A Good QB Isn't Hard to Find

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
At least we can now watch the chimp torpedoing his own team on another campus. As for competent QBs, the landscape is full of them. Just one last time trying to game-plan around TH's weaknesses and next year we can put a scoring O together that never mails in a loss.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe it is as simple as that. He had three different OCs, however.
Why? Whose fault is that?

Why can't you stop defending these fvkking morons?

Did that Dwag use the same love potion on you that he used on Fooley?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Anyway you look at it the WM debacle caused many effects. One for sure was good players who were ineptly coached and played horribly now doing well at other schools. I like the title of this thread. It's not hard to find.....Mac has found some, whether they're great remains to be seen. Perhaps he's got one in Del Rio who may serviceable. Surely can't be worse than what we have now.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
I think Del Rio will do pretty good, but I also think Franks will be his back up and will be called into duty sometime during the season and will surprise some folks... :grin:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
And Haskins just flipped to osu. I think taking Applebee hurt us there

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Once we got Franks... I don't think we really put a lot into Haskins. Franks was the guy we wanted and we got him. We got Allen coming in next year. If Del Rio is good then we really aren't in bad shape

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Once we got Franks... I don't think we really put a lot into Haskins. Franks was the guy we wanted and we got him. We got Allen coming in next year. If Del Rio is good then we really aren't in bad shape
Probably right.I think Allen is the future anyhow.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Probably right.I think Allen is the future anyhow.
Agree which could make Franks the odd man out if he RS this year, and probably why he wants to compete to play now before Allen gets on campus. From the little bit I've watch both, it looks like Allen is already a lot closer to ready to start than Franks, despite being a year behind.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Agree which could make Franks the odd man out if he RS this year, and probably why he wants to compete to play now before Allen gets on campus. From the little bit I've watch both, it looks like Allen is already a lot closer to ready to start than Franks, despite being a year behind.
Hard to predict the future but from the outside looking in it looks like that could happen.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

That sucks. I figured if he would ever flip it would be to us. But I know OSU was really pushing for him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That sucks. I figured if he would ever flip it would be to us. But I know OSU was really pushing for him.
Idk why any drop back passer would go there

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Franks might give us the ability to allow Allen a year for redshirt, and get used to college life... before it gets crazy.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Franks might give us the ability to allow Allen a year for redshirt, and get used to college life... before it gets crazy.
I think this is exactly how it plays out. Unless Franks lights it up in 2017, and 2018. Then leaves early and Allen starts in 2019 as a red-shirt Sophomore. It's not a bad situation for '17 and beyond.

If Del Rio lights it up next year and starts in 2017, Franks could end up the odd man out.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think this is exactly how it plays out. Unless Franks lights it up in 2017, and 2018. Then leaves early and Allen starts in 2019 as a red-shirt Sophomore. It's not a bad situation for '17 and beyond.

If Del Rio lights it up next year and starts in 2017, Franks could end up the odd man out.

Franks is the insurance recruit. His main role is to be the top backup and push the starter (after his redshirt year of course). If he plays himself into a starting role, then it's gravy for us because he has a lot of natural talent as it is and it will mean that the holes in his game are coached up. Even if Franks never plays a meaningful down for us, he's still an important part of rebuilding the QB position. I'm not going to bet against him, though, he seems highly motivated.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is the insurance recruit. His main role is to be the top backup and push the starter (after his redshirt year of course). If he plays himself into a starting role, then it's gravy for us because he has a lot of natural talent as it is and it will mean that the holes in his game are coached up. Even if Franks never plays a meaningful down for us, he's still an important part of rebuilding the QB position. I'm not going to bet against him, though, he seems highly motivated.
You are selling him short...his talent level is that of a starting SEC QB but he currently is very raw...it's macs job to coach that up...but that doesn't make him nothing more than a back up

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator