Antwaun Powell-Ryland Jr Played out of his mind

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Getting rid of Brenton Cox was great for this defense. Powell was great in this game. Defense was really good in the second half.

Granted that it’s A&M. But since we’ve stopped really no one this year, it’s a great feat. Defense was really shaky the first half but really buckled down in the second half.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think because he was home in Texas, Princely had a little bit of a coming out party.

On offense – I think Caleb Douglas is going to be special.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Princely was also a man today . As was Justus Boone . Great job by the D as a whole in the second half.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Having that kind of success in the second half hopefully means the unit is starting to gel. I liked the fact we were bring at least 5 on pressure too and sometimes more. That definitely helped the secondary cover and forced some bad throws.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agree on all points, @GatorJ. One thing that concerned me. I didn’t see Kamari at all. Did I miss him?
It looks like somebody already responded – but I didn’t notice. I did see a lot of Torrence and Dean.

Btw, Perkins is terrible.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It looks like somebody already responded – but I didn’t notice. I did see a lot of Torrence and Dean.

Btw, Perkins is terrible.

Yeah. He’s obviously going through some tough stuff. Hopefully we keep him.

On Perkins, he also hit a pic with my son, so I’m less than objective. Good kid, not necessarily a good player.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Po-Ry played very well today. Cox being gone I believe was a big help today. Instead up hauling azz upfield, there was a push that was controlled and actually got hits on the QB. More effective and these kids are young.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
atm is a train wreck this year, but achane is the kind of RB who could've embarrassed us for 4 quarters. The D showed some improvement. Baby steps...

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
52 has shown flashes all year, but we insisted on playing that Dawg that couldn't make a play to save his life. Great leaders make tough decisions. Here's hoping Billy won't wait so long next time.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Today was refreshing to see for a change. I wonder if a few of the guys we saw today have been practicing as good or better than some of the other names we've been seeing all year. Seniority bought the other guys 2/3rds of the season with less than average results so the coaches just decided the future is now. Makes sense to me.
Still no Wingo though or did I just miss him out there?

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Today was refreshing to see for a change. I wonder if a few of the guys we saw today have been practicing as good or better than some of the other names we've been seeing all year. Seniority bought the other guys 2/3rds of the season with less than average results so the coaches just decided the future is now. Makes sense to me.
Still no Wingo though or did I just miss him out there?
Wingo played a few reps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator