Antonio Calloway: Arrested and cut yet again

Which aspect of Kyle Trask's possible success would be more important to you?

• Gators success on the field

Votes: 60 53.6%
  • Embarrassing Swamp Donkey

Votes: 52 46.4%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The amount of stupid that Tennessee did in that fourth quarter is amazing. Similar to the amount of stupid UK did in 2017 to allow us to win that game in Kentucky. Let's leave the primary receiver without a defensive play within 10 yards while lined up at the goal line. I mean that kind of stupid only comes from Injun or the men that believe URG grinder profile.
Kintucky demands recognition for doing it TWICE.

Stoops says it's easier than you think to draw up a defense and forget to play cornerbacks.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No matter how bad things get, we can always look down at Ut.

Callaway should only ever be signed for the minimum with incentives tied to performance on the field and behavior off it. He does have elite quicks and speed, but his head should have pushed him waaay further down the draft. It’s not like he was ever going to be Julio or Mike Evans.

That is what the practice squad is, but it's still 12,000 a week for the entire season. The practice squad has been increased to I believe 12 players because of the virus. And the rules on going between roster and practice squad has been relaxed due to the fluid nature of the new IR rules. With the way the rosters are being used (Hard Knocks really is giving some insight to that with the Rams and Chargers) this season is going to be real interesting.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Well.....that was quick.....

Former Florida Gators wideout and Cleveland Browns fourth-round pick Antonio Callaway will have to wait an additional four games before he is eligible to suit up this fall for the Miami Dolphins. According to multiple reports, the NFL has increased Callaway's suspension for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy and he will be allowed to return to play after Miami's seventh game.

“We did a lot of work on Antonio,” coach Brian Flores said after Dolphins signed Callaway earlier this month, via the Miami Herald. “We felt it was an opportunity to add a talented player, and that’s what we did. We will work with him the next few weeks. When we can, we will work with him and we’ll see where it goes.”

https://247sports.com/college/florida/Article/Miami-Dolphins-receiver-Antonio-Callaway-facing-suspension-151682936/?fbclid=IwAR0oqTn2uNSwrwT4hHedckaOzWZDddzVTkr3C4CmcKMVqaWoYSTyQ3h1J7w

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why has the NFL increased Callaway's suspension, did he fail another drug test?
75e69b1c651e90.gif

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Why has the NFL increased Callaway's suspension, did he fail another drug test?

He can return in week 8 according to everything I have read. Another failed drug test would not get him just 4 games. It would be an indefinite suspension. This looks like it is related to the initial failed test. All reports are that Callaway is doing everything he needs as far as rehab goes. I hope it sticks.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I had no clue the face of the McElwain era was still in the league. He was cut by the Cowboys after an arrest. What a waste.

Last edited:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I had no clue the face of the McElwain was still in the league. He was cut by the Cowboys after an arrest. What a waste.

We’ll always have this

a64c8c61a55a188604b8a17b55bc1555-original.jpg

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I had no clue the face of the McElwain was still in the league. He was cut by the Cowboys after an arrest. What a waste.

Well I guess there is more than 2 things that are certain in life besides death and taxes.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's not like he killed someone........ :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.