Alchy's Drunken Musings - UT Game

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know what you are thinking....we're back!!!!

No we're not back. We played a shytty UT game coached by a peckerwood. If McElshyte's was our coach, I'm not sure how this would've turned out. Mullen is an upgrade over that d!cklicker and not even Law can argue that, but onto the game.

Offensively, I saw some progress even though it was shytty competition. The OL played better, but they'll get jackslapped by the better DLines. Just from the looks of it, Franks continues to make better reads on the plays. Not saying passing progressions, but when to keep and give and yada yada. He made some bonehead decisions in the passing game, and one gamble worked, which scares me moving forward. Scarlett seems to be coming into form, we need to get Toney the ball more, Cleveland continues to show a high ceiling, and Pierce had another big run. Continue to be impressed by Swain's progress.

I think Reese's return was notable on defense. This side of the ball made some big plays again. Again, some progress, but don't get carried away. Nice to see Mullin coaching some guys up who made some mistakes and explaining what the situation was. Butter's would be too busy surrender cobra-ing to coach anyone.

We have two of the best kickers in College Football. Kickoff and punt coverage seemed better. Nothing too special in the return game this week and no blocks.

Overall, we got some breaks and bytch slapped UT. I think we would've won without all the big plays. People will want to overreact to this game, but it was against a real shytty UT team. I still don't expect a win next week, but after the UK win, maybe we'll find something to use on tape. We're making progress, but it will be slow. Enjoy the win, it's always feels good to beat UT.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

No we're not back. We played a shytty UT game coached by a peckerwood. If McElshyte's was our coach, I'm not sure how this would've turned out. Mullen is an upgrade over that d!cklicker and not even Law can argue that, but onto the game.

Offensively, I saw some progress even though it was shytty competition. The OL played better, but they'll get jackslapped by the better DLines. Just from the looks of it, Franks continues to make better reads on the plays. Not saying passing progressions, but when to keep and give and yada yada. He made some bonehead decisions in the passing game, and one gamble worked, which scares me moving forward. Scarlett seems to be coming into form, we need to get Toney the ball more, Cleveland continues to show a high ceiling, and Pierce had another big run. Continue to be impressed by Swain's progress.

I think Reese's return was notable on defense. This side of the ball made some big plays again. Again, some progress, but don't get carried away. Nice to see Mullin coaching some guys up who made some mistakes and explaining what the situation was. Butter's would be too busy surrender cobra-ing to coach anyone.

We have two of the best kickers in College Football. Kickoff and punt coverage seemed better. Nothing too special in the return game this week and no blocks.

Overall, we got some breaks and bytch slapped UT. I think we would've won without all the big plays. People will want to overreact to this game, but it was against a real shytty UT team. I still don't expect a win next week, but after the UK win, maybe we'll find something to use on tape. We're making progress, but it will be slow. Enjoy the win, it's always feels good to beat UT.

How would you describe UT?

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016

Correct. UT=:poop:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is not Cogitations, it's not even Scurvy. It's Bad Bourbon.

Back to sleep.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This should be sticky’d

michael-scott-thats-what-she-said.jpg

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017

Agreed.

And I'll add my own observation to this point. We are only 4 games in, but games are going the way they should go. Unlike with the last two coaches, we are crushing inferior competition and working hard to stay in games where we are overmatched. I watched some of that Kentucky game yesterday and they are legit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.