Anzalone stepping up?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Expecting big things from him. Reminds me of Bates. If he does well I wish they'd move Morrison back outside.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n262819 said:
Won't click on that shït website. Cliff notes?

The whole article is pretty much cliff notes.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Sounds like they're trying to hype him because it's possible Morrison may not go at all this year. I don't know. This kid has had injury issues since he got here. LB is a position that is even more high impact than other spots on the defensive side of the field and guys who have "bleeder" issues in that position ALWAYS have those problems. He claims the weight he has added is protecting him more from the damage that comes from banging with big blockers and hitting players full speed. Another situation where we'll have to wait and see what happens here....

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I would hope he's finally stepping up. Up until now, he's been a 5 star bust.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I know he's had some injuries but saw him several games last year. At this point I'm chalking it up to Asschamp and an inability to see past himself. Now, with Randy Shannon coaching them it is possible. I won't take anything for sure with the last 4 year's debacle we've put up with. Simply don't know.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I like hearing the back stories - the one this week about the Ivie brothers and their sister was heavy. Knowing more about the players heightens my interest in seeing them succeed. I don't get sucked into much "gonna" anymore. But the story helps me appreciate them more.

It takes an awful lot of work to be good, even to just be competitive. It takes total commitment, talent and focus to be great. A kid that is doing the latter but gets injured will always have my support and sympathies.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We need him to step up, every LB we have needs to step up, play good and stay healthy. This is another position that the chump neglected to sign at proper numbers. The one year we did sign a few, that class has been injured for the most part.

Although we are thin in numbers, the 'quality' of the recruits is good, (until they play it's the ole star guessing game) but I do believe having Shannon will have a huge impact on them. The overall performance of our defense will ride on the LB's. The Dline has the potential to be nasty, the nation knows our DB status, so if we get average to better play out of the LB's , we should have a top 10 defense again.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
NVGator;n262819 said:
Won't click on that shït website. Cliff notes?

Which free websites do you use for Gator info?

i find the beat writers across the state tend to be a herd reporting whatever The Kremlin feeds them. GC is staffed by people like us - fans, not journalists, homers and hacks. If I were to pay, I'd pay GatorBait or Fightin' Gator but I don't think they get any more info than the beat writers. The supposed insiders on in pay boards don't have any true scoop 99% of the time. Thoughts?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Theologator;262843 said:

i find the beat writers across the state tend to be a herd reporting whatever The Kremlin feeds them. GC is staffed by people like us - fans, not journalists, homers and hacks. If I were to pay, I'd pay GatorBait or Fightin' Gator but I don't think they get any more info than the beat writers. The supposed insiders on in pay boards don't have any true scoop 99% of the time. Thoughts?

At one time or another, I have been a paying member of all of them. In today's world there is little lag in "breaking" news. This website provides just as much "insider" information as any. I see no reason, any more, to pay for said news. With the exception of Gator Chatter of course...

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Anzalone tore the labrum in his shoulder at the beginning of his freshman year. That takes a full year to heal. I know, I had the same surgery around the same time. He probably couldn't lift heavy for 9-10 months after it. Other than that i think he played all last year. Mainly on special teams. And he was probably not as strong or at the weight he needed to be because of the shoulder. Other than that injury I think he's been fine. Definitely wouldn't put him in the bleeder or injury prone and bust category. Now Rolin is a different story.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
AA was still coming back from that shoulder surgery last year. Those things take a while to recover from. I don't know why. I won't be surprised to see big things from him. I remember him in the all star game when he was still committed to ND and thinking that he and vh3 were the two guys that really stood out.

AA and Rolin have certainly been disappointments. Hopefully that changes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
With Antonio Morrison out indefinitely while recovering from offseason knee surgeries, Anzalone has lined up as first-team middle linebacker during preseason drills. “We all get along together well and are all playing really fast and communicating really well,” Anzalone said. ....

Big things were expected when Anzalone enrolled at UF early in January of 2013. But an injury setback proved costly. During spring drills two months later, Anzalone suffered a shoulder injury that required surgery. Anzalone returned for fall drills but in 10 games as a freshman, mostly on special teams, he had just two tackles. Anzalone progressed as a sophomore, finishing with 14 tackles and one tackle for loss in 2014 while playing behind Morrison, Michael Taylor and Neiron Ball.

Law: I thought he had a back thing too. We have really been snakebitten w injuries at LB.

Tn, he was a consensus 5 star kid. Really he SHOULD be all SEC not backing up 2 stars Michael Taylor and AM. He 8s far more talented than Batesy. As much as I liked Bates, he wasn't really a very good LB.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Would love the development of some kind of thick wrap (like Scuba wetsuit-- they have various thicknesses …thickest
would be "best" ) for prevention of injury & protection of prior injury ??

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Theologator;n262843 said:

Sadly, Twitter is as good of a source as anything if you know who to follow. Most of the time writers just expand the 140 characters they already posted into a whole article.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n262849 said:
Really he SHOULD be all SEC not backing up 2 stars Michael Taylor and AM.
Taylor was a 4 star and AM was also by some services.... I wouldn't call AA a disappointment. He was our best ST player last year and played well despite lack of experience at the end of the year when almost everyone of our LB's was injured. True and even redshirt freshmen rarely see the field at the LB spot in the SEC, especially on the inside. It is a spot that needs development just like Oline. AA will more than likely follow the same progression as Jon Bostic who got better and better until his senior year when he was lights out...If there has been a disappointment at LB over the last 2 or 3 years it would have to be MacMillan IMO. High 4 star who has even hardly seen the field, even on ST, and has looked so bad when he did he got yanked immediately....

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n262848 said:
AA was still coming back from that shoulder surgery last year. Those things take a while to recover from. I don't know why. I won't be surprised to see big things from him. I remember him in the all star game when he was still committed to ND and thinking that he and vh3 were the two guys that really stood out.

AA and Rolin have certainly been disappointments. Hopefully that changes.

I had a labrum tear that I had operated on 2 1/2 years ago. I couldn't lift anything heavier than 5 pounds for the first three months. Then it's a very slow progression to get the should healthy again. My shoulder still hurts in general and I have to be very careful with how I lift, when I lift weights. Those things are hard to recover from. Believe me, an injury like that will set a freshman way back.

Despite what Oxking supposes, he's far from a bust. He was a kid recovering from a major shoulder surgery who played sparingly last year as a backup to three NFL caliber LB'ers, 2 of which were just drafted last year. As long as he stays healthy, he'll do just fine.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's not just Anzalone. McMillian is a boderline 5 star talent as well. All reports from camp is that he is crushing it. Shannon was able to tap his potential. Linebacker development was mediocre at best under the chump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.