5 Greatest Quarterbacks to Ever Play College Football

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Timmy broke Herschel fckn Walker's TD rushing record (sec) against Uga on a 20+ yard run. Herschel was the greatest RB in college history. SO Timmy is hands down greater than the Bradenton fella that fled to Nebraska to play on a team of criminals.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I never really disliked Tommy Frazier. Maybe because he used to come to the Swamp and hangout with Gators when Rod was on the team. Maybe because he was an option QB so I didn't feel like he ran to Nebraskie instead of playing for us.

That piece of dung TB they had is another story.

Of course, everyone knows Tommy wasn't a great QB. He was an above average runner and a below average passer on a team that had the best steroid program in history.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
First drive...one of the gutsiest calls I have ever seen....4th and 13 on the road at UT. Danny delivers the perfect strike.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Danny is my personal Gator favorite and Tebow obviously belongs on the list, too. I don't think Leinart or Frasier should be on there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Troy Smith just got moved to WR.... at age 30. It should have happened 9 years ago but I guess they realize he wasn't really good at running either.

Same thing with Crouch and Tommy. They wouldn't even play QB at any other IA schools except maybe Ga Tech. Both were moved to DB for their VERY short stints on NFL practice squads.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
GatorBart;n239241 said:
At the 10:00 minute mark of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB7b25zs1j8
There were a lot of really nice throws by Danny in that game to Ike, Reidell and Quez. Up 42-6 at the half. Taylor and Jackson ran pretty well in the 2nd half, even though LSU knew we were mainly killing clock. 56-13 final. That was a great game to be at.

Thanks for posting. I have that game taped in a collection somewhere. I used to study them religiously. The precise timing, design, and genius play calling of that offense was a thing of beauty. And it would still work today with the proper collection of talent.

Dec 10, 2014
Who was the dude on the old board who lived on the left coast and made all the highlight videos with good background music?

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
I think it was CrisLeakFan4Life, formerly C4Fan4life, and maybe something similar after that. I lost a lot of brain cells during the Muschamp era.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
GatorBart;n239241 said:
At the 10:00 minute mark of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB7b25zs1j8
There were a lot of really nice throws by Danny in that game to Ike, Reidell and Quez. Up 42-6 at the half. Taylor and Jackson ran pretty well in the 2nd half, even though LSU knew we were mainly killing clock. 56-13 final. That was a great game to be at.

This is one of many reasons why I vote Danny #1. We played so many high quality opponents during Danny's time and we used to DESTROY them. The sheer magnitude of the azz beatings we put on other highly ranked teams, at home and on the road was a thing of beauty.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
GatorInGeorgia;n239813 said:
The sheer magnitude of the azz beatings we put on other highly ranked teams, at home and on the road was a thing of beauty.
amen:proud:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n239517 said:
Troy Smith just got moved to WR.... at age 30. It should have happened 9 years ago but I guess they realize he wasn't really good at running either.

Same thing with Crouch and Tommy. They wouldn't even play QB at any other IA schools except maybe Ga Tech. Both were moved to DB for their VERY short stints on NFL practice squads.

Terelle Pryor was moved to WR...did not know about Smith.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Danny completed lots of "throws" with rushers right in his face… amazing and the most excitement QB.
…. and Rex was a sharpshooter.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I may be biased, and it seems to be overlooked, but Charlie Ward does not belong on that list.
He was good, but not that good.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n239849 said:
Terelle Pryor was moved to WR...did not know about Smith.
Yeah I'm just all over the place lately. I got Alzheimer's from Hillary I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.