A little bit about the history of Nussy

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n249473 said:
I hate to say it but I think there is a chance we got a Foley blue light special here. My guess is Foley got Nuss on the cheap after that Michiugan debacle and the big buyout of McElwain..

I thought you were smart enough to know thatMac hired his assistants....but I was wrong. :(

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n249481 said:
Top ranked recruiting class every year, but yeah...no talent on that OL.

Yep their O line looked really dominant last season like the years prior. It wasn't even close imo to those of 2013 etc.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n249483 said:
I thought you were smart enough to know thatMac hired his assistants....but I was wrong. :(

Nuss was probably the one he had the best relationship with that fit into the financial possibilities. Where does Nuss rank with other OC's in the SEC as far as pay this upcoming season?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n249434 said:
Nick Saban once begged Nussmeier to call more passing plays :ugh: :ugh:

"Many questioned why Nussmeier decided to leave Alabama for Michigan University in 2014, especially since the Crimson Tide reached record offensive success during his time there.

This difference in coaching philosophy is believed to be why Nussmeier left for the Michigan position, ultimately making his way to Gainesville."

I don't mean to offend anyone who's retarded, but this article seems like it was written by a "special."

"Michigan University?" Really? What is that a Division III school I never heard of?

And who is it exactly that actually believes he left because of a "difference in coaching philosophy?" Saban brought Kiffin in at the end of the regular season to sniff around the offense. If having that obnoxious azzhole crawling up your ass while your game-planning for a bowl isn't enough writing on the wall for you than you're denser than a pile of bricks.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n249487 said:
I don't mean to offend anyone who's retarded, but this article seems like it was written by a "special."

"Michigan University?" Really? What is that a Division III school I never heard of?

And who is it exactly that actually believes he left because of a "difference in coaching philosophy?" Saban brought Kiffin in at the end of the regular season to sniff around the offense. If having that obnoxious azzhole crawling up your ass while your game-planning for a bowl isn't enough writing on the wall for you than your denser than a pile of bricks.

Look! Look! He's a sportswriter.... Whatever the eff that is these days.:lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n249486 said:
Nuss was probably the one he had the best relationship with that fit into the financial possibilities. Where does Nuss rank with other OC's in the SEC as far as pay this upcoming season?

I don't know. According to you, somewhere in the 10.00$ (in honor of t) range.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n249498 said:
I don't know. According to you, somewhere in the 10.00$ (in honor of t) range.

I am not sure what it is but knowing Foley and the situation at the time I doubt its at the top of the list. I am pretty sure he got a nice deal with the Miss State DC however when I saw that figure.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Look, for all we know Nutswinger may be a great coach. He may turn Fill Rear in the second cumming of Steve Spermier. He just doesn't have a track record that would suggest it.

I'm willing to give him a chance until he proves otherwise.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n249498 said:
10.00$ (in honor of t) range.
Indeed+_2c0c84b9268330787712b24a7e852048.gif

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJB;n249465 said:
So what if Bama threw it around more last year? I fully believe that if they relied more on the run game against Ohio St, then they would be national champs right now. Instead, Kiffin tried to pass for the heck of it, and it resulted in costly INTs.
This. Kiffen cost Bama another NC. You play to the strength of YOUR team.....If they had just pounded OSU in the second half they would have worn their defense out by the 4th quarter. The real weakness of Bama last year was their defense and with Kiffen turning the ball over and giving it back to OSU Bama's defense couldn't hold up. 60/40 is about right for a successful CFB offense if they have a decent offensive line. I have a feeling we'll be around 50/50 this year.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Gator Fever;n249486 said:
Nuss was probably the one he had the best relationship with that fit into the financial possibilities. Where does Nuss rank with other OC's in the SEC as far as [wins] this upcoming season?

That's what i'm talking about.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
Mac and Nuss have 3 NC's between them,so I'm good! BTW has Bama won a NC since either of them left??? Nope!

:burn:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, let's just write us off before we even begin. Such fans some of you are. If we win it won't be the acceptable level of run/pass to suit you. Geez..smh

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'll fully support Nussy until we have our first lousy play call and/or incomplete pass. Then he'll be on my sh^%$# list!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n249627 said:
I'll fully support Nussy until we have our first lousy play call and/or incomplete pass. Then he'll be on my sh^%$# list!

Seems fair.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
Mac and Nuss have 3 NC's between them,so I'm good!
Yeah, yeah, yeah. We are going to be just like Alabama bc we hired one of Saban's underlings.

Seems familiar. Oh yeah, I wonder why? Oh, yeah, now I remember.

Florida_Gators_Will_Muschamp_2012.jpg

dooley-cowboys.jpg

Yeah, I'm sure Saban could have never figured out the mysteries of the Give it to Trent Richardson and Run Up the Middle Offense without Ole Nusschamp.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I seen that coming a mile away

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Of course, it's a dumb argument. It's like saying Mullen and Daz are bound for success bc Creyer is a champion.

I'm just goofing. I was pretty happy with the offense at the spring game. I hope we see plenty of that and none of the Nusschamp offense.

I may watch it tomorrow to wash the taste of that article out of my mouth.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n249655 said:
Of course, it's a dumb argument. It's like saying Mullen and Daz are bound for success bc Creyer is a champion.

I'm just goofing. I was pretty happy with the offense at the spring game. I hope we see plenty of that and none of the Nusschamp offense.

I may watch it tomorrow to wash the taste of that article out of my mouth.

I was pleasantly surprised to see so much shotgun after watching some practice footage but as far as the offense I think it was just like the other Spring games to give the offense a little confidence because when we had most of our starters in for both sides the defense was winning the show and then quite a few 2nd teamers on defense were put out there and all at once it looked OK. Also I am surprised they let it leak out with so little practice footage released but there is 20 yard line red zone passing drills with Grier going on in one of them (I think that is what it was) and every play was thrown out of bounds or intercepted just about it seemed with our starting secondary in there or previous starting ones - might have been JC jackson instead of Tabor possibly. It reminded me of the stories leaking out in previous years about the offense struggling when the defense was allowed to bring it some.

I refuse to buy into the offense is turned around until I see it against Tennessee as we might try and run it up against the early patsies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.