A little video history

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Just found this one. From the Ed Sullivan Show. He had the All Americans on. The showed Floyd Little and said Steve Spurrier. The mistake is obvious. Floyd was a fantastic RB (syracuse maybe). Then they show Bob Griese who looks like he has a flaming hemorrhoid (Remember SOS beat him out for the Heisman). Then later Ed calls steve out to fix the mistake and says he is from Univ of Miami..............Amazing video.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I honestly thought (when I saw Griese's face) they were gonna say they cut to him when they announced the winner of
the Heisman.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Think of all the implications (talking heads) if something like that happened today.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Really.

SOS labeled himself the "Head Ball Coach" nearly twenty years ago. The morons at BSPN decided to change it to the "Ole Ball Coach" so I try and correct people whenever possible for accuracy purposes. In addition, I don't want any gator fan to quote anything stated on BSPN because it hurts their credibility.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Really.

SOS labeled himself the "Head Ball Coach" nearly twenty years ago. The morons at BSPN decided to change it to the "Ole Ball Coach" so I try and correct people whenever possible for accuracy purposes. In addition, I don't want any gator fan to quote anything stated on BSPN because it hurts their credibility.

Thats understandable. I thought you never heard the Ole Ball Coach before. I get it.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just found this one. From the Ed Sullivan Show. He had the All Americans on. The showed Floyd Little and said Steve Spurrier. The mistake is obvious. Floyd was a fantastic RB (syracuse maybe). Then they show Bob Griese who looks like he has a flaming hemorrhoid (Remember SOS beat him out for the Heisman). Then later Ed calls steve out to fix the mistake and says he is from Univ of Miami..............Amazing video.

Griese never got over losing the Heisman to SOS. He carried grudge against SOS for decades a may still to this day.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
But he won a super bowl and had a great pro career. So he got some vindication. But you are correct.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This video is hilarious. Mainly because Spurrier's mannerisms are no different now than when he was an All-American.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Floyd Little was one of a long line of great running backs at Syracuse including Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, Larry Csonka, Jim Nance and Joe Morris. Floyd was a graduate of Hillhouse High School in New Haven, Connecticut and went on to play for the Denver Broncos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.