A Good QB Isn't Hard to Find

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You are selling him short...his talent level is that of a starting SEC QB but he currently is very raw...it's macs job to coach that up...but that doesn't make him nothing more than a back up

No, not selling him short, I'm just betting high on Allen. I've watched both of them play and I just think Allen has that "it" factor and while Franks has a lot of talent, he is extremely raw at the moment. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Franks outright win the starting job, though. Sorry, I guess I can see where it came out I was down on him. It's really down to splitting hairs and just my gut feeling about Allen.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You are selling him short...his talent level is that of a starting SEC QB but he currently is very raw...it's macs job to coach that up...but that doesn't make him nothing more than a back up

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I remember reading somewhere on this board that his high school coach isn't very good at coaching quarterbacks. So basically everything he has been doing has been based off his talent.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, not selling him short, I'm just betting high on Allen. I've watched both of them play and I just think Allen has that "it" factor and while Franks has a lot of talent, he is extremely raw at the moment. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Franks outright win the starting job, though. Sorry, I guess I can see where it came out I was down on him. It's really down to splitting hairs and just my gut feeling about Allen.
Gotcha, that makes a little more sense and could easily see why anyone would be super hick on Allen. Could be a really good problem to have.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I feel the same way about Allen, but I really like Franks' character and attitude. He could easily rise up.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Haskins was never coming here

I never said he was. I was saying he doesn't look like a good fit for that offense. I always thought he would end up in Maryland.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I never said he was. I was saying he doesn't look like a good fit for that offense. I always thought he would end up in Maryland.

Then why would talking to Applebee hurt us there? As your pervious statement...

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
are you having trouble with reading comprehension on your own posts now? Good grief man...

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
QB position actually looks bright... it's just the damn time that has to pass before experience and the talent meld.
To be included, we're an impatient lot when it comes to the confetti snap shots and hugging :cool:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
are you having trouble with reading comprehension on your own posts now? Good grief man...
What is your problem with me? If you don't like my post, put me on ignore dude.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What is your problem with me? If you don't like my post, put me on ignore dude.
it has nothing to do with you personally...you just seem to make a lot of posts that indicate you aren't quite following along correctly...just read along before commenting

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
it has nothing to do with you personally...you just seem to make a lot of posts that indicate you aren't quite following along correctly...just read along before commenting
t is "special" go easy on him. We keep him around for motivation :lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well I figured we was next in line if he were to leave Maryland's class.

Ok, because the statements didn't go together. I don't follow recruiting that much, unlike you and J. Who have an unnatural love to 17 year old boys. But the few times I heard of this kid, he was a Maryland kid, surprised he jump... might have to do with the new coaching change (D.J. Durkin).

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Probably your av.
Yea, what kind of loser has muschamp as an avatar? He should get a vacation just for that.
Now if only there was someone around that could take care of that. :scratchchin:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You guys can pick my av. I don't care about it.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I remember reading somewhere on this board that his high school coach isn't very good at coaching quarterbacks. So basically everything he has been doing has been based off his talent.

I commented once on that. I read an article stating as such. He comes from a real rural area and has had limited coaching. In many ways he has been self taught when it comes to the QB position. The artcile said while all these other elite recruits at the camps and all star games were calling their personal QB tutors after practices, he was calling home to check in with his family. His Father is or was in the Army and he comes from a highly disciplined and good mannered family.

His mother says she didn't care that he was some big shot recruit, he had to come home and do his chores after practice (which included cleaning the horse stables) just like everyone else. He pulled in the driveway from a hard days practice and went right out to the stables before even coming inside.

There is no elitist attitude or prima donna here. He and his family are basically the anti-Griers. I like'em already.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You guys can pick my av. I don't care about it.
tumblr_lnlgsfr4k31qkecwio1_500.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator