Antonio Callaway

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Both are South Florida kids. That's why you have to pull receivers from there. Speed kills.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That was more a dig at those who get all upset star rankings and to make a point of what a crap shoot it is. Treon Was a 4 star for eff sake .
And we just HAD to have Treon. He was going to be something special.

Special alright.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Callaway is fun to watch and I'm really grateful that we have him. I don't think he's a burner as some have suggested, I think he has better than average WR speed, but not Percy / Demps / Rainey. I doubt he's the fastest WR on the team. What makes him special are his skills and abilities. He is consistent and good at catching the football, hauling in multiple one-handed grabs this year. He "gets it" with a natural knack for using his body to shield defenders, field awareness and the ability to create space while running routes.

I don't think he's nearly the freak athlete that Riddley appears to be, but I'm stoked that we have him, because he's a playmaker. I hope we capitalize on having him even more next year.

:chomp:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's a difference maker. Been a while since we had one of those around here. Glad he's a Gator!
:chomp:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
So glad we got him! He's definitely fun to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That was more a dig at those who get all upset star rankings and to make a point of what a crap shoot it is. Treon Was a 4 star for eff sake .

Rankings aren't a crapshoot. What a ridiculous statement. Do some not pan out and do some that some lower ranked players become superstars? Sure. More often than not, they are right. And by a wide margin.

And when you have a coaching staff like Chump, it just destroys any type of talent on the offense.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've run out of superlatives to describe Callaway.

Did anyone else notice him catch Bama's last kickoff with one hand Odell Beckham Jr. style? Did it like it was nothing.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Great, not good Freshman receiver. Can't wait to see what he does in the rest of his Gator career. Hopefully he has someone to throw him the damn ball next year.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Callaway shines even with an undeserving QB - Callaway et. al. deserve a much more
effective throwing QB. We may have several receivers with many more stellar plays
had the QB led them properly with the throw. Let's not waste any more star players in
2016 ! Sad that McGee will be gone. Pro careers can be ruined by a bad coach and by
a bad QB ... I guess RBs NFL chances can be hurt by a poor OL. Let's get it all together, 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator