Antonio Callaway

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've run out of superlatives to describe Callaway.

Did anyone else notice him catch Bama's last kickoff with one hand Odell Beckham Jr. style? Did it like it was nothing.
I did see that and it was definitely effortless.

He is a great talent and to quote Mac here "I'm sure glad he's a Gator!"

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
<Calloway dreams> ^^^^^Drop-back, pocket presence, progression master, nifty feet, gunslinger QB starts for Florida^^^^^

Go Gators!!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Right now our most talented player on Offense according to NFL scouts (per NFL network and ESPN)

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He is very mature in the way he plays. He has the football IQ of a veteran. Instead of outrunning deep balls and having to fight against the defender to get back to the ball like our WRs have for years he gets open then slows down to use his body as a shield and catches the ball over his shoulder. That is something that a lot of receivers never learn. Add to that he has a very solid frame and plays much quicker than his measurable would suggest. He is one of those easy runners that chews up yards and make it look effortless (ie. Percy).

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Callaway is fun to watch and I'm really grateful that we have him. I don't think he's a burner as some have suggested, I think he has better than average WR speed, but not Percy / Demps / Rainey. I doubt he's the fastest WR on the team. What makes him special are his skills and abilities. He is consistent and good at catching the football, hauling in multiple one-handed grabs this year. He "gets it" with a natural knack for using his body to shield defenders, field awareness and the ability to create space while running routes.

I don't think he's nearly the freak athlete that Riddley appears to be, but I'm stoked that we have him, because he's a playmaker. I hope we capitalize on having him even more next year.
:chomp:

Less of the 'athletic' gift, though he's had some nifty one handed catches; more of the 'mentally gets it' in that he recognizes when a play breaks down and what to do to help his QB, that he can read the blocks and make the most of his catch. Honestly, I've been most impressed with his bailing the QB out late in a play than by his physical accomplishments. He may not be much of a leader, being only a freshman, but I see him as the VH3 on the offense and in a position to lead all the incoming WRs with guidance on how to become better - execute the routes, but that's not the end of the job. The job is to do anything and everything you can to help the team - throw blocks for team mates, circle back and drag an open space if the QB has rolled out to buy time after the routes were run, etc. If JC Worton is a crsipon routes as I've heard, and with Calloway's on-field examples, I think we have the foundation to start building WRU. That, of course, hinges on having a functional QB which I believe is coming shortly and salivating at the opportunity. It'll be fun to see what happens when our offense a) can throw, and b ) has more than one name to look for downfield.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:chomp:

Less of the 'athletic' gift, though he's had some nifty one handed catches; more of the 'mentally gets it' in that he recognizes when a play breaks down and what to do to help his QB, that he can read the blocks and make the most of his catch. Honestly, I've been most impressed with his bailing the QB out late in a play than by his physical accomplishments. He may not be much of a leader, being only a freshman, but I see him as the VH3 on the offense and in a position to lead all the incoming WRs with guidance on how to become better - execute the routes, but that's not the end of the job. The job is to do anything and everything you can to help the team - throw blocks for team mates, circle back and drag an open space if the QB has rolled out to buy time after the routes were run, etc. If JC Worton is a crsipon routes as I've heard, and with Calloway's on-field examples, I think we have the foundation to start building WRU. That, of course, hinges on having a functional QB which I believe is coming shortly and salivating at the opportunity. It'll be fun to see what happens when our offense a) can throw, and b ) has more than one name to look for downfield.

Let's just hope CJ Worton will have a renewed dedication to the game after getting a little playing time and a nice TD catch. Evrey year Gator Country (iirc) does anonymous exit interviews and every one of the anon players said Worton was the most talented WR.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let's just hope CJ Worton will have a renewed dedication to the game after getting a little playing time and a nice TD catch. Evrey year Gator Country (iirc) does anonymous exit interviews and every one of the anon players said Worton was the most talented WR.
Then why hasn't he been getting more play time? It certainly hasn't been DRob's amazing production keeping him off the field.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think he had a broken hand for either the majority of this season or last season. I can't remember.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Then why hasn't he been getting more play time? It certainly hasn't been DRob's amazing production keeping him off the field.
Because up to this point he has been way more interested in partying than football and the coaches took notice.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just hope Callaway doesn't transfer to a more offensive team with a star QB.??

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Treon has all indications he is a heavy user of pot.
Oh, so now pot's to blame for shortness and brown skin too? So let me get this straight. Pot causes laziness, obesity (munchies), psychosis, Orange and Blue afros, shortness, and brown skin? Man, no wonder that stuff is illegal. Everything bad is it's fault!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, so now pot's to blame for shortness and brown skin too? So let me get this straight. Pot causes laziness, obesity (munchies), psychosis, Orange and Blue afros, shortness, and brown skin? Man, no wonder that stuff is illegal. Everything bad is it's fault!
:racist:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.