.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Yeah that's what I pointed out. The person who posted that article made it seem negative with the quote they posted, but it was actually positive.
The reason I previewed those quotes was simply as a hook to get people to read the article. I realize it was a positive article for Billy Bob Buzzcut. I thought the writer positioned the article in a unique way that hadn't been regurgitated from someone else.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was the first new car my parents ever bought. Also first with AM/FM radio that was STEREO... no AC though, couldn't go that far. It was also the car i learned to drive a stick with... i think i was like 8!
your parents bought you ....a death trap.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think Napier should interfere w/ the game plan for the bowl game. He should step in Sunday while the 2021 team finishes up.

... and he should bring some of his own handpicked players = a flash rave transfer portal. :D

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
It was the first new car my parents ever bought. Also first with AM/FM radio that was STEREO... no AC though, couldn't go that far. It was also the car i learned to drive a stick with... i think i was like 8!
I learned to drive stick in a Pontiac Fiero that my best friend had in high school. The next 5-speed I drove after that was a deuce and a half, which took quite a bit of adjustment even though the principal is the same lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.