A walk down University Ave circa 1992

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
I was there from 88 to 93. Don't remember as much as I would like. Central City and their hot bods contest on Thursdays was a staple. As was Dubs when my roommate was bouncing and would let me in. I ate at Joe's weekly and saw the running man daily. Also loved Skeeters and that bar at the oaks mall right across from the movie theater. Don't remember it's name.
Central City was just the best, didn't miss many Thursdays, that's for sure. I think Congo Craig's was upstairs? I think that might have been 21 and up though.

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
Don’t remember that, what class and what was the challenge?
It was a marketing course, not sure which but it was a huge one in Carlton, and he did the same test every year. He would blindfold a student and feed him random selections of Coke and Sprite. He said most years the student would fail to tell them apart before they made it to the 10th trial. The year I took the class a guy failed on the sixth trial.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Central City was just the best, didn't miss many Thursdays, that's for sure. I think Congo Craig's was upstairs? I think that might have been 21 and up though.
I LOVED Congo Craig’s... wasn’t it on top of Florida Theater downtown? Tiki torches are still on roof 25 years later

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.