Anthony Richardson

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I wouldn't say he is mentally slow, that suggests he's dumb. He's not dumb....he has a confidence issue.

He's been built up to be the second coming of Superman, and his physical abilities speak to that. What is clear though, is he hasn't been taught how to handle adversity, like at all. As soon as he's rattled, he's fuched.

This staff needs to coach him up, and quickly, how to forget the last play and dial in on the next. The best quarterbacks let nothing bother them.
It's hard to play good cop bad cop with him when his HC, OC and QB coach are all the same guy. A game like this one needs the HC or OC to tell him to get his head out of his azz and stop feeling sorry for himself and lead the team or he will be on the bench. Then the QB coach to sit down with him, show him what's going wrong and what he needs to do different when he goes back in, and generally build up his confidence.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe this has already been mentioned but they kept saying there were more than 20 NFL Scouts there. Maybe that got to AR and he either got cocky or nervous. He seemed to be forcing everything and not being relaxed.
I think he was too hyped early…probably due directly to having those scouts in attendance. Overthrew almost every ball. As the game went on and he also couldn’t find any running lanes, his accuracy and confidence just seemed to fade away IMO.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I don’t wear panties. And you’re still wrong. We will be “out-talented” by 3 teams this season. And we haven’t seen any of them yet. Now, I don’t disagree that the disparity is nowhere near what it used to be. That’s partly to Stoops’ credit and partly our own doing. But there’s a reason even guys like WM, Zook and JM didn’t lose to Uk, and it has nothing to do with their coaching abilities. Sooner or later, one of our guys would step up and win it. We aren’t light years beyond them like during much of the SS or UM days, but we have more talent regardless of what you insist. We lose games like last night because we were properly motivated and/or coached. Nothing more.
3 outta the last 5? C'mon man we may not even be as talented as UT but we'll find out in a couple of weeks.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Another QB had a bad game. Worked out well in the end. Screenshot_20220911_170719.jpg

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Instead of making a few people here mad let me explain something.....Gene Cheesed!ck and The Oger who are certainly in the bottom 10 of coaches to go through the SEC in the last 15 years both won NC's......let that sink in for a second before jumping up and down and getting mad.

The difference was uber talent and ALWAYS will be in CFB. Yes a better coach with equal talents wins more times than not but we don't know enough about BN to make a decision yet.....plain and simple we DON'T have the Jimmy's and Joe's.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
3 outta the last 5? C'mon man we may not even be as talented as UT but we'll find out in a couple of weeks.

You really think GaSouthern and Vanderbilt were more talented than WM’s 2013 team? You think Usce had any business blowing us out last year with a transfer from like D3 at quarterback? How about Marshall and ND yesterday? Neck and neck talent wise there as well? They have more continuity than us, which was true last week as well. That’s it. The difference? We had a much better overall plan last week, made better calls, and didn’t turn it over twice in critical spots.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
UT fast offense in thier home will be a challenge for our defense. Thier defense sucks balls though.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You really think GaSouthern and Vanderbilt were more talented than WM’s 2013 team? You think Usce had any business blowing us out last year with a transfer from like D3 at quarterback? How about Marshall and ND yesterday? Neck and neck talent wise there as well? They have more continuity than us, which was true last week as well. That’s it. The difference? We had a much better overall plan last week, made better calls, and didn’t turn it over twice in critical spots.
All of that is different than our situation.....It's not an upset when UK beats un anymore in case you haven't noticed....or Mizzou, or UT, or USCe....

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
All of that is different than our situation.....It's not an upset when UK beats un anymore in case you haven't noticed....

I dint disagree there. It’s why games like 2018 were so critical. They weren’t intimidated at all last night. But just because they can play with us doesn’t mean they have the same talent. That’s literally the crux of your argument. They don’t. They’ve developed very well, upped their talent from where it was, and coaches not scared. Now this team sees a beatable opponent on the other side, where they used to be ready to get back on the bus by Q2. That’s the difference.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I dint disagree there. It’s why games like 2018 were so critical. They weren’t intimidated at all last night. But just because they can play with us doesn’t mean they have the same talent. That’s literally the crux of your argument. They don’t. They’ve developed very well, upped their talent from where it was, and coaches not scared. Now this team sees a beatable opponent on the other side, where they used to be ready to get back on the bus by Q2. That’s the difference.
Out of 22 positions on the LOS how many do you think we are better than them at?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
UT fast offense in thier home will be a challenge for our defense. Thier defense sucks balls though.
I would say it should be a track meet then but I haven't nor do I expect pinball type numbers from our offense but things can change and teams make a lot of changes in the first few weeks of the season.....I think we got lucky last week that Utah was rebuilding their defense.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I don’t care if it was only his third start, the truly special QBs pretty much shine from the moment they step on the field and don’t have complete no show stinkers like tonight.
Joe Burrow just chucked 4 ints in his season opener. Not to mention he lost to the 2018 Dan Mullen-lead Gators before going on his run.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Looked like a sad little puppy all night, that’s not something a Cam Newton or Vince Young type generational player would ever show on the sidelines regardless of mistakes. Did not see the same fire to get back out there and put the team on his back like the best ones possess, AR just don’t got it.
Looked like something was wrong. Did he get stoned before the game? Did his dog/grandma die prior to kickoff? Gamblers blackmailing him? Agents? Last week the kid was worth a $100 Million. Today, not so much. Something was definitely wrong from the get go.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Out of 22 positions on the LOS how many do you think we are better than them at?

I have no idea. Again, you are confusing “better than” with actual talent. But we lived in their backfield and they struggled to run, so I’d say our front four was better than their OL.

Anyway, this game was essentially lost on two plays. One of our most gifted athletes on the field handed them 14 points on horrific bad place. We lost by 10. That’s your game..

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
It's hard to play good cop bad cop with him when his HC, OC and QB coach are all the same guy. A game like this one needs the HC or OC to tell him to get his head out of his azz and stop feeling sorry for himself and lead the team or he will be on the bench. Then the QB coach to sit down with him, show him what's going wrong and what he needs to do different when he goes back in, and generally build up his confidence.
Thankfully, we have 2 OL coaches instead. We really used that to our advantage. Anyone have a clue why AR didn't run the dang ball more to open up the pass. Tebow used to suck until he got one or two hits on him to get him over the nerves. Maybe that's what AR needs to get his head straight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator