5 teams that'll get plenty of hype this offseason

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They were only successful bc they beat us.

And, yes, Kintucky is trash.
Truth is somewhere in the middle. Not sure which effort was worse, Kentucky or Missouri. Kentucky also presented a matchup problem for the offense, esp their line, which played a solid game, shut down the run, pressured Franks and made Franks the passer look like Franks the passer with the game on his back.

I bet if we play 'em now, we beat 'em good.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We were a bad matchup against any team that could run..... or pass..... :lmao2:

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
So, he's now their Urbs?
Urbs left for a supposed health reason. Jimbo left for money.
UF did it's best to convince Urbs to stay. FSU told Jimbo to shut up and get back to work or clean out his office.
Urbs landed OSU where he went on (for the most part) to dominate the conference.
Jimbo bolted before the season was even over to aTm, a mid-tier SEC program that will take it's annual ass-whipping from the likes of Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, etc.
I think Jimbo left more of a stench behind in Tallahassee than Urbs ever did in Gainesville.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The talent isn't UF level talent, but it isn't Vandy, UK or Mizzu either.

I have to question the talent level. According to 247 sports:

4* William Harrod
4* Deyavie Hammond
4* Wardrick Wilson
4* Michael Targuin
4* Richard Gouraige
4* TJ Moore

JUCO Noah Banks

Returning Starters:
Heggie
Buchannon
Forsyth - (has started & played)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have to question the talent level. According to 247 sports:

4* William Harrod
4* Deyavie Hammond
4* Wardrick Wilson
4* Michael Targuin
4* Richard Gouraige
4* TJ Moore

JUCO Noah Banks

Returning Starters:
Heggie
Buchannon
Forsyth - (has started & played)
That comment was in response to
78's "I take issue with 'talent was better than the record suggested' " meaning 2017's 4 win team.

Personally, I dont think we are in for much drop off on the OL and expect some improvement, despite losing seniors.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think Jimbo's gonna end up upsetting the SEC West applecart.

I tend to think this way as well. He's a great recruiter and A&M is an easy sell, so he'll have talent. He's not in Saban's league as far as coaching, but if he has the players, he can make some noise similar to what OM did under Freeze, only with more sustainability.

And now that he has the dimestore hooker out of his life, he'll be able to focus much better on the game. I think people discount the mental fatigue this guy went through. I can only imagine looking in the dryer for my polo on gameday morning and finding a 4XL White T-shirt that had accidentally made its way into the laundry. Or sitting to tie my shoes and noticing an empty bottle of Remy under the couch in the distance. I mean it was fun to get a good laugh at his expense, but I would think that having your wife's cell go off every 3 minutes with a "Lil Someone" ringtone blasting during breakfast would rattle even the most laser-focused of professionals.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure those fake boobs were one of his recruiting tactics.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Urbs left for a supposed health reason. Jimbo left for money.
UF did it's best to convince Urbs to stay. FSU told Jimbo to shut up and get back to work or clean out his office.
Urbs landed OSU where he went on (for the most part) to dominate the conference.
Jimbo bolted before the season was even over to aTm, a mid-tier SEC program that will take it's annual ass-whipping from the likes of Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, etc.
I think Jimbo left more of a stench behind in Tallahassee than Urbs ever did in Gainesville.
It was the "dead to them" comment. There are plenty of folks here who feel that way about Meyer, or at least that's the way it seems.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That comment was in response to
78's "I take issue with 'talent was better than the record suggested' " meaning 2017's 4 win team.

Personally, I dont think we are in for much drop off on the OL and expect some improvement, despite losing seniors.
You do realize that's not my comment. I just copied and pasted the author.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I tend to think this way as well. He's a great recruiter and A&M is an easy sell, so he'll have talent. He's not in Saban's league as far as coaching, but if he has the players, he can make some noise similar to what OM did under Freeze, only with more sustainability.

And now that he has the dimestore hooker out of his life, he'll be able to focus much better on the game. I think people discount the mental fatigue this guy went through. I can only imagine looking in the dryer for my polo on gameday morning and finding a 4XL White T-shirt that had accidentally made its way into the laundry. Or sitting to tie my shoes and noticing an empty bottle of Remy under the couch in the distance. I mean it was fun to get a good laugh at his expense, but I would think that having your wife's cell go off every 3 minutes with a "Lil Someone" ringtone blasting during breakfast would rattle even the most laser-focused of professionals.

Sounds like you know these things from experience.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sounds like you know these things from experience.

Meh. Sometimes the shot is there and you should take it. At other times, it’s just best to sit quietly and move on. The market doesn’t care where you own it, and you can’t wish your way out of a bad trade.

Don’t get me wrong. I appreciate the effort. I do. But it’s learning the subtleties of the moment, and the particular zing in question, that set the truly funny posts apart from just a guy randomly flying to Dayton, Ohio to say “jerk store”.

You’ll get there.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Meh. Sometimes the shot is there and you should take it. At other times, it’s just best to sit quietly and move on. The market doesn’t care where you own it, and you can’t wish your way out of a bad trade.

Don’t get me wrong. I appreciate the effort. I do. But it’s learning the subtleties of the moment, and the particular zing in question, that set the truly funny posts apart from just a guy randomly flying to Dayton, Ohio to say “jerk store”.

You’ll get there.

:woohoo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.