AR named Colts starting QB; out for season

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Here's my prediction, after a few bad games and just a touch of adversity, AR goes on injured reserve for a sprained thumb. After a few trades and a couple more injuries, he quietly ends his NFL career forever being talked about what could have been.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm watching the Colts-Bears preseason game. Colts owner Jim Irsay told the broadcast crew the team would have taken AR first in the entire draft, then went on the say why. Intuition, he said.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I'm watching the Colts-Bears preseason game. Colts owner Jim Irsay told the broadcast crew the team would have taken AR first in the entire draft, then went on the say why. Intuition, he said.
Hope is not a strategy.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hope is not a strategy.

Ironically, best quarterback on the field tonight was an undrafted free agent who connected on nine of 10 throws, got rid of the ball real fast, always led the receiver, moved the ball. He'll probably go from fourth to second on the Bears' depth chart as a result.

You don't need to throw 60-yard jump passes to be an effective NFL passer. You need to do the little things well.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some context. The Bears and Colts held joint practice sessions all week. They were intense and included a lot of hitting. AR got work in. The game yesterday was anticlimactic. AR didn't play and neither did many starters from from teams, including Fields.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I have no ill will toward AR, I hope he does well but I wouldn't bet 1$ than he is a success in the nfl.
You cannot teach accuracy. If you don’t have it, it doesn’t happen. Unfortunately AR doesn’t have it. I worried every time he threw the ball.
I think Mertz will surprise us. I won’t be as worried with him throwing the ball.
The altitude concerns me most. Let’s hope we don’t weaken in the second half.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You cannot teach accuracy. If you don’t have it, it doesn’t happen. Unfortunately AR doesn’t have it. I worried every time he threw the ball.
I think Mertz will surprise us. I won’t be as worried with him throwing the ball.

Jalen Hurts and Josh Allen are both examples of players who really had to become accurate passes through tremendous work ethic and commitment to improvement. It can be done if AR is willing to put in the work, which I think he is.

Also, since we’re throwing out concerns that have no relation to Richardson or this thread, I’ll add ninjas. They’ve always been a secretive society that I don’t quite understand. And the fact that we haven’t heard much about them in recent years tells me they may be planning something.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
dog toss 1.gif

dog toss 2.gif

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Jalen Hurts and Josh Allen are both examples of players who really had to become accurate passes through tremendous work ethic and commitment to improvement. It can be done if AR is willing to put in the work, which I think he is.
The reality is those examples are outliers. You don't make outliers normative. The truth is, most inaccurate QBs stay that way no matter how hard they work at it. A QB who is inaccurate with WR screens and hitches is more than likely unfixable. Based on game 1, it looks like AR's mechanics are still the same if not worse.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The reality is those examples are outliers. You don't make outliers normative. The truth is, most inaccurate QBs stay that way no matter how hard they work at it. A QB who is inaccurate with WR screens and hitches is more than likely unfixable. Based on game 1, it looks like AR's mechanics are still the same if not worse.

Yeah, I don’t disagree that they are outliers and I wouldn’t have even mentioned them if they were spaced out over different time frames. The relevance here is that they are similar stories almost at the exact same time which lends some credibility to the idea that it can happen and maybe has to do with current coaching. But yeah that first pick was awful and also vintage. Hope he corrects that at some point.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Looks like a lot of teams gave first team a rest this week. Let's see what happens next week.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like a lot of teams gave first team a rest this week. Let's see what happens next week.
It’s the teams last chance to get game film on all the guys they are about to cut this week as roster limits prevail and so it has become normal to sit almost all starters in the 2nd preseason game.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Mighta been mentioned eons ago... but the thread title with "AR" and "Colts" and his number being "15" again, I find highly ironic!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Anthony Richardson completed 6-of-17 passes for 78 yards in Thursday’s preseason finale against the Eagles, adding five rushes for 38 additional yards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.