Aaron Hernandez found GUILTY

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
LagoonGator68;n211830 said:
'09 was when they all got drunk before the Bama game with Gonzales pre knowledge. Newton was going to get suspended for repeated cheating. Making Addazio the OC was a death knell. The '10 O line coached themselves and only tried when the "sun, moon and planets" aligned per Carl Johnson and Pouncey didn't care where the snaps went.

The arrests had died down quite a bit though by 2009. Aside from the DUI, it wasn't a terrible year in that regard. And I actually think Newton may have handled things differently if the circumstances were different. Just an opinion. I also think we would've had a better shot of landing a great QB with only one big name QB on the roster behind Tebow. Instead we get Reed, and then Burton. Now, an argument can be made that Meyer had become lazy, resulting in those 2. But I think guys like Murray saw what was in front of them and said no thanks. Then one bails, the other is terrible, and we're suddenly an offense that looks like the Bad News Bears.

I'll give you that Daz was awful, but I'mnot convinced anyone could've done anything with JB. I think that team just gave up all around.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Newton doesn't cheat on his tests, Meyer has 4 or 5 NC's right now and is still in Gainesville.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n211851 said:
If Newton doesn't cheat on his tests, Meyer has 4 or 5 NC's right now and is still in Gainesville.

Things were starting to unravel - Newton was a special talent - would we have had him for 1 or 2 years? Thought it would've been just one season.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n211878 said:
Things were starting to unravel - Newton was a special talent - would we have had him for 1 or 2 years? Thought it would've been just one season.

Newton would have hid our issues at Offensive line one more season. When you have a quarterback of Tim and Cam's mobility it hids a lot of offensive line issues, which were starting to show even in 2009.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n211894 said:
Newton would have hid our issues at Offensive line one more season. When you have a quarterback of Tim and Cam's mobility it hids a lot of offensive line issues, which were starting to show even in 2009.

What, playing stoned? They had the ability.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n211902 said:
What, playing stoned? They had the ability.

WE have had an underperforming line for a while, it started to show in 2009. Tebow's ability to run and not get knocked down by the first hit covered a lot of our problems. Cam did the same thing for Auburn on their title run, and would have done the same for us in 2010. Having ability and actually playing to that ability are two completely different topics. But there were a good number of misses in the Urban era on the Offensive line and Muschamp didn't find the offensive line important enough to recruit regularly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does ANYONE (other than Gator Fever) think he's innnocent?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n214688 said:
Does ANYONE (other than Gator Fever) think he's innnocent?
You'll see once he wins his appeal and you guys will finally quit slandering his good name

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n214713 said:
You'll see once he wins his appeal and you guys will finally quit slandering his good name

Hahaha???

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.