Anybody taking advantage of Coronavirus?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
On another topic, have you noticed the lack of news/rumors regarding a Kung Flu vaccine as the market is straight up and since all those Moderna A$$CLOWNS sold tons of their own stock the day they released that quote/unquote "great"news. Can't wait to see what that investigation yields. But the conspiracy theorists in me is that as we continue to melt up and it being summer, the vaccine talk will be relatively silent. But if we start to slide, don;t be surprised if something "big" happens.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
10yr been poppin last two days... bullish

If these jobs numbers are real (which I do not think they are) and if the FED continues to pump, after a while it will be all gold and guns. If everything is so good then there is technically no need for any stimulus. It can;t be both without severe consequences. 30 yr also rising against a flat short end. Sure does help my yield curve investments, FINALLY LOL

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
If these jobs numbers are real (which I do not think they are) and if the FED continues to pump, after a while it will be all gold and guns. If everything is so good then there is technically no need for any stimulus. It can;t be both without severe consequences. 30 yr also rising against a flat short end. Sure does help my yield curve investments, FINALLY LOL
None of it's real...

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
None of it's real...

The most true statement ever uttered. However at the end of the day most people do not care, as long as their investments, whatever they be, went up. They do not care how. But for the few of us under look under the hood, I have to pick that correct spot to bail. I have to admit I was doing some selling beginning 1 minute after the jobs number. The pace seems well stretched and I can't in good conscience not sell anything.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
As an example JPM already almost 5 dollars off its high in less than 20 minutes of the day. did not sell the high but that stock up 35 bux in less than a month

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
The most true statement ever uttered. However at the end of the day most people do not care, as long as their investments, whatever they be, went up. They do not care how. But for the few of us under look under the hood, I have to pick that correct spot to bail. I have to admit I was doing some selling beginning 1 minute after the jobs number. The pace seems well stretched and I can't in good conscience not sell anything.
Best description I've hear, "we are in maximum distortion"... also said "don't fight it"

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Why are oil stocks up so much today?

OXY is up 21% so far, MRO 10%

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
As an example JPM already almost 5 dollars off its high in less than 20 minutes of the day. did not sell the high but that stock up 35 bux in less than a month
I bought 30 shares on May 15th... shoulda bought just OTM calls far out, like Jan 21, but I'm chicken.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just crossed 100% return on AAL and CCL. JBLU is right there. That odd CARR at 69%.

eh eh... eh eh... he said 69.

Crazy times.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Why are oil stocks up so much today?

OXY is up 21% so far, MRO 10%

ARABS and Ruskies are playing nice and they apparently got a "deal" with Iraq to stop cheating so much. And also haven't you heard. all is well with the KUNG Flu and everyone is going everywhere, LOL Demand has overtaken supply :lmao2:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Just as @BMF asked about oil, it is noonish and the banks are close their lows on the day although still green. What is that saying? Curve is at its steepest in years, Could just be overbought and tired, but they should be acting better if market on highs. Maybe something to watch in the coming days/weeks

And just for kicks, oil 40ish and rates up tremendously on a % basis. 10 yr up 25 or so basis points in a week. How long before Prez tweeter complains about high oil prices and high rates? Clearly not an scholar in the Economics arena.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So we are all in here cackling about our big wins in the dash for trash stocks or stocks that should perform well if everything goes perfectly. As not one of the more aggressive guys in here I am always thinking about worst case scenarios. So any thought to maybe picking up some of the stay at home /Kung Flu stocks as the summer goes on? Not saying today but CLorox getting hit today, Campbells down again today as well as Smuckers. Yes boring as hell but take a look at what they did when the shyt hit the fan. I hope they continue to get hit as the summer goes on.. They are still super expensive but I would love to get my hands on some of these at much lower prices.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Just as @BMF asked about oil, it is noonish and the banks are close their lows on the day although still green. What is that saying? Curve is at its steepest in years, Could just be overbought and tired, but they should be acting better if market on highs. Maybe something to watch in the coming days/weeks

And just for kicks, oil 40ish and rates up tremendously on a % basis. 10 yr up 25 or so basis points in a week. How long before Prez tweeter complains about high oil prices and high rates? Clearly not an scholar in the Economics arena.
actually, he was certainly informed back when we started talking about it (it's no secret), yields (especially 10 yr) and crude HAD to be propped up... they drive everything.... e v e r y t h i n g.... As to when will he complain? When we finally top out on the market, that's when.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.