Antonneous Clayton announces transfer

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've never seen us in 3-4 for a single play this year. As best I can tell Chauncey is on the field 100% of the time and they bring in Vosean Joseph at one of the inside backer positions to cover on third and long. (And in any event, lining up a 240 pounder at "DE" isn't a real 3-4 anyway.)

PLENTY of teams, including Gyorja and Chimpcucks stay in base against 3 receivers. Why wouldn't you against teams that are going to run or at worst throw some 4 yard stuff. Of course, you must have athletic LBs who can cover (at least with help high). We obviously don't.

Look, maybe if we had the right person, like some of those beast safeties that LSU and Bammer have had, I'd be cooler with it. Chauncey Gardner is anything but a run stopper though. Maybe it is just a personnel mismatch that makes me uneasy with this.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So is that good or bad?
It's bad because we are going to line up in a 4-2-5 with a Chauncey Garder where a linebacker SHOULD be and with two 240 pound "defensive ends" most of the time.

Any decent team is going to see that as "run at will".

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The goal is to have real SEC sized ends again, think 270lbs at least but 290-310 is better going against 300-330 lb SEC OTs.
I concur...why in the f vck do you want a offense to know where your "rush" or blitz is coming from....The whole concept is very 2010 ish. F vck the Buck...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I concur...why in the f vck do you want a offense to know where your "rush" or blitz is coming from....The whole concept is very 2010 ish. F vck the Buck...
It just stupid and an admission that we dont have two guys capable of playing OLB and switching up rush or cover duties. We just dont have the talent apparently.

If you are going to label one "rush" and send him every time, it is a 4-2-5 not a 3-3-5.

@ltraz show me some time hacks on this alleged 3-4 we played vs Tinerc.

Edit: I just caught that you also said the cowbell game also. That is still handy on my dvr. Will go look.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Right.

Which is why we are just a 4-2-5.

Btw- I just watched the first Cowbell play and we are in 4-2-5 w 33, 11, and 23. Fwiw 92 95, 55, 96 across the front.

We stayed in for the first drive even as Cowbell switched from 10, 12, and 11 personnel. We did not change personnel to match that four wide.

Im well into the game and havent seen a single 3-4.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:britney:

Wtf?

So..... you claim we are in a 3-4 with two LBs onh the field (maybe 3 if you count CeCe or Jachai). You counting Gardner as a linebacker now?

Dude, Im not following you in the slightest.

The whole "thats a nickel not a 4-2-5" makes me think you are drinking a lot these days.

Or maybe Im just not drunk enough.

REGARDLESS, running a 4-2-5 or nickel as our base defense is going to get our teeth kicked in soon. We re too fvkking soft, especially with two linebacker sized guys playing DE and a DE sized guy playing DT a lot.

Btw: I did just see a play with more of a 3-3-5 look. Ancrum actually lined up in coverage on a TE split left, but rushed anyway (at about 5:00 1st).

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He must be getting abused in spring practice - falling down the depth chart.

Still another 3 or 4 to go after this one....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.