A few Monday morning Gator stats

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm ok with the circle, thought I understand those that wanted '06 Alabama helmets as well.

I'll go a step further. I'm a traditionalist and don't like a ton of change. But I'm also a minimalist. So as much as I do like the script, I'd take Saturday's helmets as the official going forward. It was just a great look, and certainly better than the F we've experimented with recently.
I’m glad someone else said it first. Gimme those helmets from here on out

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Davis has been lights out since the opening kickoff of the Miami game.

If we keep turning the ball over like this, it will kill us in games we should win or at least be close in. Ugh.

That and all the stupid assed unsportsmanlike penalties by retards acting a fool after a big break. It cost us a TD and enabled a turnover last week after the muffed punt.

krisl648

Founding Member
Life Long Gator!
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kinda like the "pants not covering the knee" penalty we got last year 1st qtr in the cocktail party. On a crucial 3rd down mind you....that gave them a first down. I pulled pics from the game and there were at least 500 uga players with the knees out not covered!!! Still pisses me off!!!!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Kinda like the "pants not covering the knee" penalty we got last year 1st qtr in the cocktail party. On a crucial 3rd down mind you....that gave them a first down. I pulled pics from the game and there were at least 500 uga players with the knees out not covered!!! Still pisses me off!!!!
THere was a stretch where WE LEARNED about new penalties with SOS. Those mofos despised him.........led the league in penalties each year with the HBC

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
College football rule change: No more pulling opponents off piles

Looks like it was a rule that went into effect in 2015. I had never seen it called in four years.

So we've established that one on us(garbage technicality), a grounding no-call on the first play, a PI that wasn't called, 2 more that were eventually thrown begrudgingly, a missed targeting head shot, and a terrible review of a spot that wasn't conclusive at all. And we won by 11 points.

Not defending Bowden, but when he was considering joining the SEC, his one stipulation was that he wouldn't have to play Alabama and Auburn in the same year. I'm sure their play on the field was part of it, and he wanted no part of the SEC grind in itself. But I also think he recognized the good ole boy element for what it was and wasn't going to deal with that.

We won, and it was a great game. But when you look at it from a cumulative standpoint, those calls/non-calls are egregious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator