Anthony Richardson drafted 4th overall to the Colts

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think we've entered what amounts to phase 3 of the Richardson draft look.

The first phase was determining how much his reputation for inconsistency would precede him. He shrugged off the deep doubters by making it into many pundits' early top 10.

The second phase was weighing the beauty pageant that is the combine. No surprise there. Richardson wowed the field and surged as high as the top pick overall.

It's the final phase where the gravity of the task fully takes hold. The luster from the combine is wearing off. The question marks that dogged Richardson coming in are back front and center. Most mock drafts I've seen of late have him going 7-12, the lowest pick among those belonging to the Texans.

Out of the top 10 may be where Richardson belongs, away from the spotlight but still very much a major focus of the taker's future plans. If anyone is going to tap all that raw potential, they'll need to be deliberate and agonizingly patient. The reward could be worth the wait.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
id love to see him go #1 just so we could finally claim a #1 in the NFL draft. Highest we've had is a 2 or 3 - Gerrard Warren and Kyle Pitts.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be shocked if he went later than #4. NFL GM's can't help themselves, these are the same guys that took Kyle Boller in the first round because he could throw a ball through the uprights on his knee at the 50 yard line.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I'd be shocked if he went later than #4. NFL GM's can't help themselves, these are the same guys that took Kyle Boller in the first round because he could throw a ball through the uprights on his knee at the 50 yard line.
You're wrong... when it is all said and done, Trubisky will one day prove to be 10x the QB that Mahomes ever hoped to be.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Mertz is going to be our first next draft

With this talk of Stroud failing to handle basic word search/crossword puzzle challenges and falling out of the 1st, I’ve heard grumbling that Mertz may reclassify and crash the draft party this year.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
With this talk of Stroud failing to handle basic word search/crossword puzzle challenges and falling out of the 1st, I’ve heard grumbling that Mertz may reclassify and crash the draft party this year.
Oh I get it. He is into drawing and designing blueprints.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Oh I get it. He is into drawing and designing blueprints.

Word going around the combine is he just kept tracing his hand and doing the little house with the smoke stack. The real turn off though, was his snickering at finding the word “ASS” in the word search. They’re not even taking his calls anymore and have asked him to join a WhatsApp thread.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Have you seen the leaked footage of Stroud taking his S2 exam?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Have you seen the leaked footage of Stroud taking his S2 exam?

peter griffin dispose of evidence GIF by HULU

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
yeah some draft so called experts have AR going number 5 and others have him dropping all the way down to 15 so we will see

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I still believe that this is a huge career mistake for Vernell Brown but I hope it works out for him.
I am going to take the other side of this topic. VB will probably make a lot more money in the short run. If for some reason Tony fails, VB could probably land a job back in the college ranks. Not sure what VB's job will be with Tony, but maybe it is to keep him out of bad situations or a more personal protector (something Ron Mexico needed instead of dog fighting) and if Tony is successful maybe VB will pick up others in the future or when Tony no longer needs a protector, etc.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I am going to take the other side of this topic. VB will probably make a lot more money in the short run. If for some reason Tony fails, VB could probably land a job back in the college ranks. Not sure what VB's job will be with Tony, but maybe it is to keep him out of bad situations or a more personal protector (something Ron Mexico needed instead of dog fighting) and if Tony is successful maybe VB will pick up others in the future or when Tony no longer needs a protector, etc.

What if Tony eventually determines he doesn’t need Vernell around anymore and tells him to step off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.