AR named Colts starting QB; out for season

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He may even be out for the rest of the year according to that article.

Lol
It's really not a bad thing. I was of the opinion he should have sat and learned all he could the first year anyway. I think he'll be better for it.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
It's really not a bad thing. I was of the opinion he should have sat and learned all he could the first year anyway. I think he'll be better for it.
Right. He experienced the speed and physicality of the NFL during a couple of starts. Now he can sit back and learn by watching and getting better mentally. He also pulled his family out of poverty and got paid before people discover that he is a bit of a Glass Joe.

Glass_Joe2.png

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
AR is a good standup guy. A real talent but the nfl is Not For Long if you keep running high and taking the hits he takes.....

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Richardson is having surgery and is going to miss the rest of the season. I don’t dislike the kid, but he had some good advisors that told him to shut it down at FL and get a paycheck. He got his paycheck and I find it hard to believe he’ll ever play meaningful games in the NFL.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Richardson is having surgery and is going to miss the rest of the season. I don’t dislike the kid, but he had some good advisors that told him to shut it down at FL and get a paycheck. He got his paycheck and I find it hard to believe he’ll ever play meaningful games in the NFL.
He won’t sign a second long term contract. He might not finish his initial 5 year first round deal.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I don’t know. He never seems to have career threatening injuries. Just gets dinged up constantly and misses time. I don’t disagree that he may eventually find himself out of the NFL if teams feel they can’t rely on him to be healthy. But then was it the right choice to shut it down last year(assuming that’s actually what he did)? He was going to be drafted high regardless of what happened on the field, just on potential. And yes, there would’ve been millions waiting for him. But you only get one chance to play college football and, even better, for your hometown team that you grew up rooting for. If it does play out the way you suggest, that would be a huge regret for me. Again, either way, he was going to be very loaded.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fully Guaranteed….he has left 4 out of 5 games with injury…read the tea leaves

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure in the history of sports there is a player somewhere to got paid more money for less production based on a smaller body of work, but I can't think of who it might be. Yes there have been big busts like Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell, but at least those guys kicked ass in college. AR has 1.5 spotty seasons plagued by injuries where half the games he did play he wasn't very good at all. Just mind blowing. Glad its not my money.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure in the history of sports there is a player somewhere to got paid more money for less production based on a smaller body of work, but I can't think of who it might be. Yes there have been big busts like Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell, but at least those guys kicked ass in college. AR has 1.5 spotty seasons plagued by injuries where half the games he did play he wasn't very good at all. Just mind blowing. Glad its not my money.
Because of shared revenue, NFL teams have mountains of money they can toss away, and they do it every year.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
Trey Lance. Played a total of 18 games for North Dakota State, then got drafted 3rd overall by San Francisco. Toughest college games were against UC Davis, South Dakota State, Montana State, and James Madison (won them all).

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Trey Lance. Played a total of 18 games for North Dakota State, then got drafted 3rd overall by San Francisco. Toughest college games were against UC Davis, South Dakota State, Montana State, and James Madison (won them all).
Well at least he won them. The only one of any significance AR won was Utah.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

22. Indianapolis Colts (3-3)​

Week 6 ranking: 17
rd-arrow.png

Lesson learned: QB Anthony Richardson has a future.

From a distance, it's perhaps difficult to assess Richardson's performance given his rash of injuries (he's currently on injured reserve and it's unclear when he'll play again). But this year's No. 4 overall pick has acquitted himself well when he has played, rallying from a 23-0 deficit to force overtime against the Rams and averaging 5.4 yards per carry when he runs the ball. His right shoulder injury could be a legitimate setback in his development, particularly if he misses the remainder of the season. But the Colts can move forward with some confidence that they have finally found their future at quarterback after many years. -- Stephen Holder

The league beat writers are still pumping him... this is from espn weekly power rankings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.