Aaron Hernandez found GUILTY

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Selecting just one proponent of thugism out of 12 shouldn't be too hard in voir dire, in that area of the country.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The real question is, if he is found not guilty... does his all American brick return on UF campus?

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n205852 said:
I think his lawyer got one of the state's witnesses to say that could have been an I phone or something like that when shown at another angle on one of the videos at least.
Kyle Aspinwall, from Glock Inc., testified as an expert witness for the prosecution.
Glock expert Kyle Aspinwall While on the stand Aspinwall pointed out unique features of a .45 Glock, which is the model weapon prosecutors say was used to kill Lloyd. The murder weapon has never been recovered.
Prosecutors then showed Aspinwall still pictures of surveillance video taken inside Hernandez’s home.
Aspinwall said it was his opinion Hernandez was holding a gun in those photos and – pointing out defining features – that the gun was a Glock pistol.

Yeah, I suppose the Glock and a 5c share similar features.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n205875 said:
Kyle Aspinwall, from Glock Inc., testified as an expert witness for the prosecution.
Glock expert Kyle Aspinwall While on the stand Aspinwall pointed out unique features of a .45 Glock, which is the model weapon prosecutors say was used to kill Lloyd. The murder weapon has never been recovered.
Prosecutors then showed Aspinwall still pictures of surveillance video taken inside Hernandez’s home.
Aspinwall said it was his opinion Hernandez was holding a gun in those photos and – pointing out defining features – that the gun was a Glock pistol.

Yeah, I suppose the Glock and a 5c share similar features.

On the CNN feature last night his lawyer got someone to say at one angle of the video it was possible that was an I phone. It may have been that witness I cant remember for sure.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n205760 said:
The actual gun? A witness to the shooting? Nothing shows that AH pulled the trigger or planned for the killing to happen.
Yep...for all we know they were just going out there to smoke that J

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The actual gun? A witness to the shooting? Nothing shows that AH pulled the trigger or planned for the killing to happen.

The circumstantial evidence is strong but after watching highlights of the trial on CNN late last night I think his lawyer may have spun the jury enough to get a hung jury or possibly even a not guilty. It could definitely go either way.

Sgt. Schultz

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2015
That sounds reasonable, and with the evidence that the prosecution was allowed to present, I see Hernandez either being acquitted or found guilty of a far lesser charge than 1st Degree Murder. I just can't see the "beyond a reasonable doubt" burden being met by the prosecution. But you never know what a jury is thinking.

Dec 10, 2014

The gun would be helpful but the prosecution has put in very favorable evidence that explains why it's not present and has compensated for it with other direct evidence (video of him with the same model, same shell casings found in his apartment).

Witnesses to crimes are certainly helpful but in cases like these they are often dead.

The prosecution doesn't need to prove AH pulled the trigger. The circumstances of the killing are enough to show it was planned, and the defense isn't contesting that it was planned. They are only contesting that Hernandez was an innocent bystander.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess theres always a silver lining to this kind of story.
Hernandez became a father on Nov. 6 and said he intended to change his ways: “Now, another one is looking up to me. I can’t just be young and reckless Aaron no more. I’m going to try to do the right things.”

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n205886 said:
The gun would be helpful but the prosecution has put in very favorable evidence that explains why it's not present and has compensated for it with other direct evidence (video of him with the same model, same shell casings found in his apartment).

Witnesses to crimes are certainly helpful but in cases like these they are often dead.

The prosecution doesn't need to prove AH pulled the trigger. The circumstances of the killing are enough to show it was planned, and the defense isn't contesting that it was planned. They are only contesting that Hernandez was an innocent bystander.

No, the evidence doesn't show that a murder was planned, only that a meeting was planned.

Dec 10, 2014
WobbleGator;n205924 said:
No, the evidence doesn't show that a murder was planned, only that a meeting was planned.

Are you suggesting that to convict somebody of murder the prosecutor would have to show some elaborate scheme be proven? Like "I didn't plan to kill him. We got there, and at the last minute I just took out a gun and shot him, so I'm innocent." All the DA has to show is that he had intent to kill him. All the circumstantial evidence revolving around this case is just cake.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n205950 said:
Are you suggesting that to convict somebody of murder the prosecutor would have to show some elaborate scheme be proven? Like "I didn't plan to kill him. We got there, and at the last minute I just took out a gun and shot him, so I'm innocent." All the DA has to show is that he had intent to kill him. All the circumstantial evidence revolving around this case is just cake.

What evidence did they show that showed AH had intent to kill the victim?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sgt. Schultz;n205885 said:
That sounds reasonable, and with the evidence that the prosecution was allowed to present, I see Hernandez either being acquitted or found guilty of a far lesser charge than 1st Degree Murder. I just can't see the "beyond a reasonable doubt" burden being met by the prosecution. But you never know what a jury is thinking.
Nice of you to take Winston's d!ck out of your mouth for long enough to join us again.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Surely the prosecution "layed out" that AH, the only "filthy rich" person those guys knew, was their leader. All 3, including
Lloyd, were AH's followers. Hell, Lloyd even followed AH to what he suspected (text to sis) would be his execution.
The presence of several guns in Hernandez's house were testified to by the maids. Yet the police search found none.
Valuable trial stuff was swept clean from that house. Why if innocence was his mindset ?

Anyway, defense admitted AH was there. The guys all-time leader was right there. So repulsed that he smoked a joint,
drove far late in the night to pick up the target at target's home around 2:30. (The leader wants to go home to sleep. "You
guys go get him and do it. Thanks. Ole 40-mil$ will be beholding to you.") AH is the multiple shooter, nobody does
anything AH would get mad about.

If the Mafia were still in same high gear, AH would have a perfect career = hit man. Don't you think
that that is his mentality ? Hit-men had to come from some portion of the population.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, cause he had tattoos all over his Hawaiian ass. They just punched Zokar's ticket in Boston. One more sorry scumbag down.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe they have already found him guilty of murder and are now diliberating the gun charges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.