Anybody ever done one of those Escape Rooms?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thinking of arranging one for a buddy's wife's birthday. Not sure if they are fun time or if its just gay and stupid. Who's done it? TIA

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Done a few. Friends own a business of them. You’ll think I’m gay. They are a lot of fun. Fuchs Joe Biden.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Done it. Had some fun with our massive group in their hardest option. Didn't get out. Won't do them again.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I’ve not been to one of these places, but it’s my understanding that usually they have numerous beers on tap. Alcohol and ax throwing; what could go wrong?

Yes, I can confirm your post. They have axes and beers. Imagine their insurance rates! Last spring break in PCB we did a break out room and followed it up with the ax throwing. Wished we’d had the ax in the break out room.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Done one with Mrs. Nalt and the kids. It was fun even though we didn't get out before time expired. Never done the ax throwing thing but I have almost cut my leg off with a chainsaw once... No alcohol was involved either... ;)

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Escape rooms can be fun. It's interesting to see the group dynamics. Picture a few people solving puzzles that are strangely connected by clues while others stand behind them shouting ideas.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My wife and I did one on a date night and had a good time. We'd like to do it again either just us or with another couple. I don't recommend too many people in the room at once because it would either get chaotic or some people won't have much of a chance to participate.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Plan according to the group as the rooms typically have a theme. I did one with my wife, sister, and her husband = all 80's kids. So we did an 80's themed room which was great for nostalgia and who could remember what. If the group is about the same age, picking a room they have in common can be fun, picking a room they don't know (like 00's theme) would suck. If the group is of mixed eras, then a room that can pull on info from across decades would allow all to contribute and be involved.

It was fun, a lot of fun. And a little bit irritating when you can't remember something and have to get hints from 'the watcher'.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
I've done three or four of them with a group of friends. I like them but our group is sort of in such a hurry (we are really fast - wouldn't think that if you saw us) and we divide some stuff up. I don't always get to see all the other parts that have been completed, which to me is half the fun.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I've done 2. Got out of one. Didn't even come close on the second one. They are a lot fun, but can get frustrating if you aren't making progress. You'll enjoy it.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Never done one. Is it like the room in the basement of the pawn shop in Pulp Fiction where Butch and Marcellus were trying to escape?

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Our family has done two. Both were fun. We didn’t “escape” the first time, but learned from it and made it out in time on our second one. It requires some logic and problem solving, but mostly just being really observant. I would recommend it.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thinking of arranging one for a buddy's wife's birthday. Not sure if they are fun time or if its just gay and stupid. Who's done it? TIA
You thinking about the type where they bang your mom and try to escape without waking her?

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Have done 2 ...one with friends and one with coworkers as a group outing....the one with friends was wild...we were airline hostages so they blindfolded and handcuffed us outside the room first.....I escaped out of both in the last couple minutes...fun but challenging....

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Have done 2 ...one with friends and one with coworkers as a group outing....the one with friends was wild...we were airline hostages so they blindfolded and handcuffed us outside the room first.....I escaped out of both in the last couple minutes...fun but challenging....
Man 'o MAN could I have a field day dissecting this one!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator