Antonio Brown quits in the middle of a game, throws gear into stands, cut by Bucs

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We all know people that sabotage their lives for some reason. Things can be going well, and it's almost like they can't handle normalcy, so find a way to fuchs it up. They can't seem to survive without drama - if there isn't any, they create it. You see it in relationships all the time - things are going well and all of a sudden BOOM - someone goes batshyt crazy. I'm sure there is some psychoanalysis name for it, but I don't know what it is. It's sad to see.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
He's a childlike prima-donna .........
"a very temperamental person with an inflated view of their own talent or importance.
modifier noun: prima-donna".

The Buc's gave him every chance to succeed and this is how he repays them. Unfortunately another team will sign him based on talent not character.
He quit on a tom brady team that has superbowl aspirations. No one is touching him

Last edited:

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
We all know people that sabotage their lives for some reason. Things can be going well, and it's almost like they can't handle normalcy, so find a way to fuchs it up. They can't seem to survive without drama - if there isn't any, they create it. You see it in relationships all the time - things are going well and all of a sudden BOOM - someone goes batshyt crazy. I'm sure there is some psychoanalysis name for it, but I don't know what it is. It's sad to see.
WOuldn't be surprised if theres some CTE in this. Very least severe bipolar. Brady basically told the bucs to get him, gave him a chance at his career.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
The Bucs had every intention of getting him the numbers he needed over the next two games to get his million, that I'm sure of. I don't think this had anything to do with his incentives.
Especially with brady who made sure to do that with I think mike evans last year? Brady would make absolutely sure AB got those catches

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
He's a childlike prima-donna .........
"a very temperamental person with an inflated view of their own talent or importance.
modifier noun: prima-donna".

The Buc's gave him every chance to succeed and this is how he repays them. Unfortunately another team will sign him based on talent not character.

And it’s almost always WRs.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

It seems like something akin to borderline personality disorder. Once the switch is flipped everything associated with the person/organization/moment becomes entirely negative. And it’s chronic. That’s my 5 cent psychoanalysis.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He's mentally ill.

I thought it was funny as hell :shrugs:

Remember MLB's Jimmy Piersall.? Hit a homerun and proceeded to run the bases backward.? Then cogently argued with the umpire (who called it an out) about what difference did which way make.? Piersall'a antics were plenty confusing but they were without anger and entertaining. He was institutionalized for a while, then returned to playing. He wound up with 25 grandchildren, so, overall he navigated well.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
You have to wonder why he keeps getting so many second chances. I guess everyone bets on him making those sensational plays of yore while overcoming the mental illness, addiction, or whatever it is that causes him to shti on everything he touches. Kinda like dating that girl or guy that can make you feel like you’re in heaven momentarily and then run through your savings and wreck your credit immediately afterward. Another talented bum gone awry in the NFL / sports world. Imagine that.
Before dating that hot girl (Tiffany?) who may potentially wreck your savings, credit, career and your Audi, take a few minutes and review the Universal Hot Crazy Matrix. The Bucs and the other NFL teams should have a similar matrix before selecting wide receivers.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
Mentally ill, CTEs, borderline personality disorder, bipolar, irritable bowel syndrome, diva with vaginitis, etc. etc.—all may be true. But it might be that he’s just an azzhole.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

That’s a pretty good assessment of Antonio Brown. His career going back to the beginning, in Pittsburgh, with Arians as OC, was littered with examples of childish selfishness. There was the domestic violence charge involving the mother of his children. A lawsuit alleging he raped a former trainer. The fallouts with four teams punctuated by yesterday’s prime-time drama.

Asked a week ago about the suspension over a fake Covid card, Brown bellyached that the media was “all about drama.” Really?

So don’t feel sorry for this guy. Don’t try to give him an out over the notion that he has CTE or that he came from an underprivileged background in Miami. Screw all that. Brown deliberately chose the path he road. He’ll live with the consequences.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What a racist thread.
Exactly the sentiment I was feeling when ox posted this. Given that a white guy hasn't done anything like this in 70 years (@rogdochar Jimmy Peirsall), and given that we get another one of these crazy incidents weekly from any number of African American wide receivers, you'd have to conclude ox's intentions are purely racist. It's as if ox is oblivious to the world we live in today. #blacklivesmatter.

On a completely unrelated note, I have a friend who obtained a fake vaccine card so he could travel overseas. Bold, heroic move by my MAGA-hat-wearing maverick friend, I must say. He's a hero to me for bucking the establishment.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
We removed the accountability principle a half century ago and replaced it with the Benjamin Principle...just my $.02...Go Gators...:jog:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Antonio Brown Lament

All those self-limitations you conceive,
just rest on talents you always decry.
So your mind proves what you cannot achieve,
using all efforts you never apply.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
As a life long Steeler fan I have to say I was not surprised to see AB melt down. He self destructed in Pittsburgh while playing for one of the games biggest player coaches in Tomlin. Then goes to the Raiders to play for another players coach and totally F's up in record time.
The Bucs knew what they were getting and as Arians said, as long as he helps us win he is part of the team.
How much of his destruction is due to CTE I don't know. However the risk here looks substantial. Does he end up like Seau and Hernandez, destroying himself, or does he end up like former player Phillip Adams who killed 6 people in South Carolina, before committing suicide? All diagnosed with some stage of CTE. Having experienced a family suicide, I know how it scars those left behind. However the worse case scenario is what happened in South Carolina. AB is definitely a first class jerk. However at this point if he has family or friends that care about him, they may want to reach out and try to help.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
However at this point if he has family or friends that care about him, they may want to reach out and try to help.
He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who wants help. He's more likely to tell you to go eff yourself.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I watch little to no NFL.

This is one reason.

I remember the Tom Landry days...He traded one of his best players...Hollywood Henderson for having a mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.