AR15: "Scared money don't make money!"

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Yeah, it may be loony, but that was the conversation. My opinion was the last sentence!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He isn't getting paid 7.6 million a year to chicken out in telling his starting QB he is being benched for the backup.
Believe it or not, you are giving him too much credit. Because the theory that he is simply too chicken to do what is right/best means that he knows what is right/best.

He doesn't. He's not too chicken to do what's right/best. He's too stupid and stubborn. He would rather lose with the kid whos been here longer and better knows the playbook but cant execute it, than win with the kid whos younger and not as knowledgeable but takes his limited knowledge and runs circles around the the more senior player.

That is mullen in a nutshell. He's believes he's the smartest guy in the room. I stated it in another thread but it bears repeating now, he'd rather lose than win by changing tactics because that's an admission of error. Even worse in this case, it would show he's dumber than 90% of the fanbase. Way too arrogant to ever allow that.

AR will continue to ride the bench and then win a heisman for some top 5 team next year.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good to know. Bama can always use another quality QB on it's roster...

raw

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Good. We aren't winning any championships for the foreseeable future, that is clear. Hopefully it accelerates the firing of this incompetent staff.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
If we keep Numbnuts and let AR leave I swear I'm going to lose it.

You know what will help keep AR? Some serious NIL cache. Anyone who knows some Bull Gators needs to get working on this fast. The Kids going to be a superstar so advertisers would be wise to be ahead of the curve and get this kid signed up first.
You know I haven’t thought about that, but think about how does the transfer portal and the NIL ruling could play out. Some schools could really lure a player with some NIL opportunities.

I’m almost done with NCAAF

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
If AR goes, my money would be on Clemson. Ugly has a 5* freshman who I expect will be the man next season. Bama has their current guy so you can eliminate them. Clemson however has the other necessary pieces to make a run with a good QB. Hopefully it’s an academic discussion, but the bright side would be that noise to dump CDM would be so deafening that maybe even Stricklin would hear it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
my confidence level in Dan Mullen fuchsing this up again is almost 100%.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I was talking with a booster this morning who says EJ may be the one to leave.

Why would he leave though? He is the unquestioned starter and there is a majority of fans think a completion percentage against UK where we didn't throw hardly anything beyond hitches and screens is an on fire game. His coach makes no mention of a competition for the job even being a thing.

I got some crap on the Twitter machine when GatorRyan complained about this article and I said that:

1. It's Edgar (before Edgar said it was Bianchi and Edgar's tweet with the article was quoted).
2. AR may not want to wait until 2024 to start, which is what could happen in theory due to the extra covid year. Not because I think it's right, but Dan hasn't shown much sign, if any that EJ will be benched. (Some people think "in theory" means its a definitive statement on what will happen because apparently reading comprehension is not a top 5 public university's strong suit)
3. Since at least 50% of Gator Twitter seems to think EJ has shut the door on any and all QB controversary, it helps #2.

Again, I'm not saying there shouldn't be a change, but until Dan shows that he can make a change without a catastrophic injury I will point to #2 and #3. I think AR should get a shot myself. I downfield passing game with this oline and these running backs would make this one of, if not the, deadliest offense in the nation this year. We've shown we can run when defenses seem to still respect the pass, like Bama. Now that teams know they can move forward and not worry about downfield passing it will gum up the run. Imagine a defense having to respect both because we are a threat with both...Last year no one respected the run and we saw lots of drop 7 and 8.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Should AR transfer, then the powers that be, assuming there are such people, should force Scottie to fire Mullen the next day.
Then the day after that, they should fire Scottie and make him take Fooley with him.

Then and only then can we truly fix this broken program.

Or, we can brush this aside and become the next Tennessee just as the Vols pass by us on their way up.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
First question ANY recruit should ask this staff. "will I have a chance to compete for a starting spot, AND can I actually win it over a player more senior than me? Because I've heard that Coach Mullen starts his more senior players no matter what". If they flinch, through them out of the house and go on twitter and tell the world they are all liars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator